LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Redskins lose OLB Brian Orakpo and DE Adam Carriker for season, Pectorial for Orakpo and Quad for Carriker.

not going to the playoffs now
Why is Schiano's victory formation tactic just now getting heat? He said he's been doing it at Rutgers so this should come as no surprise.
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Why is Schiano's victory formation tactic just now getting heat? He said he's been doing it at Rutgers so this should come as no surprise.

Rutgers doesn't play against NFL teams
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Redskins lose OLB Brian Orakpo and DE Adam Carriker for season, Pectorial for Orakpo and Quad for Carriker.

damn that hurts. guess Adam Carriker can now join Brian Osackpo on a year long quest of making commercials with neanderthals.
Originally posted by jreff22:

So? It showed that that's what he does though, how is who the opposition is relevant?
I'm with Schiano on this one. Yeah it was a really long shot, but there's no reason they should have not played it as any other play. The defensive lineman were clearly going to attempt to try to force some sort of fumble. The O-line really should have seen it coming and if they are going to put the blame on anyone, it should be on themselves for thinking they were magically untouchable despite what they saw and time still on the clock.

I really don't know who to quote here, Jaws, Mangini, Golic, Ditka, Pierce, they were all dead on with their assessment. I'll go with Jaws though, because he called it like I saw it, as Coughlin whining. I'm not sure if Eli complained about it after the game, but he was clearly butt-hurt after the play. Both literally and figuratively.
Atlantas offense makes them a legit playoff team.... I think we can easily pound the rock on their defense (per Willis Mcgahees performance last night) and easily shut down their run game. We can contain their passing game.... Nolan had some tricky disguised defense plays last night that hopefully will get exposed as the season goes on
I'm watching the replay of the Eagles/Ravens game....Eagles looking pretty good
Originally posted by lordfangio:
Originally posted by jreff22:

So? It showed that that's what he does though, how is who the opposition is relevant?

you act like these teams watch film on the Rutgers victory formation
Originally posted by verb1der:

Did they edit out all the turnovers?

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Atlantas offense makes them a legit playoff team.... I think we can easily pound the rock on their defense (per Willis Mcgahees performance last night) and easily shut down their run game. We can contain their passing game.... Nolan had some tricky disguised defense plays last night that hopefully will get exposed as the season goes on

they should take their divison this year and go to the playoffs. still curious how they will play outside their dome against stronger teams and in winter.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by verb1der:

Did they edit out all the turnovers?

lol no, but Reid had some nice play calls vs the Ravens. I think the Eagles will be a force come playoff time. They're D looks a lot better with Demeco Ryans in the middle
it was a kneel down with pretty much no time on the clock anyway.
Even if they did get the ball they were down by a TD so they needed the miracle of getting the ball.
And the miracle of scoring on 1 play
those 2 miracles not worth the risk

Sounds like a sore loser to me. Especially since they probably thought they had the game won in the 1st half.
i know my bucs fan friend sure did
[ Edited by 99problems on Sep 19, 2012 at 8:56 AM ]
Originally posted by 99problems:
it was a kneel down with pretty much no time on the clock anyway.
Even if they did get the ball they were down by a TD so they needed the miracle of getting the ball.
And the miracle of scoring on 1 play
those 2 miracles not worth the risk

Sounds like a sore loser to me. Especially since they probably thought they had the game won in the 1st half.
i know my bucs fan friend sure did

It wouldn't have been that much of a miracle considering how oblivious the Giants were to the defense right in front of them. If a team has the right to try an onside kick and then try to score again with minimal time, the Bucs have the right to try to cause the fumble.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone