There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Calvin Johnson just got paid

He's getting paid more than a QB. This will end up biting them in the ass eventually.
Lord Megatron! I won my FF league thanks to his play. CASH MONEY!!!
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Big money for the 3rd best WR in the league. Lions will suck again.

I can see the argument for Fitz being better, but who else?

One could make an argument that a motivated Randy Moss is just as good.

Just one year ago: 83 rec, 1264, and 13 TDs.

I think at his age, a year of recovery may do wonders for his body.

I'm optimistic for him, but I'm also a realist. I can't see him making those numbers this year, nor beating out CJ$130's stats.

You're right. We got Alex.
Damn, too much for a WR imo. He's the best in the NFL, but I would rather pay Mike Williams 10 mil than Megatron 20.
He's probably somewhere now dry-humping a pile of cash on top of a Bugatti.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
He's getting paid more than a QB. This will end up biting them in the ass eventually.

I Disagree!

His rookie contract was too expensive for this year and next year, so they stabilized his annual contract and back weighted it to be restructured in 5 years. It's not like they were going to let him walk, so this way they get him locked down for the foreseeable future.

Great signing.
wish he was a 49er
Starscream must be happy Megatron is still around.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by spizzy:
Best player in the NFL

Most over-rated in the NFL. He is just a product of the new s**t rules. He runs terrible routes, isn't that fast (IMHO). All Stafford does it throw it up in the air and he is so tall and big it is next to impossible to cover.

Im pretty sure no One in the NFL as a coach or player would say something like this....
This one time I actually watched a 49er game instead of just watching sportscenter and memorizing the stats for the game and this young gladiator took the game over with his foot. His name was Andy Lee. The niners should pay him 15% more then any other punter right now!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I Disagree!

His rookie contract was too expensive for this year and next year, so they stabilized his annual contract and back weighted it to be restructured in 5 years. It's not like they were going to let him walk, so this way they get him locked down for the foreseeable future.

Great signing.

Yeah... nothing like signing a WR to a contract like that. I mean, every NFL team signing non-QBs to contracts like that. Even if it saves them money this year, what about the future.

that's ridiculous..nobody deserves that much money
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
that's ridiculous..nobody deserves that much money

ya thats way to much. I would hate for us to tie up that much of our cap solely on one player.
Moronic signing. Build your defense instead, idiots. The 49ers had one catch by a wideout in the NFCCG and still should have made it to the SB.
Modded.
[ Edited by English on Mar 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM ]