There are 229 users in the forums

Calvin Johnson just got paid

Shop 49ers game tickets
he may not be the best pure WR

but his physical talent work ethic makes him the best WR in football he is not only doubled but tripled and still makes catches
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he may not be the best pure WR

but his physical talent work ethic makes him the best WR in football he is not only doubled but tripled and still makes catches

not against us
Originally posted by jreff22:
not against us

he had 100 something yards.
Calvin deserved every penny!
There's not a person in the league that garners the same coverage that Calvin does. You can argue production all you want but Calvin does his thing agains double and triple coverages.

I'm convinced that I could throw for 300 yards with Calvin Johnson as one of my receivers that's how good he is. Stafford really isn't that good just yet, and he puts up 5,000 yards with Calvin.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
He's getting paid more than a QB. This will end up biting them in the ass eventually.

I Disagree!

His rookie contract was too expensive for this year and next year, so they stabilized his annual contract and back weighted it to be restructured in 5 years. It's not like they were going to let him walk, so this way they get him locked down for the foreseeable future.

Great signing.

If they find a way to NOT actually pay him $132M, great. If they end up having to pay it, it will bite them in the ass.

My guess is they will attempt to restructure, he'll refuse, they pay or find a way to release him. They lose either way.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
that's ridiculous..nobody deserves that much money

ya thats way to much. I would hate for us to tie up that much of our cap solely on one player.

I wouldn't mind if it's an elite QB that can carry the team at the most important position on the field, but a WR? Hell no.
Share 49ersWebzone