LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

2012 Salary Cap will be $120.6M

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Currently $19,459,844 under with a $120.6M cap, plus the carryover of $12.6M, gives us a limit of $133.2M.

Includes the following.

Goldson's $6.2M franchise tag
Brooks' 6-year deal, $2.85M number
Spillman's 3-year deal, $1.08M number
Tukuafu 2-year deal, $465K number(Unsure of any bonus money)
Brock 1-year EFA tender offer of $540K
Grant's 1-year RFA tender offer $1.26M

So it's really like we'll have 21-22 mil pending the Spencer release. That's plenty of room to sign Smith, plus another cornerback if Rogers leaves and a middle tier FA Wr like Robert Meachem or Laurent Robinson.
Originally posted by SFrush:
So it's really like we'll have 21-22 mil pending the Spencer release. That's plenty of room to sign Smith, plus another cornerback if Rogers leaves and a middle tier FA Wr like Robert Meachem or Laurent Robinson.

Yes and like I was saying, Vincent Jackson or Mike Wallace simply aren't going to happen, now when this team still has to re-sign Alex, Rogers or another FA CB, Costanzo and Adam Snyder. Mid-level free agent WR is as good as it will get.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Yes and like I was saying, Vincent Jackson or Mike Wallace simply aren't going to happen, now when this team still has to re-sign Alex, Rogers or another FA CB, Costanzo and Adam Snyder. Mid-level free agent WR is as good as it will get.

$22M to sign our team is great
- $500K to re-sign Brock's ERFA tender
overestimating for these 3
-1.5 for Costanzo
-1.5 for Gooden
-2.0 for Snyder

leaving us with 16.5 to sign these guys, numbers are complete guesses but possible.
-6.0 Alex
-2.0 ginn
-3.0 morgan
-4.0 rogers

leaving us with 1.5 mill in space add in possibly cutting Haralson as well would save us 2.5 putting us at $4M to spend in FA. possible restructures of VD's, Crabtree's, and Justin's contracts could probably save us another (guess here and it could be higher or maybe lower)$8M and give us $12M to play with in free agency.

Of course my guesstimating on the salaries isnt accurate and who knows if we'll even re-sign Ginn, Morgan, or Rogers so under that idea we'd still have $9M(or $13M if we cut Haralson and spend right up to the limit) to play with in free agency without any re-structuring.

IMHO we'd leave that $4M(created by cutting Haralson) alone to sign draft picks so we'd really have $9M to mess with before considering any restructures.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM ]
It depends upon what Alex's cap number will be but I want a g*ddamn WIDE RECEIVER!! A good one like Wallace.
I don't want Alex back and a bunch of nobody wideouts. That's the same as last season + Crabtree.
I don't get this! 19 plus 12 carryover. So do we have 31 million or not?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
I don't get this! 19 plus 12 carryover. So do we have 31 million or not?

we had 31 before we re-signed Brooks, Tukuafu, Spillman and the others. As of now we have $19M but in the next few days we will likely cut Shawntae Spencer giving us $22M to use.

we could also cut Haralson if he is unwilling to take a paycut and/or does not want to be backup behind Aldon and Brooks. Which would give us $24.5M total.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 11, 2012 at 10:54 AM ]
Currently $19,459,844 under with a $120.6M cap, plus the carryover of $12.6M, gives us a limit of $133.2M.

Includes the following.

Goldson's $6.2M franchise tag
Brooks' 6-year deal, $2.85M number
Spillman's 3-year deal, $1.08M number
Tukuafu 2-year deal, $465K number(Unsure of any bonus money)
Brock 1-year EFA tender offer of $540K
Grant's 1-year RFA tender offer $1.26M

We could sign whoever the hell we want with $21 million. It's easy to cut big deals with relatively low cap numbers for the first year.
Spencer would create $2.91M when you take into consideration the top 51 rule.

Then Haralson would create $2.36M, both Spencer and Haralson would be replaced by a minimum guy at $390K each.

With the $19,459,844M right now plus the $2.91M and $2.36M gives us around $24,729,844M in cap space.

Then taking into consideration sfout's numebers,

-1.5 for Costanzo
-1.5 for Gooden
-2.0 for Snyder

-6.0 Alex
-2.0 ginn
-3.0 morgan
-4.0 rogers

That would leave us at around $4,729,844M under. Of course I expect lower cap figures for some, Gooden can be signed for 750K, then Morgan would be 2M at most IMO for 2012. Alex I would hope at 4M, along with Rogers. Ginn seems fine at 2M, same for Snyder. Costanzo is fine at 1.5M, but 1M would be better.

Also take into consideration that with each signing, a minimum guy is bumped, so it creates an extra $390K each player signed. So that an additional $2.73M, brings us to, with the $4,729,844M, up to $7,459,844M, which would be used for rookies. And if we take the difference of Gooden's deal, $750K, plus the fact he is under the vet credit, which would also create $210K, brings us to $8,419,844M under.

Take away 3M for draftees, we would be left with $5,419,844M, which we could use on a vet WR, even Vincent Jackson.

Of course we would create some more cap space at final cuts, $826K for Pontbriand, $540K for Dixon, and some more minimum guys, if Reuland makes the team and Byham is cut, we save some there. We could go into 2012 with about 3M under. And have everyone signed.

Our roster would look like this.

QB- Alex/ Kaep/ Tolzien
RB- Gore/ Hunter/ Draftee or Dixon
FB- Miller
WR- Jackson/ Ginn/ Rookie
WR- Crabtree/ Morgan
TE- Vernon/ Walker/ Reuland or Byham
C- Goodwin
OG- Iupati/ Snyder/ Kilgore/ Rookie
OT- Davis/ Staley/ Boone/ Person

DE- McDonald/ Smith/ Tukuafu/ Dobbs
NT- Sopoaga/ Jean Francois/ Williams
OLB- Aldon/ Brooks/ Rookie
ILB- Willis/ Bowman/ Grant/ Gooden/ Costanzo
CB- Rogers or another vet FA/ Brown/ Culliver/ Rookie/ Brock or Holcomb
FS- Goldson/ Jones/ Rookie or Nelms
SS- Whitner/ Spillman

K- Akers
P- Lee
LS- Jennings

And the 53rd Spot would go to either a CB/S, WR or extra RB.

We would use a draft pick on following;

3rd or 4th WR
3rd RB
RG of the Future
3rd OLB
4th CB
3rd FS

and Another CB/S or WR.

Also if Grant leaves, that creates $1.26M in space, and a roster spot for a rookie.
alex is not signing for 4 mil and VJ isnt signing at 5 M

we wont get a big profile WR anyway rather get a younger guy build throught he draft and resign morgan or get meachem through FA
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
alex is not signing for 4 mil and VJ isnt signing at 5 M

we wont get a big profile WR anyway rather get a younger guy build throught he draft and resign morgan or get meachem through FA

Not saying annual salary, just 1st year cap figure. We can give alex a 8M a yr deal, and VJax a 8-9M a yr. You just use low cap figures in year 1 to help the cap out.

Maiocco has us at 20M under.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/49ers-have-plenty-of-room-under-new-sala?blockID=667622&feedID=5884

So i'm off by about $540,156K.

So I may have over esitimated some salaries.

I am also estimating a generic workout bonus of $5,580K so that an additional $301,320K, so that then leaves me off by $238,836K. Which may be on some dead money I have that shouldn't be.
what is the cap supposed to look like next year? small bump or a good increase which gives some wiggle room for this years guys
Originally posted by jreff22:
what is the cap supposed to look like next year? small bump or a good increase which gives some wiggle room for this years guys

Should go up significantly. The new TV deal kicks in, and revenue will be going up.

I say between 130M-150M. Then in 2014, it goes up for sure to 150-160M.

I dont know the exact system, as they dont release that formula publicly, but it has to do with the new TV deal. Plus in 2013 and beyond there will be a league wide spending minimum, 99% as a league, and 93% for each team. If not 99% combined, then all teams will have to spend 99% of the cap.

Also with the low cap it brings down the franchise numbers. They now go by average of the last 5 franchise numbers. So for 2012, it goes off of 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. RFA tenders go up by like 5%, or more if the cap increases more.

Reasoning we put the rest of Willis' signing bonus pro-ration into 2012 is to give as much cap space for 2013 and beyond.

Should go up significantly. The new TV deal kicks in, and revenue will be going up.

I dont know the exact system, as they dont release that formula publicly, but it has to do with the new TV deal. Plus in 2013 and beyond there will be a league wide spending minimum, 99% as a league, and 93% for each team. If not 99% combined, then all teams will have to spend 99% of the cap.

Also with the low cap it brings down the franchise numbers. They now go by average of the last 5 franchise numbers. So for 2012, it goes off of 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. RFA tenders go up by like 5%, or more if the cap increases more.

Reasoning we put the rest of Willis' signing bonus pro-ration into 2012 is to give as much cap space for 2013 and beyond.

Good stuff...so for long term guys we can give them decent money this year but load up next year and the following year and not get hit too hard.

Maybe we see more 2 year deals then 1 year deals this year so if we like a guy we can extend him while still under contract and have money to blow.

Good stuff...so for long term guys we can give them decent money this year but load up next year and the following year and not get hit too hard.

Maybe we see more 2 year deals then 1 year deals this year so if we like a guy we can extend him while still under contract and have money to blow.

yep exactly. I expect Bowman to be extended after this year. When the cap goes up. Next offseason shouldnt be as bad. We only have a few unsigned as of now. Goldson would be if not long term, then Walker, Sopoaga, Lee and Jean Francois. others would be Brock(RFA), Grant and anyone else signed for 1 yr.
Share 49ersWebzone