LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

2012 Salary Cap will be $120.6M

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by jreff22:
looks like we carried over the reported $16.5M from last season according to NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/30/salary-cap-situation-for-each-team/

San Francisco 49ers
Current contracts: 48
Previous year carryover: $16,500,000.00
Adjustments: $982,519.00
Adjusted cap: $138,082,519.00
Team cap: $132,780,988.00
Cap room: $5,301,531.00
Team cash: $111,944,916.00

This may be after Jacobs, not quite sure. If so we are fine. I didn't realize we carried over an additional $3.9M, if correct, which is should be, we have enough right now to add a vet RG and sign our picks without addressing Goldson, Haralson, etc...

jason did you see the report from Robert Craft like 2 weeks ago that said he didnt think the cap would jump very much next year and possibly 2014 either

I saw that, not sure what to believe. Cap will/should raise in future years. I mean player salaries aren't gonna lower anytime soon, or really ever. So why wouldn't the cap raise. I think it's idiotic. It's owners not wanting to pay a huge sum in one season. So owners don't want a 150-200M cap.

could he be correct? might we see an increase just a slower increase then initially anticipated?
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Aside from Haralson we've got bupkis for depth behind Brooks and Aldon. We can't afford to lose him and I'd be surprised if we dick with his deal to try to force a pay cut.

i ahree keep haralson it isnt like es making tons of money

solid backup

$2.5M for a guy who will never see the field? Brooks played in 95% of our snaps and they envision Aldon being a 3 down player in the same capacity this season. IMHO it would be cheaper to draft 1 OLB and sign another run stuffer like Haralson to minimum salary deal, even though I still dont know if we'll bother drafting an OLB, I think we'll roll with our LBs the same way did last year, keep 3 backup MLBs, 1 of them being Tavares Gooden who is capable of playing outside as well as inside.

The difference between Haralson's $2.5 million and the alternative is chump change in the grand scheme. I'd prefer to keep Haralson around and bring in a rookie to coach-up for a season and then push Parys out in 2013. OLB is the position group on the roster that's most vulnerable to injury. We can't dick with the already limited depth here.
looks like we carried over the reported $16.5M from last season according to NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/30/salary-cap-situation-for-each-team/

San Francisco 49ers
Current contracts: 48
Previous year carryover: $16,500,000.00
Adjustments: $982,519.00
Adjusted cap: $138,082,519.00
Team cap: $132,780,988.00
Cap room: $5,301,531.00
Team cash: $111,944,916.00

This may be after Jacobs, not quite sure. If so we are fine. I didn't realize we carried over an additional $3.9M, if correct, which is should be, we have enough right now to add a vet RG and sign our picks without addressing Goldson, Haralson, etc...

jason did you see the report from Robert Craft like 2 weeks ago that said he didnt think the cap would jump very much next year and possibly 2014 either

I saw that, not sure what to believe. Cap will/should raise in future years. I mean player salaries aren't gonna lower anytime soon, or really ever. So why wouldn't the cap raise. I think it's idiotic. It's owners not wanting to pay a huge sum in one season. So owners don't want a 150-200M cap.

could he be correct? might we see an increase just a slower increase then initially anticipated?

I think it's possible. Probably 50-50 on whether the cap will go up a lot of slowly. I just think Owners want a low cap so they feel they dont need to pay so much money, so they can get out of contracts given 2-3 years prior. Teams usually give a Signing Bonus to pro-rate over 5 or less years(depending on length of deal), so they can easily cut/trade that player.

We're at the moment with almost $118M committed to 52 players for 2013, with free agents pending like Randy Moss, Brandon Jacobs, Delanie Walker, Rock Cartwright, Andy Lee, Isaac Sopoaga, Ricky Jean Francois and Tramaine Brock.

Brock is a RFA to be, and may not make the 2012 roster, Cartwright would go on another 1yr vet minimum deal. Moss and Jacobs are wait and see deals. The main ones are Lee, Sopoaga, Walker, and depended on if we extend Goldson. I may also recomend, depended on cap wise, extending goldson, and giving him a higher 2012 salary, and lower 2013 than expected. Still cut 1-2M off 2012.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/33468/nfc-south-cap-woes-to-continue-in-2013

Looks like the cap will NOT go up according to espn.com blog. Reported by John Clayton a little while back the cap will be $120.9M in 2013, which makes no sense.

Interesting on this article, "The Saints have $83.3 million committed toward 19 players. Again, Brees isn't one of them. If he does get a new contract, his 2014 cap figure easily will put the Saints over $100 million". Thats for 2014.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/33468/nfc-south-cap-woes-to-continue-in-2013

Looks like the cap will NOT go up according to espn.com blog. Reported by John Clayton a little while back the cap will be $120.9M in 2013, which makes no sense.

Interesting on this article, "The Saints have $83.3 million committed toward 19 players. Again, Brees isn't one of them. If he does get a new contract, his 2014 cap figure easily will put the Saints over $100 million". Thats for 2014.

wow I wonder how they're going to make it work. They might have to gut their team?

glad we passed on Manning
Share 49ersWebzone