There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Colts looking to trade Freeney

oh how the mighty have fallen
rather have mario williams
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
sign Mathis to a lucrative extension, trade Freeney, release Manning, lose Garcon and Wayne....

they're going to need luck more than Luck.

Honestly though, I think they're going about it the right way. If you're going to rebuild, then rebuild.

Too often we see teams who need to rebuild, but try to appease the fans by bringing in mediocre talent and one big name. That just results in a 6-8 win season and average draft choices.

If Luck lives up to even half of the hype he gets, in two years the Colts will be the place to play for any FA player on offense. And they will have been built sustainably. Taking the short term hit in losses should prove valuable if their scouting staff is solid.

oh, i agree. we'll see what the end result is, though; Luck is going to have to be pretty special to succeed in a vacuum. i'm not sure how signing mathis to that big extension fits in with the other moves, though.
Originally posted by sachie23:
way to expensive and he's a 4-3 end.

So was Justin Smith.

BTW, do not want.
How old is he? Does he have a history of injuries? How much $ would it take?

Right now ot front 7 is the best in NFL - Risk-Reward - Is he really worth it OR is there someone else who would be better for the team that would be a reall difference maker?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
How old is he? Does he have a history of injuries? How much $ would it take?

Right now ot front 7 is the best in NFL - Risk-Reward - Is he really worth it OR is there someone else who would be better for the team that would be a reall difference maker?

I don't think he has the talent to take over a starting spot anywhere on our 3-4 defense. And I believe his cap hit this season is $19MM, which is the final year of his deal.
There's no need in having this conversation about a player that is aging, often-injured, and has never played in the 3-4 (and there is zero indicator that he can).
Originally posted by baltien:
There's no need in having this conversation about a player that is aging, often-injured, and has never played in the 3-4 (and there is zero indicator that he can).

Nobody is calling for him to be in a 3-4. The few that are for going after him are referencing fred dean or a charles haley. Come in for passing formations and he would be (essentially) a 4-3 DE.

Freeney.....smith....mcdonald...smith

That would be an explosive pass rush. And still half way stout against the run
Colts just released Gary Brackett today.

I like their approach to rebuilding. Blow it up and build it back up.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Colts just released Gary Brackett today.

I like their approach to rebuilding. Blow it up and build it back up.

They'll have Andrew Luck, so it will probably work. Lucky b*****ds.
Just released Bracket, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai and Bullit