There are 263 users in the forums

Peyton Manning will sign with...

Shop 49ers game tickets

Peyton Manning will sign with...

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
But seriously, I think Manning to Miami is pretty much a done deal. Ross is pulling out all the stops for the guy and Reggie Wayne is said to have his heart set on playing for the Dolphins. Wayne+Marshall=legit receiving corps. If Manning is healthy, and that is a BIG if........Miami will be a playoff team.

Wayne lives in Miami

Yeah he's been saying he wants to follow Peyton though, and that him and Peyton and Marshall would be an amazing offense.
I would laugh hard if the Niners stole Peyton from the Fins just like we did with Harbaugh. Harbaugh/Manning have that Indianapolis Colt connection, maybe they can just talk for a bit :D
Originally posted by dhp318:
I would laugh hard if the Niners stole Peyton from the Fins just like we did with Harbaugh. Harbaugh/Manning have that Indianapolis Colt connection, maybe they can just talk for a bit :D

lulz

we didnt steal harbaugh we actually met with him
from what ive heard we havent met or talked to peyton

49ers never "stole" Harbaugh from the Dolphins, the Dolphins nearly "stole" Harbaugh from the 49ers as Ross swooped in on his jet late in the game and basically nabbed Harbaugh and at that point everyone was assuming, even on these forums, that Harbaugh was going to be coaching the Dolphins.

People were flipping the hell out, crying about Josh McDaniels or Brian Billick or Hue Jackson being the next coach of this team.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 9, 2012 at 8:03 AM ]
I think its stupid that the Niners aren't going after Peyton. Its unbelievable. All of the arguements of why they shouldn't go after him and why they should stick with Alex are stupid.
So do the Chiefs not want him? Stupid.
How much more $$ do you think it would cost to get Manning over Alex?? Not saying I think we should do it...
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
How much more $$ do you think it would cost to get Manning over Alex?? Not saying I think we should do it...

Miami is gonna pay him the bug bucks, He will get paid more than Alex for sure
Originally posted by daragon:
I think its stupid that the Niners aren't going after Peyton. Its unbelievable. All of the arguements of why they shouldn't go after him and why they should stick with Alex are stupid.

You mean stupid "arguments" such as the fact that Manning is old, coming off a serious injury, one big hit away from the retirement home, that his stats have basically been declining on a yearly basis, that's he has been downright atrocious at times during the playoffs and has been quite a choker, that even in his Super Bowl winning year he threw for 3 TD's and 8 INT's in the playoffs, the worst of any Super Bowl winning quarterback.....ever? That signing Manning means parting ways with Smith and forcing the team to yank Kaepernick off the bench if/when Manning goes down?

Those stupid arguments?

You mean stupid "arguments" such as the fact that Manning is old, coming off a serious injury, one big hit away from the retirement home, that his stats have basically been declining on a yearly basis, that's he has been downright atrocious at times during the playoffs and has been quite a choker, that even in his Super Bowl winning year he threw for 3 TD's and 8 INT's in the playoffs, the worst of any Super Bowl winning quarterback.....ever? That signing Manning means parting ways with Smith and forcing the team to yank Kaepernick off the bench if/when Manning goes down?

Those stupid arguments?

serious question

doesnt manning usually do a bit worse in the postseason than the reg season? i mean for all his mvps etc hes only been to 2 SB
I voted Dolphins, then saw results that 41% agree. I should've voted differently from the crowd because I'm a rebel!
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by daragon:

Those stupid arguments?

That pretty much sums it up for me too. No way does he last behind our o-line lol.
Some people on football's future brought up KC. They suffered last year because they were hit extremely hard by injuries but they have a ton of talent. Manning might be what they need to put them over the top. They have Cassel and Orton...
Broncos doe
Share 49ersWebzone