LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Why hasn't this team been associated with Peyton Manning?

Shop 49ers game tickets
The Dallas Cowboys...For all the criticism that Tony Romo takes down there and a owner and general manager in Jerry Jones that you never know what he's thinking, plus a frustrated fanbase, I'm just shocked that nobody has linked Manning to them.

I'll start with saying that I'm not a Tony Romo basher. For all the lambasting he takes, he has them in prime opportunity every year for the playoffs. Now is he elite? Thats debatable, but he's tough (See 2011 49ers game), plays hard and is a solid leader. However that fanbase down there is tired of empty promises and like us 49er fans, wants to recapture some of that old glory. I think a big move like that would be something to get them re-energized.

Jerry Jones has always been a wildcard and seems like somebody genuinely commited to winning, so if anybody could pull off a big trade or signing like that, it's him. That team is set perfectly for a star quarterback like Peyton Manning and offers a lot of intrigue to someone like him. They've got a very talented young set of receivers in Laurent Robinson, Dez Bryant, and Miles Austin. A solid running game with Demarco Murray and Felix Jones and albeit an aging one but still one of the most dependable tight ends in the game in Jason Whitten. They have a more than adequate defense.

So again I'm just curious as to why you guys think that the Cowboys wouldn't atleast be semi-interested or maybe they are flying under the radar or do they just have that much faith still in Tony Romo? Your thoughts?
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/free-agency/163199-schefter-says-theres-chance-49ers-even-talk-manning/

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/free-agency/163199-schefter-says-theres-chance-49ers-even-talk-manning/

Doesn't pertain to his post
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Nothing to do with this thread.
haha
Do they even have the cap room to consider Manning?

On top of that, f*ck the Cowboys. I hope they stick with the best choke artist in the league, Tony Romo.
you know, this is a really good question. I'm surprised the Cowboys haven't been even interested. You would think they would be, because they're the Cowboys; basically the Raiders of the NFC but not as stupid. Romo is pretty entrenched there and the organization really believes in him, though. And, I think its interesting that the teams Manning is interested in going to, so far, are all "smaller markets," more "out of the way" teams. I think that's his style. The Cowboys as an organization doesn't seem to fit the Manning personality, really.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 14, 2012 at 2:30 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Because they have the great Alex Smith.....

The Cowboys have Alex Smith?!?!
tony romo is a loser. f**kin choke artist, every f**kin year. i hope they extend him for another 20 years so they never win s**t

Maybe they figured, if you're in a deep hole - stop digging.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
This thread is funny because it shows which posters just read the titles and which ones actually read the posts.
Originally posted by Janitor:
This thread is funny because it shows which posters just read the titles and which ones actually read the posts.

This.... The webzone is a fickle place.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Because they have the great Alex Smith.....

The Cowboys have Alex Smith?!?!

Wow! We need a link for this.
I think the Cowboys have faith in Tony Romo and a lot invested in him. He may not be elite but he is still a top 10 QB in this league. Moving him aside for a guy with Mannings age and injuries would be foolish.
Share 49ersWebzone