LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is bull**** I cant believe they are letting them play this sunday
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

how about the coaches? should they be unsuspended?
all right. so next time Goodell makes a decision we don't agree with, someone just sue him and b*tch for a few months.
so Sean Payton gets to coach too?
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

how about the coaches? should they be unsuspended?
Thats probably next in line... this really pisses me off!!

God-dell is gonna look like a real b****
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Sep 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM ]
f**k the Saints! f**k Goodell!
I guess the CBA does not apply to coaches, so they cant be reinstated.

Im still pissed doe....f*** Vilma!
f**k those putos
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
so Sean Payton gets to coach too?

coaches were warned multiple times by nfl and did not stop

players were never warned
Well I dont want to see Hagans get suspended for a DUI now.....if you can try to hurt players and get off free then all should be ok

So...bounties are legal now?
But I said this all along that there was no evidence that you could pinpoint on the field on video that could clearly connect the words spoken, money collected, and actions on the field leading to a payout. Talk is cheap but the action is on the field and as a 49er fan, I could not see 1 instance of an illegal hit with intent to injure by a Saint player in our playoff matchup regardless of what Greg Williams was saying.

As for the administration of the "bounty pool", who is to say whether the coaches or players ran the thing? The league just had too much burden of proof if it were a real court of law. You gotta connect documentation of evidence of bounty set and the particular play of intent that led to injury to discipline players in that manner. Pranks, wagers, fighting, and all kinds of crazy talk happen inside NFL locker rooms, but the refs are supposed to administer justice on the field and the league as far as fines and suspensions for infractions as they occur. If you come after the fact with discipline, you bear the burden of proof. The cameras don't lie.

It should however, have been easy enough to tie someone to the Brett Favre situation. That game seemed to be one played by savages. Just brutal what they did to Favre. It was like they were trying to knock him outta the game.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Well I dont want to see Hagans get suspended for a DUI now.....if you can try to hurt players and get off free then all should be ok

Haggans was irresponsible in endangering others lives driving while intoxicated and that is unacceptable. However, if you feel that your child is endangered, then you would probably take that risk. Tough call, so I think it comes down to his past history and his demonstration of character. I am hoping he doesn't miss time and the league lets the law enforcement deal with the situation
I don't want to hear another player crying over safety ever again.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Haggans was irresponsible in endangering others lives driving while intoxicated and that is unacceptable. However, if you feel that your child is endangered, then you would probably take that risk. Tough call, so I think it comes down to his past history and his demonstration of character. I am hoping he doesn't miss time and the league lets the law enforcement deal with the situation
I agree both are stupid but a sick kid means more then players trying to hurt others.
Share 49ersWebzone