There are 205 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
yeah this s**t is like Deliverence... Only Rodger Goodell is the redneck inbread and the Saints are the chubby man squeeling like a pig.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Reading all these tweets....holy s$5t.
I think punishing the fans and players is stupid. Punish the owner and the individuals involved, but not the team......knee jerk reaction in my opinion.
IMO, the league has the responsibility to determine whether hits are legal or whether they command fines. One fine trumps any bounty money these guys were making. The players generally kept the hits legal, so it's hard for me to fault the players. The only problem I have with a bounty would be if the Saints were condoning illegal play by paying off players' fines. Not sure that was happening though.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing NFL also showed evidence on ledger that S Roman Harper once was due$1000 for knocking NYG RB Brandon Jacobs from a game.

and did Roman Harper have to give anything back???

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing NFL also showed evidence on ledger that S Roman Harper once was due$1000 for knocking NYG RB Brandon Jacobs from a game.

Pride?
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Pride?

.... does he still have any left??

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I think punishing the fans and players is stupid. Punish the owner and the individuals involved, but not the team......knee jerk reaction in my opinion.

The "fans" punishment is collatteral damage. SP flat out lied on multiple occasions about no bounty. Yet the league has evidence to support their claims. What are they to do? Fine him? Money is too easily replaced. That is no incentive to other teams not to have a bounty. Severe suspensions gets the point across and scares others away from doing it in the future.

If you want to be pissed at some one be pissed at the people who orchestrated and encouraged the bounties. Feel sorry for the fans but at no time were the fans "punished"
Punishing the fans would be akin to taking all prime time games away, stripping teams of championships, etc.

Anytime a marquee player is suspended the "fans" are punished because they don't get to see their guy perform.
"Give me my money." - anthony hargrove.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Jesus, what the f**k did he think he was gonna do by curling up in a ball and waiting to get ran over?

Now they have.........

NFL creates anonymous bounty tip line Posted by Mike Florio on June 20, 2012, 9:49 PM EDT
AP In order to prevent the imposition of bounties on players who complain about bounties, the NFL will create a vehicle for the anonymous reporting of the existence of bounties.

After Wednesday's meeting between Commissioner Roger Goodell and Senator Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Goodell announced that a tip line will be created for anyone who wishes to let the league know about the existence of bounties, according to Ted Barrett of CNN.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/20/nfl-creates-anonymous-bounty-tip-line/

Too bad they don't have an obvious dick head tip line. If Roger Goodell isn't one I don't know who is.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Now they have.........

NFL creates anonymous bounty tip line Posted by Mike Florio on June 20, 2012, 9:49 PM EDT
AP In order to prevent the imposition of bounties on players who complain about bounties, the NFL will create a vehicle for the anonymous reporting of the existence of bounties.

After Wednesday's meeting between Commissioner Roger Goodell and Senator Dick Durbin (D-Ill.), Goodell announced that a tip line will be created for anyone who wishes to let the league know about the existence of bounties, according to Ted Barrett of CNN.com

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/20/nfl-creates-anonymous-bounty-tip-line/

Too bad they don't have an obvious dick head tip line. If Roger Goodell isn't one I don't know who is.

OMG this is stupid. Sounds like Goodell has been talking to the Nevada DMV, who has an anonymous line to report anyone with out of state plates living in Nevada so they can fine them for not changing their plate when they move.

Whats to stop players from other teams to make false reports? i.e Rothlisberger against the Niners
Originally posted by E-49er:
OMG this is stupid. Sounds like Goodell has been talking to the Nevada DMV, who has an anonymous line to report anyone with out of state plates living in Nevada so they can fine them for not changing their plate when they move.

Whats to stop players from other teams to make false reports? i.e Rothlisberger against the Niners

Its not like anyone who makes an accusation is automatically 100% correct..I'm sure they would have to find a substantial amount of proof first.
Originally posted by E-49er:

That's f**ked up. Does the snitch get rewarded for this?
sounds like a lot of people will be crying wolf this year and accusing people of things. i suspect the niners get accused of tons of stuff since we have a knack for putting people on the injured list lol
Share 49ersWebzone