LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Remember how Payton and Williams did Harbaugh dirty in the preseason??

Karma's a real b----
  • dj43
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
there are too many hypocrites in football. the saints did not incur any more penalties, fines, or suspensions than any other team in the nfl during that period for illegal hits on the football field. that should say a lot. if there was excessive contact or any illegal cheap shots taken then the zebras on the field were supposed to throw laundry in the grass, put players out of the game, and the NFL should have fined and/or suspended them. that hasn't happened in the league's case until now. and that is due to politics. they are trying to put on a caring face to say "hey mean hits are not allowed in our league it is against our rules so please former players don't sue us". i am an old head football fan and i want to see hard hits and big plays and i believe that is why they pay footballers the big bucks. the only thing the saints did wrong was by putting up money for those big plays they violated the nfl policy towards player compensation. but to go out and say "imma tell mr goodell on u saints because u hit too mean" is straight BS. Now if williams told his players to break em up and i will pay u and that is what happened, then i agree it is bad for the game. but the film and the flags on the field do not show where the saints did anything but play vicious, hard hitting, physical and mostly legal defensive football. i am all for that because we do the same except our guys for the most part try to ease up when tackling to make the play but avoid injury. but i don't want goodell turning the game into an offensive, flag football game for his own political reasons. gonna have grown men playing football pouting and finger pointing because someone hit too mean. just like the crap they pull against james harrison. its football and everyone should b hit including the qb, excluding the kicker

Some paragraphs and punctuation would have made this readable.
If you pay me to hurt someone for you, and we get caught we go TO JAIL! If a group, or organization, plans to hurt others, it is a federal crime under the RICO act, the Saint's players, and front office are lucky this happened on a football field, or it would have been considered organized crime, and ownership, if they were part of it could find themselves in jail, so whatever the NFL decides is punishment, is better than you or I could hope for!
I believe the reason for the harsh punishment is Payton LIED to the commissioner for two years that this wasn't going on. Yet there is a damn paper trail showing it was being done. Put that in with the whole league getting sued by former players for not being protected from concussions and such. You make a fool of the commish he's gonna hand you your ass.

I don't care how few flags flew etc. The issue was rumor had it there was a bounty program. The league looked into it. NO said no we don't have one if we do we'll stop it. Not once but TWICE!!!!! and there were stupid enough to have the program on paper/email for people to find.

Philbusta if you have a son who you thought was doing something wrong and you asked him if he was and he lied to you not once but twice wouldn't you come down on him hard as well?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
worst bounty hunters evar

And the best part is, our defense hits that hard FOR FREE!!!!

aint fans still cry bloody murder about this play

bunch of idiots don't know the rules.
  • mod
  • Veteran
bunch of idiots don't know the rules.

apparently if your running a bounty system too
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/report-gregg-williams-put-15000-bounty-on-brad-johnson-in-2006/

Why?
worst bounty hunters evar

Originally posted by valrod33:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/report-gregg-williams-put-15000-bounty-on-brad-johnson-in-2006/

Why?

wow Brad Johnson seriously im starting to think this Gregg Williams guy needs more than just a year than football. Hes kind of an egomaniacal buffoon.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kaz9er:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Why?

wow Brad Johnson seriously im starting to think this Gregg Williams guy needs more than just a year than football. Hes kind of an egomaniacal buffoon.

I think he is banned for life, he better start working on another career move. No way the NFL lets him back in.

Wait does Williams get to collect unemployment? I don't want my taxes feeding this scumbag.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Wait does Williams get to collect unemployment? I don't want my taxes feeding this scumbag.

Usually unemployment is for when you lost your job through no action of your own. So if you purposely got fired, or did something stupid to get fired you aren't eligible for UI.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
That's badazz diva

Anyone else gotten the vibe that Payton and Williams are a couple of lesbos in nfl drag?
[ Edited by Bryant4everYoung on Mar 23, 2012 at 6:18 PM ]
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
That's badazz diva

Anyone else gotten the vibe that Payton and Williams are a couple of lesbos in nfl drag?

Ewwww Gregg needs to pack the sports bra next time
Peyton looks like an old Justin Beaver.
Share 49ersWebzone