LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
So how long before this clown is cut from the Rams?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
So how long before this clown is cut from the Rams?

would love to see a Williams Fisher connection from back in the day and have Fisher fired from the Rams as well. Looking at Fishers teams and the s**t that those guys did it wouldn't surprise me if his ass was guilty as well.
  • dj43
I haven't had time to read through this thread but I find it interesting that Williams left the Saints almost immediately after their season ended. Of course he knew the investigation was under way and he may have felt like getting out of NO would soften the coming blow.
Originally posted by dj43:
I haven't had time to read through this thread but I find it interesting that Williams left the Saints almost immediately after their season ended. Of course he knew the investigation was under way and he may have felt like getting out of NO would soften the coming blow.

He left cuz they're defense sucked
when New Orleans beat Minnesota in the NFC Championship Game, everyone talked about how their strategy was to hit Favre and make him ineffective. I don't recall many pundits having a problem with that. Now you have people crying about it. I think its incredibly hypocritical.

that said, the Saints are/were very much in the wrong and need to be punished severely. But I think some of these writers and talking heads need to climb down off their high horse and look in the mirror.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
when New Orleans beat Minnesota in the NFC Championship Game, everyone talked about how their strategy was to hit Favre and make him ineffective. I don't recall many pundits having a problem with that. Now you have people crying about it. I think its incredibly hypocritical.

that said, the Saints are/were very much in the wrong and need to be punished severely. But I think some of these writers and talking heads need to climb down off their high horse and look in the mirror.

Hitting a guy to make him gun shy and making him eat grass is different then going for his head and KO'ing him in 1 shot is the difference. Aldon beat the s**t out of big Ben but wasn't trying to take his head or knees out in the process.
cowgirls did the same thing agaist packers - they focused on taking out tony siragusa because they knew they couldn't contain him. Doubleteaming an opponent is part of the game, but to have a goal on taking someone out of the game due to an injury, that's just admitting your team blows.
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Mar 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM ]
Just picked this up off of SI.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/michael_mccann/03/03/saints.bounty.system/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a4

Doubtful, but could be jail time.

VERY Intersting read, especially the "conspiracy' component.
Have you guys read Peter Kings story on this? Ill post the link.

I found this interesting.

The NFL said it examined 18,000 documents totaling some 50,000 pages. One of those was an e-mail from a former team consultant, Mike Ornstein, to Payton, allegedly pledging $5,000 toward a bounty on an opposing quarterback. A source said Ornstein—at one time a close confidant of Payton's who in October 2010 would plead guilty to federal fraud and money-laundering charges in connection with the scalping of Super Bowl tickets and the sale of bogus game-worn NFL jerseys—claimed he was kidding about the pledge, but the league took it seriously.

According to the source, Payton refused to admit he knew much of what Williams was doing. Confronted with the e-mail from Ornstein, Payton expressed surprise and said he hadn't read the e-mail.

I think unless he owns up to knowing about it Payton is gonna get hit hard by Goodells ruling. I cant stand that douche bag I hope he gets suspended for a whole year

Link to Kings story
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1195695/1/index.htm
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
IDGAF

The NFL should strip the Saints of their Super Bowl title. That would be the ultimate punishment.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
The NFL should strip the Saints of their Super Bowl title. That would be the ultimate punishment.

and give it to us
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

They should have stripped the Patriots but instead they just swept it under the rug.
Originally posted by valrod33:

and give it to us

sounds good to me XD
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Hitting a guy to make him gun shy and making him eat grass is different then going for his head and KO'ing him in 1 shot is the difference. Aldon beat the s**t out of big Ben but wasn't trying to take his head or knees out in the process.

my point was just that all these bloody tampons like Peter King didn't seem to care so much at the time.
Share 49ersWebzone