LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

David Garrard anyone?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
also, doesnt he have Mesothelioma? Dont want him giving that to any of our other players, I heard that s**t is mad contagious

Originally posted by Bootlegger:
To be honest, i still believe in Tolzien and this move would require that we part ways with Tolzien.

I love our qb situation, and I also am a believer in Tolzien. Let Kaepernick and Tolzien develop, we could potentially have a strong qb depth for a few years.
Wow all the jokes and criticisms of a player who has never lost in a niners uniform. Can any one give any football related arguments or reasons why or why not? Here are mine, in only ten more starts Garrard has more: 322 ATT,273 comp, 3460 yds, 21 tds, 85.8 rating, 1117 rushing
yds, 13 rushing tds. 7-3 in the 10 more games and 4 less ints. I don't know what the future holds for ei
ther qb, but my argument as of right now with tangible evidence Garrard is clearly the better player.
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Wow all the jokes and criticisms of a player who has never lost in a niners uniform. Can any one give any football related arguments or reasons why or why not? Here are mine, in only ten more starts Garrard has more: 322 ATT,273 comp, 3460 yds, 21 tds, 85.8 rating, 1117 rushing
yds, 13 rushing tds. 7-3 in the 10 more games and 4 less ints. I don't know what the future holds for ei
ther qb, but my argument as of right now with tangible evidence Garrard is clearly the better player.

As of right now Alex Smith is coming off an NFC Championship appearance and Garrard is coming off what exactly? Alex is the better of the two and surprisingly its not even close
I am rooting for Kaep, but not against Alex. If Alex is the best qb on the team than so be it, he should start and I will root for him to succeed. I'm not a person that always has to be right, but I will argue my point if I feel I am correct. As long as my niners are winning bill musgrave or Tim rattay could be our qb. I do want to get back to the point whereour offense will put fear in the opposing teams hearts.
I am rooting for Kaep, but not against Alex. If Alex is the best qb on the team than so be it, he should start and I will root for him to succeed. I'm not a person that always has to be right, but I will argue my point if I feel I am correct. As long as my niners are winning bill musgrave or Tim rattay could be our qb. I do want to get back to the point whereour offense will put fear in the opposing teams hearts.

And David Garrard is the last person that would put fear in our opposing teams hearts
Alex is also coming of a 17 td season, if the niners were 6-10 with those stats people would ask for his head on a platter. The niners were a great team last year defensively, special teams and coaching. Our offense left a lot of points out there on the field. Games were a lot closer than they should've been because of that. Our team doesn't even need an elite qb to win superbowls, just someone a little better. Garrard is by no means elite, he is a little bit better qb. I need numbers, facts, something real to change my mind. I'm not caught up in the hype of troy aikman Jr. just yet.
He can at least hit a wide open receiver with a deep pass, that will put enough fear in a defense to not load the box every time.
You can't make it to or play in a conference championship game if you are injured.

Alex is also coming of a 17 td season, if the niners were 6-10 with those stats people would ask for his head on a platter. The niners were a great team last year defensively, special teams and coaching. Our offense left a lot of points out there on the field. Games were a lot closer than they should've been because of that. Our team doesn't even need an elite qb to win superbowls, just someone a little better. Garrard is by no means elite, he is a little bit better qb. I need numbers, facts, something real to change my mind. I'm not caught up in the hype of troy aikman Jr. just yet.

he's 34 years old and has never had a winning record when starting for a full season.
My thread says Garrard as our starter or backup to Kaep. The post here says I am rooting for Kaep, if and when he is deemed ready to play by harbaugh he will put the fear in opposing teams.
is this real life?
Originally posted by HessianDud:

he's 34 years old and has never had a winning record when starting for a full season.

Thank you that's what I wanted a football based argument. That is a good point, Alex does have that over him.
I picked David Garrard of all people because he is a solid qb ,under the radar, and he would be a cheaper option. My dream qbs would be people like Brees, Rodgers, even Eli. I don't know the timeline but I think Kaep will be ready soon. That's why I wouldn't want to tie a lot of money up or sit Alex on the pine again. He is a good dude who has been loyal and true a class act. The NFL however is a business and I would hate to see Alex sit.on.the pine especially if he has a fat contract.
Share 49ersWebzone