There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

David Garrard anyone?

Originally posted by ninersfan23:
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Check the stats friends;)

The stats say hes never won in the playoffs.

Actually he beat the Steelers (!) in the 2007 Wildcard game.

But still, why would anyone want Garrard over Alex after the season Smitty just had?
Isn't his back all jacked up? dude isn't even healthy
I think he got his answer but on top of it this belongs in the free agency part of the forum since he is not a 49er.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Feb 29, 2012 at 1:40 PM ]
I am by no means an Alex hater nor am l an Alex lover. With that said, I'll get to my question. What about letting Alex go, and picking up David Garrard to either be our starter or our backup to Kaep? Just my opinion, he would be a better option filling either role. Go!

You seem to want to be viewed as expressing a reasonable analysis but what is reasonable about letting go of a #1 draft pick who just led his team to a 14-4 season and the NFC Championship game? Anyone new - regardless of talent - would have to learn an entire new system. Furthermore, Garrard is nowhere near as talented a QB as Alex Smith. Kaep is not ready yet; give him another year or two.

Do you really think decimating a successful team by firing its lynchpin is anything but Alex-hating? Are you one of those people who, even when we win a SB with Alex, will still blame Alex for not doing better in the win? Some people will never acknowledge Alex, no matter how many regular season games and SBs he wins. Are you one of them?

This is not common sense; it is insanity. Thankfully, JH and TB are much smarter football men than you.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by ninersfan23:
Check the stats friends;)

The stats say hes never won in the playoffs.

Actually he beat the Steelers (!) in the 2007 Wildcard game.

But still, why would anyone want Garrard over Alex after the season Smitty just had?

Maybe he lives (or used to live) in Jacksonville.
I get it. This is like Candid Camera, but on the internet. Right?
vet minimum maybe.
Free Agency Forum?
I'd rather have Alex.
lol
sign him....to hold tolzien's jock strap
I say through Josh Johnson in the mix with the the other two.. Will can still bring back Alex. He will know up front who he has to beat out. And may the best man win! Oh and the 4th QB get cut whoever it is..
At a bargain rate why not? He is a veteran qb who is mobile enough to escape trouble. I would take him in a heart beat as a 2nd or 3rd string back up. Kaep is the future but might not be fully ready until next season. Tolzien in my opinion can be cut to pick up a vet qb. I don't see why everyone thinks he's so great just because he played good against us in a preseason game. I don't get it. It reminds me of Nate Davis. SMH.
You're kidding, right?