LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 423 users in the forums

If you were Dwane Bowe.......

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There are better WR's on the market (Vincent Jackson).

No.

Yes.

Fail.

Agree with SD, Jackson's hands are way better than Bowe's and when he's not fighting over his contract he puts up ridiculously good numbers. He'd be Alex's best friend IMO, with his height..
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

No.

Yes.

Fail.

Agree with SD, Jackson's hands are way better than Bowe's and when he's not fighting over his contract he puts up ridiculously good numbers. He'd be Alex's best friend IMO, with his height..
Height is overrated, bowe's 3 inch disadvantage is made up for by his athleticism he's a great jumper.

Ridiculous numbers? Bowe, with mediocre Cassel scored 15 touchdowns in 2010(and still managed an 1000+ yd season this year with Palko much of the year). That's a ridiculous number. The fact that Vjax has Rivers has to be factored in. Bowe is also younger.

I don't think bowe is going anywhere, but he's better than jackson no doubt.
[ Edited by mike on Feb 15, 2012 at 4:41 PM ]
Originally posted by mike:

No.

Yes.

Fail.

Height is overrated, bowe's 3 inch disadvantage is made up for by his athleticism he's a great jumper.

Ridiculous numbers? Bowe, with mediocre Cassel scored 15 touchdowns in 2010(and still managed an 1000+ yd season this year with Palko much of the year). That's a ridiculous number. The fact that Vjax has Rivers has to be factored in. Bowe is also younger.

Meh, Bowe dropped 15 passes this year. That's a lot. Plus I think Bowe gets franchised anyway. I'm not sure why people are anti-VJax, dude is only 28 and he has had 1k seasons 3 of his last 4 years, and the only 1 he didn't was because of the contract dispute that held him out for 11 games. Plus he scores a lot of TDs, and he brings an added dimension to our offense with his height. That would help in the red zone.

I like Bowe too but he reminds me of TO except with a much better attitude. I think he gets franchised anyway.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mike:

No.

Yes.

Fail.

Meh, Bowe dropped 15 passes this year. That's a lot. Plus I think Bowe gets franchised anyway. I'm not sure why people are anti-VJax, dude is only 28 and he has had 1k seasons 3 of his last 4 years, and the only 1 he didn't was because of the contract dispute that held him out for 11 games. Plus he scores a lot of TDs, and he brings an added dimension to our offense with his height. That would help in the red zone.

I like Bowe too but he reminds me of TO except with a much better attitude. I think he gets franchised anyway.

Agree that he's getting franchised, I just like Bowe more lol.

I don't know that alex can even throw to a deep threat receiver lol...Going from canon-arm rivers to Smith would be interesting for vjax, not sure he's really a 1000+ yd guy here. It would be nice to have him to at least take attention off of davis though.

I'm not anti-anyone, just a realist/pessimist(depending on what you call it), I doubt we throw money at anyone big. Meachem, garcon, Wayne, those are the names I'd expect. But who knows.
[ Edited by mike on Feb 15, 2012 at 4:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Dana Stubby on 95.7 points out:

Would _____________ want Alex Smith passing him the ball?

The obvious answer is no. Not if ___________ could pick and choose where he wanted to go.

Sad but True I remember watching Sportsnation and Roddy White said he don't like Smith. The Smith to Davis was a better catch than a throw! Smith is not an attractive QB when it comes to numbers WR will run away!

If you think the catch was better than the throw then you have some stuff to learn about football.

Tell that to Roddy White as he made the statement so obviously you don't know football

lol and Roddy White is the same dumbass who routinely shoots off his mouth and just ripped his boss. Roddy White's a f**kin idiot. BTW Alex was like 10 fold more productive than Matt Ryan in the playoffs. Ryan pisses his pants in the playoffs.

Regardless of what he says the dude can BALL freakin beast at his position. You can't deny you would cream in your pants if 49ers had him. To understate Matt Ryan is pathetic cause he's younger than Alex and has accomplished more so far with NO defense.
Regardless of what he says the dude can BALL freakin beast at his position. You can't deny you would cream in your pants if 49ers had him. To understate Matt Ryan is pathetic cause he's younger than Alex and has accomplished more so far with NO defense.

they have no defense because they draft and improve there offense every year

and he has 1 elite WR and 1 elite rookie prospect WR who looks very good

we have none of that

and he hasnt accomplished more he hasnt won a playoff game yet and isnt he only younger by 1 year?
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

we have none of that

and he hasnt accomplished more he hasnt won a playoff game yet and isnt he only younger by 1 year?

Just cause you have weapons on offense don't mean your a good team ask Saints, Pats, Packers who have terrible defenses this year. Yea 1 year and has had a better career so far. Playoff's win don't mean anything if you don't WIN the SB is Irrelevant what you are saying cause most will take Matt Ryan over Smith anyday.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

we have none of that

Just cause you have weapons on offense don't mean your a good team ask Saints, Pats, Packers who have terrible defenses this year. Yea 1 year and has had a better career so far. Playoff's win don't mean anything if you don't WIN the SB is Irrelevant what you are saying cause most will take Matt Ryan over Smith anyday.

Playoff wins don't mean anything??? You are a funny guy norwalk. BTW White is a dumbass, TO was way better than him and also said a lot of stupid s**t and torpedoed himself damn near out of the league. Just because you're good doesn't mean you're right or are a good talent evaluator of other positions. There's a reason the expression "million dollar talent and ten cent head" exists.

btw name me one playoff game where Matt Ryan has had the success of Alex in either of his playoff games. I'm not sure you can. I know Alex's game vs NO was way better than anything Ryan's done in the playoffs. Alex did that throwing to Crabs, Vern, Williams, and Peele. Matt Ryan couldn't even put up a field goal vs the same Giants team that Alex atleast scored 14 against, despite having Roddy White who you claim is such a badass, Julio Jones who is insanely talented, a HOF TE, decent 3-4 WRs a good OLine, and Turner at running back.

Aikman, Warner, Montana, Harbaugh, Gannon, etc. have all basically completely disagreed with what Roddy said. They're all more accomplished than him as players and actually played the QB position. I think I'll trust what they have to say over a wide reciever that has a 10 cent head.

Not to mention that Roddy said that about Alex back in the offseason. I'm pretty sure if you asked him again, his tune would've changed by now.
Share 49ersWebzone