LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Current 2012 cap totals

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
How the F are the Cardinals and Rams at $120MM?? There is almost nobody of note on either roster. Terrible franchises, top to bottom.

low draft picks over the last 5 years for both teams, over the last 10 years for the Rams lol
[ Edited by ImaMod on Feb 9, 2012 at 12:39 PM ]
Originally posted by ImaMod:
low draft picks over the last 5 years for both teams, over the last 10 years for the Rams lol

Yeah, Jason Smith got 72 million with 33 guaranteed (?), Sam got 78 million with 50 guaranteed. Long six-year $56.5 million with $29 million guaranteed.

Fitz just signed a 120 million with 50 guaranteed. Dockett signed for 48 million with 30 guarantee for a 4 year extension. Kolb with 62 million. They have Campbell as a free agent so they will have to do some restructuring or make some cuts.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Yeah, Jason Smith got 72 million with 33 guaranteed (?), Sam got 78 million with 50 guaranteed. Long six-year $56.5 million with $29 million guaranteed.

Fitz just signed a 120 million with 50 guaranteed. Dockett signed for 48 million with 30 guarantee for a 4 year extension. Kolb with 62 million. They have Campbell as a free agent so they will have to do some restructuring or make some cuts.

sucks for them, great for us
Originally posted by Gore_21:

sucks for them, great for us

That's why i hated the old rookie wage scale.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

Yeah, the new one is so much better good job by the NFL including that in the CBA
Cardinals fans talking about trying to unload Dockett and his massive salary for a 2nd round pick.

Terrible. This isn't 2008.

I'd take him. Can you imagine a front with our LBs and and then a Smith/Soap/Dockett DL? I dunno if they'd deal him to us though, probably not.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Cardinals fans talking about trying to unload Dockett and his massive salary for a 2nd round pick.

I'd take him. Can you imagine a front with our LBs and and then a Smith/Soap/Dockett DL? I dunno if they'd deal him to us though, probably not.

I wouldn't. He isn't an improvement over anybody on our line.

for real? I know RayMac is good and cheaper but Dockett used to be a major pain in the ass to play against and he's still not that old isn't he?
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

for real? I know RayMac is good and cheaper but Dockett used to be a major pain in the ass to play against and he's still not that old isn't he?

Dockett is a beast but we already invested 5 years 25? or 20? mill in mcdonald
I dont think we'll land Dockett cause he'll be too expensive and we gotta use that money to keep Goldson, Rogers etc

Ray Mac played well this season and I only see him getting better
Dockett is a beast but we already invested 5 years 25? or 20? mill in mcdonald
I dont think we'll land Dockett cause he'll be too expensive and we gotta use that money to keep Goldson, Rogers etc

Ray Mac played well this season and I only see him getting better

this.

Dockett would be an upgrade over Ray Mac but we need to resign our own players first.

• buck
  • Veteran

I do not think that there was no rookie wage scale in the past.

I am pretty sure that the rookie wage scale started last year with the new contract.
These numbers are accurate, they include most base salary escalators, I missed some one timers for Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati, plus extra bonus possibilty for Gore. But Willis is puzzling, I dont understand the difference.
Originally posted by buck:

I am pretty sure that the rookie wage scale started last year with the new contract.

you know what i mean. The old way on how rookies got more money than the veterans.
Originally posted by buck:

They didnt really have a rookie wage scale, only that the players usually got a 10-15% raise from previous years pick, but if a QB was picked year 1, then OT year 2, the QB would get higher, because of position. The whole old system or whatever you would call it was broken.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
These numbers are accurate, they include most base salary escalators, I missed some one timers for Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati, plus extra bonus possibilty for Gore. But Willis is puzzling, I dont understand the difference.

thanks dude. I am always interested in CAP numbers and how much my team, and others, can potentially spend. I really get interested when teams like Oakland start cutting players to save $5 mil or so.
Share 49ersWebzone