There are 279 users in the forums

Why do people hate Tom Brady?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I have no hatred at all for Tom Brady. Class act, great player, and a Bay Area guy. People hate him simply because they dont want him compared to Joe Montana and are jealous of a guy who seems to have everything.. great career, successful and rich wife, and a life that most envy.
i heard tom brady has sh*t for a personality.. very how do you say "rich minded"
i actually respect and like brady as a person, i like his competitiveness and determination. just dislike the bandwagonism that occured when he came into the scene and belichick at times bugs me but not as much as he does other people
  • mod
  • Veteran
I'm cool with brady
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Its because of the way people talk about him like he never does anything wrong and if he would of won last night he would of been been the greatest QB ever.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
i heard tom brady has sh*t for a personality.. very how do you say "rich minded"

And you heard this from someone who knows him really well? Just curious who you know so well who knows Brady's personality.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:

And you heard this from someone who knows him really well? Just curious who you know so well who knows Brady's personality.
i wish i could hook you with the exact link but just read alot about it when he was injured. and cassle was with the team. Of course hes gona be nice probably to his teamates/Family/Friends but when it came to the public and dealing with charitys etc he was a real a$$
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I have no hatred at all for Tom Brady. Class act, great player, and a Bay Area guy. People hate him simply because they dont want him compared to Joe Montana and are jealous of a guy who seems to have everything.. great career, successful and rich wife, and a life that most envy.

and a niner fan! There's no reason not like him
[ Edited by ImaMod on Feb 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM ]
People hate other people for 3 reasons- 1. They hate themselves. 2- The wanna be that person. 3.- They see you as a threat.. Now if all the people that hate Brady would put themselves to those 3 facts, it's very easy to see why.. (I mean if you have a fat wife, work at the burger barn for $9/hr., and your a jets fan- you easily see how you fit all 3)...
Originally posted by vaden:
I admit I've disliked him because people have wanted to put him on par with or even ahead of Montana, plus I hate Boston teams, but the guy is actually totally likable and one of the fiercest, most dedicated competitors the game has ever had at QB. And of course it's cool that he comes from here and was a big Niners fan. I was rooting for him yesterday and was actually sad to see him blow the game in the 4th and Eli outshine him. It just feels wrong. Something is very wrong about how the Giants pulled this off.

I didn't like the Montana comparisons either and I'm okay with Brady, but not the team he plays for. It's just something about Boston fans that irks me.

I don't think Brady blew the game in the 4th yesterday, his throws were on the money that last drive but his receivers let him down.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
when ur superbowl ring laced fingers smell like this,

you're bound to acquire some haters.
I don't hate Tom Brady. I just want to be able to talk sh*t to their bandwagon riders.
Originally posted by vaden:
I admit I've disliked him because people have wanted to put him on par with or even ahead of Montana, plus I hate Boston teams, but the guy is actually totally likable and one of the fiercest, most dedicated competitors the game has ever had at QB. And of course it's cool that he comes from here and was a big Niners fan. I was rooting for him yesterday and was actually sad to see him blow the game in the 4th and Eli outshine him. It just feels wrong. Something is very wrong about how the Giants pulled this off.

Alot of people feel the same way. Won on crazy fluke plays against teams that hadn't done that all season. Look at our game. Lost on special teams with 2 turnovers. Hadn't had one all season I believe. Welker dropped a pass. WES WELKER! Branch and Hernandez did also. Arron Rodgers had his worst day in arguably 2 years. Just strange things.
I like him and I actually like the Patriots and have liked them since they went to the superbowl against the Packers who I really hated at the time. I was a big Bledsoe fan. Then they went to the superbowl against the Rams so I had to root extra hard for them and I liked them even more for beating them.
I hate all New York teams so I kinda root for most Boston teams.
I hate the Patriots, and he's on the Patriots last time I checked. There are a billion Patriots fans, 11 years ago there were 4.

You guys can swing from his nuts, or hate him. Either way, you can stand in line.
Share 49ersWebzone