LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Sorry Tom Brady

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
They be blasting him and rightfully so because I do think his game has fallen off a bit.

http://articles.boston.com/2012-02-05/sports/31027533_1_tom-brady-wes-welker-patriots

Not so safety call: Blame Brady for this oneFebruary 05, 2012|Eric Wilbur, Boston.com Staff, Globe Staff
ShareE-mailPrint

The legend is dead, the prince has turned back into a frog, and...well, use whatever other cliché you want.

A performance as bad as Tom Brady's tonight in Super Bowl XLVI deserves a lead just as lame.

Sorry, Tommy Boy, this one's on you. Your hideous performance led to the Giants' 21-17 Super Bowl title win. How embarrassing for your coach, your teammates, and your fans.

But especially for you, boy wonder. It was one thing when you led the game off with a safety, which surely put plenty of faith into the heart of Patriot Nation, but just when you have the game, just when you might be able to run off the clock, you huck the thing downfield. Yes, if Wes Welker catches that thing, you're in the clear, and fans will place the blame either way, but what happened to being safe in that situation? What happened to the Patriot Way and clock management?

What happened to you?

What an embarrassment for the Patriots organization and Bob Kraft. So now the Giants have taken Lombardi from you twice, and you haven't looked this bad in a playoff game since...well, two weeks ago against the Ravens. Maybe that moment will actually hit you as you're whittling down water slides in South America looking like Prince Valiant this spring. The Patriots haven't won a title in seven years, but even worse, they're now turning into the Buffalo Bills, with the Giants being their Cowboy daddy. That's not easy to swallow in a region where New York is regarded as highly as the menu at Beacon Hill Pub.

But, there you are, Tom. That's what you have become. Your legacy has been stamped, but you're turning your Joe Montana status into one of Jim Kelly. But, hey what you worry? There's that new mansion in the "Names" pages to deal with.

Yes, there were plenty of dropped passes to go around. Granted. But when you begin the game with such a boneheaded play, then proceed to make random mistakes, sorry, Tom, game is on you.

There was no fourth and 13 to blame Belichick for.

Welker was the closest thing to Asante, and the eeriness compared to the Tyree play will be discussed for decades to come.

Thanks for that too. Can't wait. Oh, look, another text coming in from 212...

Tom, it's not all your fault, but you're the poster boy, you had opportunities, and you failed to make them. Add to that your blunders, and it all becomes about you. You blew this Super Bowl. You denied your coach No. 4. You let down your teammates.

Eli and Peyton now have as many rings as you combined over the past five years. You haven't sniffed one in seven. How's that hit you?

Maybe it doesn't hit you as hard anymore, and maybe that's the problem.

The safety killed the Patriots. Killed them.

And there's nobody to blame but Tom Brady.

However hard it might be to swallow, the glory days are gone. Even Montana handed off to Mallett at some point, right?

that's a pretty bush league write up. hope that guy isn't getting paid.
i wish i was tom brady
Originally posted by ninersbaby1:
i wish i was tom brady

So his(your) wife could take half your stuff in the divorce?
I don't hate Tom Brady at all. He acknowledges what his idol did, and he doesn't place himself above Joe in his mind. The media can talk of comparisons all they want, but it doesn't mean anything.
What a travesty. Mr. Bundchen fails miserably in the Superbowl, and the turnip truck driver wins. Halftime show was a joke, Madonna almost falls, and lip syncs the song. I just hope when the 49ers are in it NEXT YEAR, they will plan a better halftime show, and bring respect back to the game.
Sorry, but neither team should have been in it. A 9-7 time wins the trophy, and their opponents only won ONE game against a team with a winning record.
I like Tom Brady.

But in reality, not only does he not compete with Montana, I think his stock has dropped a few places on the historical list.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by schmons:

[ Edited by ImaMod on Feb 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM ]
Originally posted by danimal:
I like Tom Brady.

But in reality, not only does he not compete with Montana, I think his stock has dropped a few places on the historical list.

Tom Brady does not compare himself to Montana. He compares himself to Tom Brady. He is the measuring stick in the NFL right now.
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by susweel:
But his wife is smoking hot.

This. He still wins at life.

And will be in HOF

Haters gonna hate

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
And will be in HOF

Haters gonna hate

I'm pretty sure the argument isnt is Tom Brady a hall of famer but his rank among the best QBs.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
And will be in HOF

Haters gonna hate

I'm pretty sure the argument isnt is Tom Brady a hall of famer but his rank among the best QBs.

No look at the original post. Just hating.

And I hate comparing QBs of different eras. Imagine Joe in today's game with the QB hitting and WR rules, he would kill. Plus QB should be judged on SB wins so anyone who compares the two are silly anyways
I have to admit when he got flagged for that safety I laughed my ass off.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Feb 6, 2012 at 5:43 PM ]
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/michael_rosenberg/02/06/brady.legacy/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

anyone read this on SI? Basically saying that Brady had a great game for a s**tty Pats team and added to his legacy.

Now, I can buy the argument that this Pats team is not the most talented and that they got to the SB on Brady's arm. Sure. And he did for the most part play well, especially in the middle of the game. Fine.

But listen to this s**t:

If you think Montana was better, that's fine. Montana was phenomenal. But if we're going to discuss it, we should at least point out that Brady has been sturdier than Montana, and that midway through Montana's career, the 49ers added the best receiver in history to a contending roster. Jerry Rice did not make Joe Montana; Montana was an alltime great before Rice showed up. But I think it's fair to say Wes Welker is no Jerry Rice.

Basically saying Brady is better than Montana because he doesn't have Jerry Rice. Give me a f**king break. He was an all-time great before he got Randy Moss, no? And I love the charge that Montana wasn't "durable", with no mention of the fact that he played in an era when QB's could get leveled with no regard.

I can buy that the loss didn't hurt Brady's legacy as much as some people are saying, but the above is absolute BS.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/michael_rosenberg/02/06/brady.legacy/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a2

anyone read this on SI? Basically saying that Brady had a great game for a s**tty Pats team and added to his legacy.

Now, I can buy the argument that this Pats team is not the most talented and that they got to the SB on Brady's arm. Sure. And he did for the most part play well, especially in the middle of the game. Fine.

But listen to this s**t:

If you think Montana was better, that's fine. Montana was phenomenal. But if we're going to discuss it, we should at least point out that Brady has been sturdier than Montana, and that midway through Montana's career, the 49ers added the best receiver in history to a contending roster. Jerry Rice did not make Joe Montana; Montana was an alltime great before Rice showed up. But I think it's fair to say Wes Welker is no Jerry Rice.

Basically saying Brady is better than Montana because he doesn't have Jerry Rice. Give me a f**king break. He was an all-time great before he got Randy Moss, no? And I love the charge that Montana wasn't "durable", with no mention of the fact that he played in an era when QB's could get leveled with no regard.

I can buy that the loss didn't hurt Brady's legacy as much as some people are saying, but the above is absolute BS.

This article proves that anyone can write now a days! This guy clearly does not know football or what he is talking about. MONTANA GOAT!
Share 49ersWebzone