Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
montana > brady
walsh > belicheat

f**k the giants

f**k kw

You contradict yourself.

You say f**k the Giants and you root for the Patriots, yet if the Pats won that would mean that Belecheat is better than Walsh, Brady is better than Montana, and the 31st ranked defense is superbowl champions. Is that really what you wanted?

Some of you guys need to see past your own bitterness and realize the big picture. The Giants winning has no historic ramifications related to the 49ers greatness. The Patriots winning would have had plenty, and now that they lost, that s**t can be put to bed forever.

I'm glad the Giants won. To be more accurate I'm glad the Patriots lost.

i said since b4 the game that i hate both these teams

montana has always been better than brady even if the pats won, only now the world knows what we have all along

seeing the giants win our championship stings even worse than a petty brady to montana comparison

cosigned

See that is where you are both wrong. It wasn't our championship. We lost the NFC Title game, or did you guys miss it? We made mistakes and we lost the game. The Giants beat us in nearly the exact same fashion that we beat a s**t load of teams this year.

You dudes need to move on. I can tell you're young or you would remember all the other NFC title games we lost. This one stung no less than any other. So you're going to say none of those other teams that beat us deserved it? Gimme a break.
Originally posted by vaden:
This goes down as the worst Super Bowl I've seen. The media will hype it as historic because of the teams and QBs involved, but the level of play was mediocre. I think the Giants came in so cocky they were off their game, and the Pats are probably the worst AFC representative ever. Never beat a winning team all year except for the game the Ravens gifted them.

I agree.

yes indeed. no buzz...lousy all around
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
The Great Tom Brady doesn't score any more points than Alex Smith against the same Giants team. How about that, eh?

Yes, Clearly Alex Smith played at the same level as Brady:

1-13 on 3rd downs

1 pass to a WR

Half of his "pass yards" came from a 74 yard run his TE.

Yep. Sounds right to me. Go ahead show me the all powerful QB rating to prove your point....

Tell me, what's it like to be a revisionist historian?

You know better than anyone else judging from your posts about Smith over the years.

Brady definitely is >>>>>> Alex Smith. But despite how much Alex sucks and single-handedly made this team not convert any of their third downs aside from one (especially when we ran the ball), Brady couldn't even score more points than the same team that knocked the 49ers out only because of Kyle Williams. He didn't just not score more points, he helped contribute to their loss by missing a wide open Welker, AND heaving an interception.

Just to be understood, I was replying to the poster (who was effusive about Smith following the NO game) who replied to your post.
Most boring superbowl in my life, I'm 46...that means all of them! Wow we would have eaten the Pats up!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The Great Tom Brady doesn't score any more points than Alex Smith against the same Giants team. How about that, eh?

1-13 on 3rd downs

1 pass to a WR

Yep. Sounds right to me. Go ahead show me the all powerful QB rating to prove your point....

You know better than anyone else judging from your posts about Smith over the years.

Brady definitely is >>>>>> Alex Smith. But despite how much Alex sucks and single-handedly made this team not convert any of their third downs aside from one (especially when we ran the ball), Brady couldn't even score more points than the same team that knocked the 49ers out only because of Kyle Williams. He didn't just not score more points, he helped contribute to their loss by missing a wide open Welker, AND heaving an interception.

one thing is for sure, Brady looks like doo doo when there is ANY type of pressure.

What, are you Alex's agent or something? You can't just say something negative about the QB of another team -- that means you're saying Alex Smith is better than them or something.

How the hell did Alex come into this thread ?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
montana > brady
walsh > belicheat

f**k the giants

f**k kw

You contradict yourself.

You say f**k the Giants and you root for the Patriots, yet if the Pats won that would mean that Belecheat is better than Walsh, Brady is better than Montana, and the 31st ranked defense is superbowl champions. Is that really what you wanted?

Some of you guys need to see past your own bitterness and realize the big picture. The Giants winning has no historic ramifications related to the 49ers greatness. The Patriots winning would have had plenty, and now that they lost, that s**t can be put to bed forever.

montana has always been better than brady even if the pats won, only now the world knows what we have all along

seeing the giants win our championship stings even worse than a petty brady to montana comparison

cosigned

See that is where you are both wrong. It wasn't our championship. We lost the NFC Title game, or did you guys miss it? We made mistakes and we lost the game. The Giants beat us in nearly the exact same fashion that we beat a s**t load of teams this year.

You dudes need to move on. I can tell you're young or you would remember all the other NFC title games we lost. This one stung no less than any other. So you're going to say none of those other teams that beat us deserved it? Gimme a break.

not moving on, lol

and i remember all the title games we lost, they didnt hurt as bad as this one as we were a dynasty back then
montana > brady
walsh > belicheat

f**k the giants

f**k kw

You contradict yourself.

cosigned

Agreed. This protection of history is certainly petty. The more years that pass by, the less people will remember the Niners as a great team. I think once John Madden and Pat Summerall retired, that the primary mainstream media torch bearers fell by the wayside. "So many weapons..." This is a new generation of players and fans. And the way this season ended sucks. But I kept saying all season long that Kyle Williams was going to cost us some day with his reckless returns, and sure enough he did, in the championship game. I wish the Niners brass had enough sense to pull him. And cutting Braylon Edwards late in the season was huge. Once Ginn went down, would you have rather had Brett Swain at 100% or Braylon Edwards at 75%?
So this SB can be called the:

The TD that should never have been.
The TD that shouldnt have been scored that won the SB
Lawrence Tynes got ripped off.
Originally posted by susweel:

1-13 on 3rd downs

1 pass to a WR

one thing is for sure, Brady looks like doo doo when there is ANY type of pressure.

What, are you Alex's agent or something? You can't just say something negative about the QB of another team -- that means you're saying Alex Smith is better than them or something.

How the hell did Alex come into this thread ?

He's one sneaky little bugger.

Just to be understood, I was replying to the poster (who was effusive about Smith following the NO game) who replied to your post.

No worries, I know -- I was actually replying to Oakie.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
At least in the blowouts, like ours or TB vs. Oak, you are seeing one team play well and making exciting plays. Except for the 40 yard sideline pass near the end, this game had nothing but a bunch of plodding drives that seemed to be occurring in slow motion.

That INT killed NE, it should of been a Pass Interference on Blackburn. He pushed off on Gronkowski.
montana > brady
walsh > belicheat

f**k the giants

f**k kw

You contradict yourself.

cosigned

meh, I'm bitter and I'll keep being bitter and I'll dislike who I want, thank you very much
lmao, Manning classy? Same guy who forced his way to the giants And Coughlin is Hall of Fame of coach according to herm Edwards. If parcells cant get in so why should Coughlin?
What the hell? The Giants fumbled 3 times and never lost the ball!..... That's the same s*** they were doing against us. 2 would be int's where we banged into eachother and an early whistle fumble. They had 3 against us too that didn't result in turnovers. Plus the hail mary against the Packers. Just chuck it up into triple coverage. This is the luckiest playoff run I've ever seen. Losing the ball left and right through the entire playoff run and never turning it over....

Plus throw it into double and triple coverage in every game and luckily not get the interception ever. This might be the luckiest playoff run of all time. But nobody will remember that. They will just remember the Giants won.
Originally posted by Psinex:
montana > brady
walsh > belicheat

f**k the giants

f**k kw

You contradict yourself.

cosigned

Agreed. This protection of history is certainly petty. The more years that pass by, the less people will remember the Niners as a great team. I think once John Madden and Pat Summerall retired, that the primary mainstream media torch bearers fell by the wayside. "So many weapons..." This is a new generation of players and fans. And the way this season ended sucks. But I kept saying all season long that Kyle Williams was going to cost us some day with his reckless returns, and sure enough he did, in the championship game. I wish the Niners brass had enough sense to pull him. And cutting Braylon Edwards late in the season was huge. Once Ginn went down, would you have rather had Brett Swain at 100% or Braylon Edwards at 75%?
Lol petty? Ok bud. I'm proud of this team's history. I would like to keep it as unsurpassed as possible for as long as possible. I don't give a s**t what other people remember, or if people are old enough to remember it in the first place, in which case= not listening, lol.
Share 49ersWebzone