2011-2012 SUPERBOWL THREAD

Shop 49ers game tickets
We let one slip.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
We let one slip.

....again
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
What, are you Alex's agent or something? You can't just say something negative about the QB of another team -- that means you're saying Alex Smith is better than them or something.

For the record, you're the one that brought up the comparision. Do I have to pull the quote?

I also said Brady is >>>>>> Alex. All I said was the obvious. His team didn't score any more points. He threw a costly pick, and missed a wide open Welker. This is not to say any player outplayed the other, but for all the numbers, he couldn't put up more points on the board. I think I'm still venting my frustration that people still saying it's Alex's fault we didn't make it to the Super Bowl.

These elite QBs are human, something Alex isn't allowed to be. I like to point this out, but I think it's just good to note and good to try to see some perspective.

Matt Ryan, Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers, and Tom Brady each faced the Giants. The worst performer was Ryan. All but Alex are considered "elite" QBs. I personally don't think Alex is elite, but I think it's nice to see that among all these QBs listed, our QB has little difference in performance from the best.
just for that, i hope JH is about to unleash a back-to-back title run on the NFL.....and for the hell of it, i hope he inaugurate the Santa Clara stadium with a three-peat

deal with it east coast
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Would've liked to have seen that hail mary be completed. Would've been the greatest catch in Super Bowl history.
This super bowl pissed me off to the max.

lol didn't watch
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What the hell? The Giants fumbled 3 times and never lost the ball!..... That's the same s*** they were doing against us. 2 would be int's where we banged into eachother and an early whistle fumble. They had 3 against us too that didn't result in turnovers. Plus the hail mary against the Packers. Just chuck it up into triple coverage. This is the luckiest playoff run I've ever seen. Losing the ball left and right through the entire playoff run and never turning it over....

Plus throw it into double and triple coverage in every game and luckily not get the interception ever. This might be the luckiest playoff run of all time. But nobody will remember that. They will just remember the Giants won.

It's a joke that he gets SB MVP for scoring 20 points against the 31st-ranked defense when his D held an elite offense to 17 points. Almost as bad as when he got SB MVP for scoring 17 points when his D held the best offense of all time to 14 points.

Eli makes even Brady seem unlucky. If his brother had 1/100th his luck, he'd have 4 Super Bowls.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
just for that, i hope JH is about to unleash a back-to-back title run on the NFL.....and for the hell of it, i hope he inaugurate the Santa Clara stadium with a three-peat

deal with it east coast

If there was praying one of these " " I would have clicked on it.
Originally posted by Psinex:
Agreed. This protection of history is certainly petty. The more years that pass by, the less people will remember the Niners as a great team. I think once John Madden and Pat Summerall retired, that the primary mainstream media torch bearers fell by the wayside. "So many weapons..." This is a new generation of players and fans. And the way this season ended sucks. But I kept saying all season long that Kyle Williams was going to cost us some day with his reckless returns, and sure enough he did, in the championship game. I wish the Niners brass had enough sense to pull him. And cutting Braylon Edwards late in the season was huge. Once Ginn went down, would you have rather had Brett Swain at 100% or Braylon Edwards at 75%?

You kept saying "all season long" that Kyle Williams was going to cost us some day with his reckless returns? That's pretty amazing - since he wasn't retuning them "all season long". Or even for "most" of the season for that matter.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
lmao, Manning classy? Same guy who forced his way to the giants And Coughlin is Hall of Fame of coach according to herm Edwards. If parcells cant get in so why should Coughlin?

yeah I'm not watching that BS, a mediocre team lucked their way into a superbowl and now all the dumbass media people are overrating them to hype people up because it's their job. Meh.

The giants lucked their way into the SB and the patriots didn't right? Sure.

The giants deserved to be ther 10 times more than the pats.

Kyle Williams, 9-7 team, GB recievers dropping passes and Rodgers missing guys, etc. Yeah part of it is their team playing well but part of it is luck. Like the ref giving them back that fumble vs us and blowing the guy down, even though he'd only just been started to be tackled a 1/3 second earlier and wasn't on the ground yet and wasn't really being pulled backwards overly much etc. I feel like that should've been us, it hurts and I don't know why you have a problem with that to be honest.

The only thing I have a problem with is your objectivity, or lack thereof.

Despite bad calls and whatever else, the Giants beat the Falcons, and the Packers and 49ers on the road.

The Patriots beat the Broncos and barely beat the Ravens.

Tell me again, who deserved to be there more?

You want to cite GB playing poorly, which they did, yet conveniently leave out the horrible calls that went against the Giants in that game.

For the record, I despise the Giants and the Patriots. This conversation is centered around which team deserved to be SB Champs the most given the two teams that made it to the SB, deserving or not, and that team is clearly the NY Giants.

b***hing about what could of been, or what should have been, is meaningless and ultimately futile.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
lol didn't watch

lol Same lol
Now we will have to see road to the super bowl and Kyle Williams fumbling 4 million times this offseason
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
montana > brady
walsh > belicheat

f**k the giants

f**k kw

You contradict yourself.

You say f**k the Giants and you root for the Patriots, yet if the Pats won that would mean that Belecheat is better than Walsh, Brady is better than Montana, and the 31st ranked defense is superbowl champions. Is that really what you wanted?

Some of you guys need to see past your own bitterness and realize the big picture. The Giants winning has no historic ramifications related to the 49ers greatness. The Patriots winning would have had plenty, and now that they lost, that s**t can be put to bed forever.

I'm glad the Giants won. To be more accurate I'm glad the Patriots lost.

This, all of it!

This, none of it. Admittedly I am bitter because of the ball bouncing the Giants way. The Giants are good, I'll give em that but luck was following them. Regarding the historical significance of the 49ers. Well I used to worry about that but I'm tired of living in the 80's. Its like all the Bears fans I'm around talking about 85. The 49ers greatness of the 80's will always exist. The discussions will always exist. If someone does it better kudos to them. I've liked Brady since he knocked the Rams greatest show off their pedestal. Heck he grew up a Montana fan and a 49er fan so if anyone was gonna tie Joe, I can live with him.
Originally posted by vaden:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
What the hell? The Giants fumbled 3 times and never lost the ball!..... That's the same s*** they were doing against us. 2 would be int's where we banged into eachother and an early whistle fumble. They had 3 against us too that didn't result in turnovers. Plus the hail mary against the Packers. Just chuck it up into triple coverage. This is the luckiest playoff run I've ever seen. Losing the ball left and right through the entire playoff run and never turning it over....

Plus throw it into double and triple coverage in every game and luckily not get the interception ever. This might be the luckiest playoff run of all time. But nobody will remember that. They will just remember the Giants won.

It's a joke that he gets SB MVP for scoring 20 points against the 31st-ranked defense when his D held an elite offense to 17 points. Almost as bad as when he got SB MVP for scoring 17 points when his D held the best offense of all time to 14 points.

Eli makes even Brady seem unlucky. If his brother had 1/100th his luck, he'd have 4 Super Bowls.

He really is very lucky. I can't believe this playoff run. They should put shamrocks on the helmet instead of the "NY."
Share 49ersWebzone