LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Stafford wins comeback player of the year award

Shop 49ers game tickets
How can you hate on 5,000 yards?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

He looks like he has downs syndrome and has Gym Shorts for his HC, a 49er hating running back, and a stomping conniption fit throwing jackass playing on his defense. I'll hate on anything and everything about the Lions, thank you very much.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

He looks like he has downs syndrome and has Gym Shorts for his HC, a 49er hating running back, and a stomping conniption fit throwing jackass playing on his defense. I'll hate on anything and everything about the Lions, thank you very much.

This, all of it!

I only hate on the coach. Not the whole team

Cool story though, I only hate the whole team

Hard to hate on Megatron, especially after he won me $850 in fantasy!
He deserved it. Good one Matt

Hard to hate on Megatron, especially after he won me $850 in fantasy!

cant hate on him

god character guy and is a superstar

he is the best player in the league now imo
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

This, the lions are the most classless team in the NFL, both NY teams are close
The only guy I like is Calvin Johnson because he's great but he's quiet about it unlikes Suh, Avril, etc
Calvin Johnson helps.

yeah, i think stafford deserved it since hes been MIA pretty much his whole career...

but when stafford launched that ball in the air and Calvin literally turned around and ran back for the ball over 3 defenders and came down with it.. thats when you know you got a bad as receiver

Makes perfect sense for Stafford to win. You don't win comeback player of the year b/c you stunk the year before. Comeback is for guys that were injured or out of the league for whatever reason. That's why Garrison Hearst won the award. Alex Smith would be in the most improved category.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I don't care what anyone says, an average QB doesn't do what Stafford did this year even if he has Megatron.

Seriously. Put Alex on the Lions and he might have 3500 yards and 25 TD's.

Dude is for real.

So give Alex 218 more attempts (the amount Stafford had) and he'd only throw for 350 more yards? Stafford only averaged .5 more yards per attempt than Alex (and was only 1% better in 3rd down conversion rate). He only threw for 5000 yards because he threw more than any QB this season and 3rd most in NFL history.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
dude, a QB can't just win comeback player of the year award for not throwing INT's.. U gotta throw TD's, s**t tons of them.

can't really argue against stafford and the #'s he put him. he had a great year and he was a strong candidate.

but statistics aside, alex still had a solid year, but IMHO he had a lot more to overcome physicaly and mentally than Stafford. but the way the niners finished the season did leave some doubt in the the voters minds.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vaden:
I don't care what anyone says, an average QB doesn't do what Stafford did this year even if he has Megatron.

Dude is for real.

So give Alex 218 more attempts (the amount Stafford had) and he'd only throw for 350 more yards? Stafford only averaged .5 more yards per attempt than Alex (and was only 1% better in 3rd down conversion rate). He only threw for 5000 yards because he threw more than any QB this season and 3rd most in NFL history.

This doe
Originally posted by vaden:

Dude is for real.

if Smith threw 663 times, maintaining his 7.1 YPA and 3.8 TD % and 1.1 INT % he would have

4,707 yards, 25 TD's, 7 INTs.
Share 49ersWebzone