LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

Stafford wins comeback player of the year award

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
ESPN NFL - Lions QB Matthew Stafford wins AP NFL Comeback Player of Year award, gets 21 of 50 votes

Ghey

21/50 votes guess it was close
[ Edited by ImaMod on Feb 4, 2012 at 4:10 PM ]
KW's fault.....the reverberation from that fumble and loss all trickles down to petty stuff like this
he had a monster year after a serious injury, so its hard to say its totally unjustified.

also, the fact is that most people who voted for this thing likely didn't pay attention to the Niners all year, still think Alex Smith is the same player he was his rookie year, and just looked at his stat line to make their final decision.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
he had a monster year after a serious injury, so its hard to say its totally unjustified.

also, the fact is that most people who voted for this thing likely didn't pay attention to the Niners all year, still think Alex Smith is the same player he was his rookie year, and just looked at his stat line to make their final decision.

meh hes very overrated

but I agree with the 2nd paragraph .. gay doe
Damn man. Eddie D, Aldon, and now Alex fall short on the same day.

Everybody knew Stafford would put up big numbers if he stayed healthy. Alex's season came out of nowhere, and was a remarkable career turnaround, which is why I thought he deserved the award.

If you thought Stafford's shoulder injury was bad, take a look at what Alex went through with his. Couple that with multiple benchings, getting thrown under the bus by his coaches, and getting booed off the field throughout the course of his career.

Alex deserved this award.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Damn man. Eddie D, Aldon, and now Alex fall short on the same day.

Everybody knew Stafford would put up big numbers if he stayed healthy. Alex's season came out of nowhere, and was a remarkable career turnaround, which is why I thought he deserved the award.

If you thought Stafford's shoulder injury was bad, take a look at what Alex went through with his. Couple that with multiple benchings, getting thrown under the bus by his coaches, and getting booed off the field throughout the course of his career.

Alex deserved this award.

Exactly..and then he takes a s**t on the field in the 4th quarter vs the Saints in one of the greatest endings in 49ers history

While stafford threw the ball 60 times a game and was one and done in the playoffs.

Alex overcame a lot more than stafford..oh well not a big deal
motivation for next year....harbaugh likes the new chip just placed on Alex's shoulder....
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

meh hes very overrated

but I agree with the 2nd paragraph .. gay doe

i think he's overrated too (for now). just saying i understand the thinking; the award generally does go to a guy coming back from injury, especially lately.
It's a dumb award anyways.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
he deserved to win

5k yards, 41 tds, 97.2 rating is overrated, lmao
Originally posted by RonMexico:
5k yards, 41 tds, 97.2 rating is overrated, lmao

i know right lol
Originally posted by susweel:
he deserved to win

This.

Stafford:
2010 3 games, 535 yards, 6 TD's, 1 INT, then on IR.
2011 16 games, 5038 yards, 41 TD's, 16 INT's.

D'Qwell Jackson got second place, then Alex.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by btthepunk:
he deserved to win

This.

Stafford:

Im all for being a homer and wanted our guys to win awards but you gotta give props when they are due.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
he deserved to win

This.

Stafford:

Im all for being a homer and wanted our guys to win awards but you gotta give props when they are due.

Yep. At least Harbaugh won, that was bigger to me.
Share 49ersWebzone