LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Hypothetically if the 49ers decide not to bring Alex back, what teams would want him?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by vaden:
He'd go to Seattle and haunt us for the next decade.

THAT or Arizona.
Raiders.

they have a hard-on for left-overs
[ Edited by GuessWhosOn3rd on Feb 1, 2012 at 6:22 PM ]
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Raiders.

they have a hard-on for left-overs

They already have a leftover they spent two first round draft picks on.

how would he haunt us for the next decade?

do you think his offensive approach would work against our defense?
Well he did marry a Raiderette
Seattle, Washington, NYJ, Cleveland, Miami, potentially Denver, just off the top of my head. I think some team would end up giving him 50-60 mill. Shanny would probably love to have Alex, he is an athletic and smart QB who would own in Shanny's WCO with all the roll outs. The Seahawks have a good defense with 3 pro bowl DBs, a good RB, pretty good OLine if healthy, some good WRs, and Alex is a lot better than TJax. Alex would also be the perfect QB for the Jets where he can score some points without turning the ball over, unlike Sanchez, and that would help their defense a lot. In the end if 3-4 teams get in the bidding on a QB they usually deal about 50-70 million, just look at the contract Kolb got and he didn't even hit the open market.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

Their offensive approach with a lesser QB almost DID work against our defense this season. They have a good defense too, and a good RB. I'm not sure what you don't understand about that. The 9ers D is very good but it is not some unbeatable wall where you can just plug any QB in to the offense and you will still win games.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Their offensive approach with a lesser QB almost DID work against our defense this season. They have a good defense too, and a good RB. I'm not sure what you don't understand about that. The 9ers D is very good but it is not some unbeatable wall where you can just plug any QB in to the offense and you will still win games.

It did? They scored 34 points combined in two games!!

And just because I am positive you dont know this, that lesser QB has a higher career QBRating than Alex does.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
i could see that. and id laugh my arse off if they took him and he tore it up with a real WR in sidney rice/mike williams, Best TE's they just got. beast mode lynch, and i guess baldwin

Talking up Mike Williams? Are you aware that this year he put up just 236 yards (55 of which came on a trick play) and 1 TD this year?
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

And just because I am positive you dont know this, that lesser QB has a higher career QBRating than Alex does.

Yeah and that was almost enough to beat us in the 2nd match. Their defense is good too. They don't need 25 PPG to win.

btw I don't care about career QB rating, last year one guy had a QBRating of 90 and the other 79. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who is trending up and who is trending down. Seriously, the whole idea that Alex wouldn't improve that team is a joke. Their defense and running game is pretty damn good, plus their recieving corp is better than ours with Rice/Baldwin/Williams. Not to mention if we're completely honest with ourselves at this point Marshawn Lynch is better than Gore.

Washington; Cleveland; Indy (as place holder for Luck) is about all I could see as landing spots as a starter.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Yeah and that was almost enough to beat us in the 2nd match. Their defense is good too. They don't need 25 PPG to win.

btw I don't care about career QB rating, last year one guy had a QBRating of 90 and the other 79. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who is trending up and who is trending down. Seriously, the whole idea that Alex wouldn't improve that team is a joke. Their defense and running game is pretty damn good, plus their recieving corp is better than ours with Rice/Baldwin/Williams. Not to mention if we're completely honest with ourselves at this point Marshawn Lynch is better than Gore.

Excellent points. Take Alex off our team and put him on Seattle's, they could easily win the division next year. That's how he could haunt us. Not by putting up 30 points against our D specifically, but by going to a team that is probably a good QB away from 10+ wins. With their defense Alex would probably only need 17-20 points to beat us, especially with Kaepernick or some journeyman like Orton replacing him.

If they had Alex and we had Tarvaris going into last season, at best we'd be 1-1 against them, perhaps 0-2 even with Ginn's 2 return TDs, because Tarvaris (the guy with the better career QB rating - oh wow!) had 3 turnovers in that game. So just off those two games, they could've closed the gap from 6 games behind to 2 behind. Say bye to the bye, instead travel to New Orleans and our season is over right there.
[ Edited by vaden on Feb 2, 2012 at 5:11 AM ]
Excellent points. Take Alex off our team and put him on Seattle's, they could easily win the division next year. That's how he could haunt us. Not by putting up 30 points against our D specifically, but by going to a team that is probably a good QB away from 10+ wins. With their defense Alex would probably only need 17-20 points to beat us, especially with Kaepernick or some journeyman like Orton replacing him.

If they had Alex and we had Tarvaris going into last season, at best we'd be 1-1 against them, perhaps 0-2 even with Ginn's 2 return TDs, because Tarvaris (the guy with the better career QB rating - oh wow!) had 3 turnovers in that game. So just off those two games, they could've closed the gap from 6 games behind to 2 behind. Say bye to the bye, instead travel to New Orleans and our season is over right there.

Im sorry but the bold is nothing but speculation. I know Seattles D isnt bad, but it certainly isnt nearly as great as ours. Saying Tavaris would have had 3 turnovers if the players were switched is nothing you can prove. Plus, you act as if Alex played 2 good games against Seattle. Just like the majority of our wins, Alex was not the reason we were 2-0 against the Hawks.
Seattle and Cleveland. After he stinks it up, they would throw back in their former QB's. Harbaugh babied him. He would have to throw WAY MORE consistently and you know Alex can throw more picks than TD's if has to throw alot when the score is 0-0

I want what you are smoking. Seattle does not have nowhere the defense we have. So that safe offense crap wont work. Tavaris would get is job back by game 4
Share 49ersWebzone