LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 342 users in the forums

Plaxico Burress

Shop 49ers game tickets
Im pretty positive he signed a 1 year deal with the Jets. I haven't heard many people throw his name out there but I think he is going to be on Balke's radar, behind Bowe and Colston. I think he'd be a pretty good fit that would help our offense a lot, especially in the redzone.
Well at least he's big. But I think he lost a lot with age, injuries, prison time and a bullet to the leg. I don't think he is the same player he once was. Plus he is a total head case. What kind of idiot gets blasted drunk and shoots himself in the leg ending the peak of his NFL career? Think about it....
I agree wih SD. He is a total headcase and I dont think he would be that productive. Bowe would be better. I don't think Colston is going anywhere. We probably are going to sign one FA Wr and draft at least one in the top 4 rounds. Pass on Plax though.
Im pretty sure were gonna get a wr in the draft , remember there are alot of good wr in this years draft . plaxico lost a step, jus like braylon edwards , josh morgan is going to be back , but we need a deep threat and thats were i think bowe would be perfect !!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
his statistics are inflated. For much of the season he was exclusively used on 3rd downs and red zones and truly only had 1 or 2 monster games that doubled his modest stats. At 34, he is not worth it, he wont be able to do what we need him to do on an every down basis.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
braylon edwards the second
He had 612 yards and 8 TD's. We only had 1 WR with more than 241 yds. And he had as many TD's as our entire WR corps combined.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by andes14:
He had 612 yards and 8 TD's. We only had 1 WR with more than 241 yds. And he had as many TD's as our entire WR corps combined.

.....Read my post about how situational he was. His 3 TD game against SD was all exclusively in the redzone.....4 Receptions for 25 total yards and long of 15. Even if you're 34 as long you've got hops you'll come down with the ball. He isn't that good, I'd rather re-sign Braylon then go after Plax.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 29, 2012 at 1:49 PM ]
all the FA wr's make me go yuck, d bowe, u serious? he got talent, but he drops balls, doesnt sell out etc, seems to me hes crabtree except with his break out season, i wanna get our own guys, look at pitt's wr's, all home grown, thats what i envision, not some big contract to a FA wr who will not allow us to keep our own FA's
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Jan 29, 2012 at 2:01 PM ]

Big target in the red and the team needs that. 8 TD's is still 8 TD's and those weren't too regular around here from the WR's. If he comes cheap, I'd take a flyer on him no doubt. He kept his nose clean and was productive for the Jets. He's not a #1 anymore but I doubt he'd expect to be paid like one. As a #2 WR, I'd be all over him at the right price. (no homo)
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Jan 30, 2012 at 12:52 AM ]
The last big unit from the Jets didnt go to well with us.
Rather have this guy. He made Revis look terrible that entire game.

Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by andes14:

.....Read my post about how situational he was. His 3 TD game against SD was all exclusively in the redzone.....4 Receptions for 25 total yards and long of 15. Even if you're 34 as long you've got hops you'll come down with the ball. He isn't that good, I'd rather re-sign Braylon then go after Plax.

Yeah but our problem is in the red zone, not getting up and down the field. Plus Alex is better than Sanchez.
He'd love to run the pistol with Kap
Share 49ersWebzone