LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Where will Peyton Manning Play next year

Shop 49ers game tickets

Where will Peyton Manning Play next year

Originally posted by mike:
We have a fantastic o-line? Alex got sacked 44 times, Peyton rarely gets sacked much more than 20. I can't name many teams with a great o-line/overall team that don't already have a pretty decent quarterback. Other than the colts.

colts have a pretty bad offensive line. What prevents those sacks is Peyton's presnap reads and directions as well as his ability to get rid of the ball as fast as anyone I've seen
cfl
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
he still wants one more ring so i think he will go somewhere with a fantastic O-line, a power running game, and just an overall good team.

49ers fit that description but its a very farfetched idea

Trust me he will be back for one more run
We have a fantastic o-line? Alex got sacked 44 times, Peyton rarely gets sacked much more than 20. I can't name many teams with a great o-line/overall team that don't already have a pretty decent quarterback. Other than the colts.

our O-line got way better towards the end of the year. Of course a O-line with two new starters and with a short offseason and a new offensive scheme is guna struggle. And they are going to be way better next year so yes i expect our O-line to be fantastic
i'd say the jets, but he's probably doneski
Redskins would make sense, beefy offensive line, good running game, a couple decent receivers, aggressive defense. Peyton makes them a playoff team next year.

Cardinals also make sense, especially if they don't pick up Kolb's option. Fitzgerald, so-so OL, good defense, the downside would be facing aggressive attacking defenses across the NFC West 6 times a year.
49ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by krizay:
My gut says.... he gets released. Then he signs with the Texans. Which makes Texans instantly a favorite in the AFC. He'd get to compete for Superbowl and also get to play Indy twice a year.

Schaub has only been healthy 2 out of 5 years with the Texans. He gets released and signs with Bucs.

Josh Freeman to Jax or ST. Loius as backup.

Talk about a pipe dream scenario.

I think the Houston thing might come into fruition because he would face the colts twice a year and HOU>IND as is....so why not

yup, can you imagine Manning throwing to Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels? Frikkin insane. He'd also have Arian Foster in the back field. Part of me thinks he'll retire.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
He will retire before he goes to a different team, and the colt will most likely let him go.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
49ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!
Thanks, but NO thanks. QB is not their weakness, Alex (with the help of Harbaugh) proved it by taking them 13-3, and well into the playoffs. It's the WR core that needs the upgrade.
1. Peyton is one hit away from being out permanently. I don't want them to mortgate their future for 1 player, especially one who has not even thrown 1 pass in the 49ers offense.
2. Who's offense will it be, Peyton's or Harbaugh? Peyton will need to learn it, and get it. Or will he try to reconfigure a successful 49ers team to HIS way? NOT. Harbaugh won't allow that.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Thanks, but NO thanks. QB is not their weakness, Alex (with the help of Harbaugh) proved it by taking them 13-3, and well into the playoffs. It's the WR core that needs the upgrade.
1. Peyton is one hit away from being out permanently. I don't want them to mortgate their future for 1 player, especially one who has not even thrown 1 pass in the 49ers offense.
2. Who's offense will it be, Peyton's or Harbaugh? Peyton will need to learn it, and get it. Or will he try to reconfigure a successful 49ers team to HIS way? NOT. Harbaugh won't allow that.

alex did not take this team to 13-3. the defense did.

i would hardly call the 49er offense "successful", the defense and special teams, yes successful.

Originally posted by jason330i:

i would hardly call the 49er offense "successful", the defense and special teams, yes successful.

Alex had to make the plays to win the games in Philly, Detroit, and Seattle. Plus, the Saints game... are you kidding me?

I agree that our offense wasn't GREAT, but a 13-3 team is a 13-3 TEAM.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Minnesota him and Singletary will own the film room
Nowhere. He will retire from football. The rehab is not going well.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Alex had to make the plays to win the games in Philly, Detroit, and Seattle. Plus, the Saints game... are you kidding me?

dont u know alex held us back from being 16-0?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

dont u know alex held us back from being 16-0?
Share 49ersWebzone