LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

With the 49ers eliminated, are you still going to watch the Superbowl?

Shop 49ers game tickets

With the 49ers eliminated, are you still going to watch the Superbowl?

I feel like it's a damn rerun of 2007 Superbowl. Two teams I could care less for...

I need to stay away from football for a minute
I doubt it, my b-day is feb 7th, I was looking forward to a niners SB win, I feel sick right now
Yes, because it's the Super Bowl, the biggest American Holiday outside of Christmas, Thanksgiving and July 4th.

And I'll be rooting for the Patriots, because I hate the Giants more, and I'd rather have Brady get his 4th ring before seeing Eli get his 2nd, or the Giants franchise get to 4 Super Bowl wins.
this is the first time i'm gonna have a hard time watching.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Hell yes I am.
Originally posted by captveg:
Yes, because it's the Super Bowl, the biggest American Holiday outside of Christmas, Thanksgiving and July 4th.

And I'll be rooting for the Patriots, because I hate the Giants more, and I'd rather have Brady get his 4th ring before seeing Eli get his 2nd, or the Giants franchise get to 4 Super Bowl wins.

but if Brady gets his 4th ring, they will say he's better than Joe Montana!!!
Another one of these threads? The answer is hell no. I don't give a s**t about being a "true football fan" or whatever the hell that is. I'm a 49ers fan, and I couldn't care less about two teams that don't deserve to be there.
f**k NO
Originally posted by ads_2006:
f**k NO

This.
No way, not a chance. I dont wanna hear all the media BS about Brady's revenge game vs. Manning. I dont wanna deal with the media parade for either team winning the superbowl because you know the East Coast bias is a comin' for both of them. I dont wanna realize how forgotten our team will be to the media and have our team be dismissed as a "team who had a good season, but is a QB away from pushing it to the next level" or whatever ignorant crap they have to say about our team they know nothing about. I dont wanna see Brady win his 4th ring and start being compared to Montana, and more likely than not, theyre gonna say Brady was better, and I definitely dont wanna see Eli win another ring and have more than his brother. Peyton is 5x the QB Eli will ever be, and I think Peyton is far more deserving.

Niners should be there, and I think its gonna be to hard to watch this year knowing my team should be playing.

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by captveg:

but if Brady gets his 4th ring, they will say he's better than Joe Montana!!!

And he'd be worthy of being in that conversation. No shame in that, IMO. Both great, great players.
or course I will

bunch of butt-hurt fans
Yes, but I don't care.
Meh. I don't really care at this point.
Don't let Brady vs. Montana bother you.........if the man himself downplays the comparisons, that's all that needs to be said. Plus, Brady has an "L" on his resume that Joe never did. Brady would have to win 5 or 6 for the comparison to be legitimately made.

I think a Patriots blowout of the Giants (if it's possible) would be the best medicine a lot of us could use right now. Like someone said, let this be a repeat of '83.

The one thing about the Giants winning superbowls is their ego going through the roof, and what could be two consecutive 3 road win paths to the superbowl. Gotta shut that down.

We couldn't get it done, but not impossible for the Patriots to do it. Patriots fans would be content and happy beating us, but they will feel rejuvenated and elated by beating the Giants. Just imagine how Bilichick and Brady feel right now.
Share 49ersWebzone