There are 153 users in the forums

Steelers sign QB Troy Smith

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Camp competition for Dennis Dixon?

In other news he was arrested last month in Cleveland.

No. Dixon and Charlie Batch will both be gone next season. Batch was a friend of Arians and with Arians gone they have no real reason to retain Batch. QB DC will be

Big Ben - Leftwich/Troy and they also signed former Texas A&M QB Jerrod Johnson to a futures contract so he'll probably be on the practice squad next year or maybe they'll cut Leftwich or Troy if that kid looks good enough.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Camp competition for Dennis Dixon?

In other news he was arrested last month in Cleveland.

No. Dixon and Charlie Batch will both be gone next season. Batch was a friend of Arians and with Arians gone they have no real reason to retain Batch. QB DC will be

Big Ben - Leftwich/Troy and they also signed former Texas A&M QB Jerrod Johnson to a futures contract so he'll probably be on the practice squad next year or maybe they'll cut Leftwich or Troy if that kid looks good enough.

This, except I think Dixon stays and Leftwich goes.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
lol hes a scrub

Look at his stats he has Tim Tebow numbers, without the rushing yards Cant believe Sing let this scrub play of Alex
  • Paul
  • Veteran
where is Dixon going to be going? I'm glad for him though, deserves another chance. Pitt I think will be a different looking team next year
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
where is Dixon going to be going? I'm glad for him though, deserves another chance. Pitt I think will be a different looking team next year

Dixon will sign with any team with QB question marks. Staying in Pitt would only make sense if he had a shot at regaining the #2.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
lol hes a scrub

Look at his stats he has Tim Tebow numbers, without the rushing yards Cant believe Sing let this scrub play of Alex

1 for 13 on 3rd downs. 14 for 97 during the season. Alex is the scrub. Without that powerful defense, we would have been 6-10 easy. The Defense kept us in every game even though we had sucky 3rd downs and redzone conversions.
Originally posted by 305Niner:
lol hes a scrub

1 for 13 on 3rd downs. 14 for 97 during the season. Alex is the scrub. Without that powerful defense, we would have been 6-10 easy. The Defense kept us in every game even though we had sucky 3rd downs and redzone conversions.

14 for 97 on 3rd down conversions?! Link please?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
lol hes a scrub

he cant provide a link cause ther eisnt 1...14 third down conversions would mean the niners converted less than 1 third down a game
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
lol hes a scrub

he cant provide a link cause ther eisnt 1...14 third down conversions would mean the niners converted less than 1 third down a game

Maybe he means pass completions?!?

In reality we were actually 65/221 or 29.4%.....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/type/team/name/sf/san-francisco-49ers
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Happy for him. I think he got a raw deal in San Francisco.

He got far more playing time than he deserved. He was horrible and a stain on our franchise, but I do thank him dearly for keeping us out of the playoffs and thus getting Singletary fired.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vaden:

He got far more playing time than he deserved. He was horrible and a stain on our franchise, but I do thank him dearly for keeping us out of the playoffs and thus getting Singletary fired.

I think that's a little much there isn't it? He made the best of his playing time, just wasn't a long term fit here. He did throw for 356 vs the Rams
Originally posted by Paul:

I think that's a little much there isn't it? He made the best of his playing time, just wasn't a long term fit here. He did throw for 356 vs the Rams

And threw us out of the playoffs
  • vaden
  • Veteran
He didn't remotely "make the best" of his playing time. He was terrible. 6 fumbles in 6 games. He started out ok, barely beating 2 bad teams, 1 at home and 1 at a neutral site, and after that defenses adjusted and he never had a game with a QB rating above 64.4, completing 45% of his passes with 4 TD/3 INT. His last game was some of the worst QBing I've ever seen, and then he got to stay in the game for three more drives after yelling at Singletary. As I said, an embarrassment and stain on our franchise of great QBs.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
He didn't remotely "make the best" of his playing time. He was terrible. 6 fumbles in 6 games. He started out ok, barely beating 2 bad teams, 1 at home and 1 at a neutral site, and after that defenses adjusted and he never had a game with a QB rating above 64.4, completing 45% of his passes with 4 TD/3 INT. His last game was some of the worst QBing I've ever seen, and then he got to stay in the game for three more drives after yelling at Singletary. As I said, an embarrassment and stain on our franchise of great QBs.

I see where this is going.....
Troy smith was just lucky, and once his luck ran out, he got figured out faster than tebow, and looked worse while doing it.
Share 49erswebzone