There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Steelers sign QB Troy Smith

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Camp competition for Dennis Dixon?

In other news he was arrested last month in Cleveland.

No. Dixon and Charlie Batch will both be gone next season. Batch was a friend of Arians and with Arians gone they have no real reason to retain Batch. QB DC will be

Big Ben - Leftwich/Troy and they also signed former Texas A&M QB Jerrod Johnson to a futures contract so he'll probably be on the practice squad next year or maybe they'll cut Leftwich or Troy if that kid looks good enough.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Camp competition for Dennis Dixon?

In other news he was arrested last month in Cleveland.

No. Dixon and Charlie Batch will both be gone next season. Batch was a friend of Arians and with Arians gone they have no real reason to retain Batch. QB DC will be

Big Ben - Leftwich/Troy and they also signed former Texas A&M QB Jerrod Johnson to a futures contract so he'll probably be on the practice squad next year or maybe they'll cut Leftwich or Troy if that kid looks good enough.

This, except I think Dixon stays and Leftwich goes.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
lol hes a scrub

Look at his stats he has Tim Tebow numbers, without the rushing yards Cant believe Sing let this scrub play of Alex
  • Paul
  • Veteran
where is Dixon going to be going? I'm glad for him though, deserves another chance. Pitt I think will be a different looking team next year
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
where is Dixon going to be going? I'm glad for him though, deserves another chance. Pitt I think will be a different looking team next year

Dixon will sign with any team with QB question marks. Staying in Pitt would only make sense if he had a shot at regaining the #2.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
lol hes a scrub

Look at his stats he has Tim Tebow numbers, without the rushing yards Cant believe Sing let this scrub play of Alex

1 for 13 on 3rd downs. 14 for 97 during the season. Alex is the scrub. Without that powerful defense, we would have been 6-10 easy. The Defense kept us in every game even though we had sucky 3rd downs and redzone conversions.
Originally posted by 305Niner:
lol hes a scrub

1 for 13 on 3rd downs. 14 for 97 during the season. Alex is the scrub. Without that powerful defense, we would have been 6-10 easy. The Defense kept us in every game even though we had sucky 3rd downs and redzone conversions.

14 for 97 on 3rd down conversions?! Link please?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
lol hes a scrub

he cant provide a link cause ther eisnt 1...14 third down conversions would mean the niners converted less than 1 third down a game
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
lol hes a scrub

he cant provide a link cause ther eisnt 1...14 third down conversions would mean the niners converted less than 1 third down a game

Maybe he means pass completions?!?

In reality we were actually 65/221 or 29.4%.....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/type/team/name/sf/san-francisco-49ers
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Happy for him. I think he got a raw deal in San Francisco.

He got far more playing time than he deserved. He was horrible and a stain on our franchise, but I do thank him dearly for keeping us out of the playoffs and thus getting Singletary fired.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vaden:

He got far more playing time than he deserved. He was horrible and a stain on our franchise, but I do thank him dearly for keeping us out of the playoffs and thus getting Singletary fired.

I think that's a little much there isn't it? He made the best of his playing time, just wasn't a long term fit here. He did throw for 356 vs the Rams
Originally posted by Paul:

I think that's a little much there isn't it? He made the best of his playing time, just wasn't a long term fit here. He did throw for 356 vs the Rams

And threw us out of the playoffs
  • vaden
  • Veteran
He didn't remotely "make the best" of his playing time. He was terrible. 6 fumbles in 6 games. He started out ok, barely beating 2 bad teams, 1 at home and 1 at a neutral site, and after that defenses adjusted and he never had a game with a QB rating above 64.4, completing 45% of his passes with 4 TD/3 INT. His last game was some of the worst QBing I've ever seen, and then he got to stay in the game for three more drives after yelling at Singletary. As I said, an embarrassment and stain on our franchise of great QBs.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
He didn't remotely "make the best" of his playing time. He was terrible. 6 fumbles in 6 games. He started out ok, barely beating 2 bad teams, 1 at home and 1 at a neutral site, and after that defenses adjusted and he never had a game with a QB rating above 64.4, completing 45% of his passes with 4 TD/3 INT. His last game was some of the worst QBing I've ever seen, and then he got to stay in the game for three more drives after yelling at Singletary. As I said, an embarrassment and stain on our franchise of great QBs.

I see where this is going.....
Troy smith was just lucky, and once his luck ran out, he got figured out faster than tebow, and looked worse while doing it.