There are 165 users in the forums

***AFC Championship*** Ravens @ Pats

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by HessianDud:
fine by me, I think they'd be an easier matchup for us in some ways--plus it would be pretty badass for Alex to beat 3 former Super Bowl MVPs on his way to ring #1.

YES!
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Didn't see an official thread.

I don't understand how Pats are favored by 9 when the only playoff team they beat are the broncos?

Have you noticed the odd odds? Vegas totally cashed in on the Saints/Niners game by only giving the Niners 4 points, was it. Most of the Nation probably bet on the Saints and lost. Now, they may get a lot of people picking the Pats solely on the Pats reputation but Vegas will win when the Ravens cover. I don't know, these odds don't look normal compared to how they looked throughout the regular season.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for Godsleftsock.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ravens gonna win. Pats won't be able to stop Ray Rice, won't be able to score at will against that defense. probably be a close game but the Pats are very overrated IMO.

my boy Tom Brady will smash the Ravens but will lose to us in the SUper Bowl

patriots havent beaten a team above 8-8 all season

Well, broncos made it to 9-8
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ravens gonna win. Pats won't be able to stop Ray Rice, won't be able to score at will against that defense. probably be a close game but the Pats are very overrated IMO.

my boy Tom Brady will smash the Ravens but will lose to us in the SUper Bowl

patriots havent beaten a team above 8-8 all season

Well, broncos made it to 9-8
i want the 49ers to be known as the QB Eliminator
Super HarBowl Please!
Go Ravens! HarBowl!
Patriots - 50

Ravens - 7
Should be a good game. I think it all comes down to how the Ravens offense starts out cold or hot.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I confused about something. The Steelers D was ranked #1 in yards and they allowed the same amount of points during the regular season as the niners. The Patriots had the 2nd worst defense and one of the worst of all time along with the Packers.

How did Tebow beat the Steelers but not the Patriots with such a huge discrepancy???

points > yards
NE is 15th in points allowed and only allows 19 per game at home, which includes 3 late TDs by the Colts in garbage time. No team scored more than 24 against them at home. They held SD to 21, Dallas to 16, NYG to 24. Their talent is lacking but they still have one of the game's greatest defensive minds, and one who respects his opponents, unlike the Steelers, who challenged Tebow to throw deep despite the fact that he was great at it in college.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Baltimore faced one good offense all year (SD) and got slaughtered, absolutely annihilated. The 34 points allowed doesn't even tell how bad it was. SD didn't punt once, had zero pressure on Rivers. He killed them with lightning quick passes, just as Brady will do. Granted, that was Ray Lewis' first game back and he was terrible, but even a month later against Houston, he didn't look very good. Their run defense and pass rush has been a shadow of its former self lately.

I think NE wins easily, even if Flacco plays well, which I doubt.

I hate to even think this, but if the Niners are to lose in the SB i can stomach it better if its the Ravens. Anyone with me here?
  • vaden
  • Veteran
^ Definitely, because that would prevent another SB for Brady & Belichick, and gain one for the Harbaugh family, with the added satisfaction of a defensive team winning the SB despite the media fawning over passing offenses all season long.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I dont think flacco is good enough but I also haven't witnessed the defense.
Go Ravens
Ravens will win.
But, assuming we make the SB, i hope NE wins.

I feel like they would be a lot easier to beat than Baltimore.
Plus the whole Brother vs. Brother thing is gonna be a HUGE distraction.
No matter how focused the teams say they are, it will be in the back of their minds.

Hoping for NE, thinking Baltimore. Defense wins in the playoffs. And thats why we'll smash the Giants
Share 49ersWebzone