LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

Ben Roethlisberger has a high ankle sprain

Shop 49ers game tickets
Want him to play. Want our D to rape him.
I smell blood!
If it really is a high ankle sprain, he probably isn't going to play.

I can't remember the last time someone with that injury came back the next week. They shot him up with painkillers and he somehow gutted it out but the pain and swelling are going to kick in today. I doubt he can even get a shoe on.
  • dj43
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I want him to play

I want him to play too. It will be a good measuring stick going into the playoffs. I don't read too much into the Ravens game. I knew traveling to the east coast on 3 days or so was a scheduled loss vs. a good team. This will tell us more IMO.

Agree. The 49ers need a game against a high quality opponent before the playoffs. The Steelers minus Big Ben are not very potent. Their defense is still good so the result might be a 9-6 game - a battle of field position won by kickers, but that will go a long way toward getting ready for the playoffs.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he'll play. no doubt in my mind.
Don't curr. Just want the win and the first round bye.
Great news for the 9ers. He may not be able to play when they face eachother. Then again, he is one of the tougest mofo's to play the game. But its nice to know that he will have trouble moving around if he plays.
I'm on the fence.. we need that bye and the home field advantage but I really thought we could beat them with a healthy Big Ben. 1st time we played them since 07 and they beat us bad in Pittsburgh. 1st time at home since 03... really think with a rare MNF game (recently) and the home crowd we could beat them with him 100% healthy. I'd like a great test but I want that 2nd seed.
He will play. If he was able to come back in and play last night he'll definitely be able to play with 10 days of rest.
Originally posted by English:

Turnabout is fair play!

Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by English:

Turnabout is fair play!

LMAO
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Don't curr. Just want the win and the first round bye.

this
Eric_Branch Eric Branch

RT @gerrydulac: Ben Roethlisberger and C Maurkice Pouncey have high-ankle sprains that have been described as "not good" after MRIs.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Eric_Branch Eric Branch

RT @gerrydulac: Ben Roethlisberger and C Maurkice Pouncey have high-ankle sprains that have been described as "not good" after MRIs.

10 days to rest, that fat ass will play, don't know about Pouncey though.
gerrydulac Gerry Dulac

The good news: Neither injury to Ben and Pouncey was determined to be a Grade 3 sprain – the most severe kind of ankle sprain.
Share 49ersWebzone