There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Head Coach Firing TRACKER

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Spagnuolo and Nolan are the top 2 Candidates for the Falcons DC position.

Hmm...I thought Spagnuolo was a lock to go back to the Eagles as their DC. I guess he's considering other options. I actually like him as a coach, not as our HC, but wouldn't be against hiring him on defensive staff if a position opens up in off-season. But I'm sure he'll be hired long before then.

Also, thought Nolan would be a consideration for HC in Miami, guess no GM/Owner wants to take a chance on that after seeing how he handled the job with SF.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by PTulini:
@AdamSchefter: Jaguars defensive coordinator Mel Tucker turned down an offer from the Minnesota Vikings to remain in Jacksonville as the DC.

@AdamSchefter: Jacksonville plans to hire former Falcons QB coach Bob Bratkowski as its offensive coordinator, reuniting him with HC Mike Mularkey.

Nice staff he is hiring, I actually think the jags defense isnt bad at all. They need to just add a CB or 2, since Rashean Mathis is a FA and 32 yrs old and pretty much garbage.

Plus they need to build around gabbert, if he is there QB of the Future, so get a WR or 2 to go with Mike Thomas.

There needs IMO: DE, CB, WR and S

I just did a 4 round mock for my site, and I have them taking;

1(7th)- DE Quinton Coples
2(38th)- CB Josh Robinson
3(71st)- CB Casey Hayward
4(101st)- WR Ryan Broyles

then they could add a S like Tony Dye in 5th and beyong rounds.

@JasonLaCanfora: With Russ Grimm's contract expiring in AZ, worth noting his deep ties to new Jags coach Mike Mularkey. Cards would like to keep him, too
Nolan a top candidate for the Saints DC position, if Gregg Williams goes to STL.
Nolan a top candidate for the Saints DC position, if Gregg Williams goes to STL.

Play their cards right and they can have Singletary as well.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

They'd have to redo their defensive personnel, but at least they would have Rogers and Franklin. Not sure how Will Smith would do dropping back into coverage or playing standing up.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

They'd have to redo their defensive personnel, but at least they would have Rogers and Franklin. Not sure how Will Smith would do dropping back into coverage or playing standing up.

Agreed. For those reasons, it seems as though Nolan isn't a good fit.
Fire Harbaugh and start all over. I wonder what is Jimmy Raye is up to now and days?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

There are a lot of good 4-3 DC's out there or potential ones, why go the Nolan route?? unless of course Sean Payton does want to transition to the 3-4 after the ass whoopin our defense gave him.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

There are a lot of good 4-3 DC's out there or potential ones, why go the Nolan route?? unless of course Sean Payton does want to transition to the 3-4 after the ass whoopin our defense gave him.

In addition to Will Smith, you have Sedrick Ellis and Johnathan Vilma who are not good fits for the 3-4 defense. And they don't really have any DE/OLB types on the roster. That's 4-5 starting positions to fill in one offseason.

I wonder if the Vikings are still interested in possibly converting to a 3-4 defense. Jared Allen as a DE/OLB, opposite of Brian Robison. They can sign Franklin in free agency for the NT, slide Kevin Williams to DE, and start one of the younger guys on the other side. Beef up the secondary, and you will have a much improved D.
@AdamSchefter: Jeff Fisher and Brian Schottenheimer met until about 10:45pm ET and will meet again Monday. No offer of OC job was made yet but one likely.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
@AdamSchefter: Jeff Fisher and Brian Schottenheimer met until about 10:45pm ET and will meet again Monday. No offer of OC job was made yet but one likely.

NFL.com's Mike Lombardi reports that the Rams have offered Brian Schottnheimer their offensive coordinator position, and Schottenheimer "will accept the position."

NFL.com's Mike Lombardi reports that the Rams have offered Brian Schottnheimer their offensive coordinator position, and Schottenheimer "will accept the position."

Fisher will get Whiz fired next year
Harbs gets Pete fired the following year
Originally posted by jreff22:

Fisher will get Whiz fired next year
Harbs gets Pete fired the following year

and i hope we lock down Jim for the rest of his life
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Raiders received permission today to interview both Broncos coordinators, DC Dennis Allen and OC Mike McCoy, for their HC vacancy.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Raiders received permission today to interview both Broncos coordinators, DC Dennis Allen and OC Mike McCoy, for their HC vacancy.

LOL, why in the world is the Donkey's OC getting HC interviews? LOL.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home