There are 214 users in the forums

CB Philip Adams & OLB Bruce Davis released

Shop 49ers game tickets
By New England and Cincinnati, respectively, per KFFL. Don't know if Adams still has PS eligibility or not. Some webzoners, incl me, liked Adams, but he was a numbers-game late cut by Harbaugh in the short TC. Insofar as Davis is concerned, Ahmad Brooks has NO back-up at WILL, and Davis could rush the passer a little at UCLA. Davis' stop with the Niners was a short one, without much od a look, as Singletary was about out the door.
[ Edited by jimbagg on Nov 29, 2011 at 4:58 PM ]
I had high hopes for Adams. Too bad he got injured.

Davis is probably going to have hone his niche as a (situational) speed rusher.
Wouldn't mind signing Adams back. Looks like he is finally healthy again
Im surprised Adams was cut by the Patriots, I thought he was doing well. Even had a pick.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Im surprised Adams was cut by the Patriots, I thought he was doing well. Even had a pick.

Yup pretty surprising. I liked Adams if it wasn't for his injury he would have been solid
I thought Adams looked pretty solid with his short time with us, but after watching him take on a starting role on the Pats defense made me realize Baalke and Harbaugh knew what they were doing when they cut him. He was flat out horrible. QB's attacked him frequently knowing he was a huge weakness and he gets beaten almost every time. He also seemed lost when on the field and IIRC had mutliple penalties in the last few weeks
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Scrubs
Originally posted by Sf49ers220:
I thought Adams looked pretty solid with his short time with us, but after watching him take on a starting role on the Pats defense made me realize Baalke and Harbaugh knew what they were doing when they cut him. He was flat out horrible. QB's attacked him frequently knowing he was a huge weakness and he gets beaten almost every time. He also seemed lost when on the field and IIRC had mutliple penalties in the last few weeks

Maybe it was part of the patriots "cover who" defense. (they can't stop the pass to save their life) maybe on a different team in a diff scheme, adams might return to the promise he started to show here.
You know you're pretty awful when the Patriots(who desperately need secondary help) give your ass the boot. Adams is another guy who had flashes but long-term couldn't hack it in this league.
I actually dont think we should make any roster moves. The only one I would even consider is Jason Hill, but then again, we hardly use more than 2 WR formation, usually have our two TEs out there with 1 RB and 2 WR or 1WR and 1FB.

Share 49ersWebzone