LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

Who do you really want to win on Thanksgiving: Lions vs. Packers

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who do you really want to win on Thanksgiving: Lions vs. Packers

Lions in a shootout...Rodgers is my fantasy qb and Megatron is one of my wr's....do not want a defensive battle here.
I kind of wanna go to lambeau field in the NFC championship game and stomp an undefeated packers team into the tundra :)
I was a fan of the Lion's (mainly Megatron and Suh) until Swartz acted like a little baby with his post-handshake tantrum. Now I want to see that team lose every game just so Swartz can keep up his wining!

Still like Calvin Johnson and Suh as individual players -- wish we had CJ, and I don't think Suh is dirty, I like his mean streak on the field. I like it when we have a player like that!! Lott, Gogan, Haley -- loved those guys.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I don't want the 49ers to go to Lambeau in the play-offs, so I am rooting for Detroit.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
no brainer. We want detroit to win.
Originally posted by thedude:
Lions in a shootout...Rodgers is my fantasy qb and Megatron is one of my wr's....do not want a defensive battle here.

I don't think a defensive battle is in store for this one. Should be plenty of points for many fantasy players
Lions, homefield advantage ftw
Lions. Better chance at the number one seed if the pack lose!
Well since I bet on the Packers I'm rooting for the them lol
lions, HANDS DOWN!! f**k the packers and all this their unbeatable bs, i swear theyre talked about as if they have no flaws

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I will NEVER root for the Packers. I hate them more than any other team in the entire league aside from Dallas -- where it's a tie. Barring an extremely rare exception, like a team other than the 49ers playing for their 6th ring or later, before we get ours, I will NEVER root for them. EVER.

Aside from all that, I kind of have an outside affinity for the Lions. Jim Schwartz being a baby doesn't make me like the Lions less, just Jim Schwartz. I like a lot of the players on that team, it's not their fault their coach overreacted. The Lions team plays tough, nasty football. If our team had a "dirty" label, none of us would care.

On top of all this, anyone who is 49ers fan should be rooting for Detroit to win this game, because Green Bay losing would put us in 1st place in the NFC.

Good call, OTC. Rooting for the Packers just isn't an option. So, Jim Schwartz was a baby about "the handshake". Their fans could use a nice boost on Thanksgiving for a change.........................and it would make us the #1 seed if we win as well.
  • dj43
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
I kind of wanna go to lambeau field in the NFC championship game and stomp an undefeated packers team into the tundra :)

As much as I would like to see the game in SF, this ^^^ would be sweet. Still, I want the Lions to win.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
I want the Packer to win only because I can't stand those pompous a*****e Lions.
MY BRO'S A DIE HARD PACKER FAN! I WANT THE 49ERS TO BE THE FIRST TEAM TO BEAT THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS.

SO U KNOW WHERE IM LEANING.
I want the Packers to lose every single one of their remaining games. why on earth would any 49ers fan be hoping the Packers win? If the Packers keep winning we dont get a shot at home field for the entire playoffs. I think we have a chance no matter where we play GB, but im a heck of alot more confident in hosting them.
Share 49ersWebzone