LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Who do you really want to win on Thanksgiving: Lions vs. Packers

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who do you really want to win on Thanksgiving: Lions vs. Packers

I want the lions to win but I want Jim S and Suh to be involved in some sort of freak accident during the game. There will come a time when Suh twists an ankle or something that keeps him on the ground and I hope the opposing players stand over him and laugh at him.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
You guys who talk about wanting to go to Green Bay and beating them to prove something DO realize you are not the ones on the field, right? The players will want the home crowd on their side. What player in their right mind would prefer going to someone else's stadium for one of the most important playoff games in a hostile environment instead of staying at home and having the fans cheer for you?
Originally posted by Ether:
You guys who talk about wanting to go to Green Bay and beating them to prove something DO realize you are not the ones on the field, right?

Whaaaaat? You mean they won't let us play? Dayum. OK well in that case.....
Go Lions!
Go Lions!
Originally posted by susweel:
packers

For once, I will agree with sus. I f**king hate the Loins and their arrogant asses and their troll of a coach, not to mention I have to listen to Loins fans drone on and on about how awesome they are. f**k them!

Originally posted by Janitor:
I want the Packer to win only because I can't stand those pompous a*****e Lions.

This!
[ Edited by horsecore on Nov 24, 2011 at 10:23 AM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
lol Nickelback? really, who's idea was that lol?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I will NEVER root for the Packers. I hate them more than any other team in the entire league aside from Dallas -- where it's a tie. Barring an extremely rare exception, like a team other than the 49ers playing for their 6th ring or later, before we get ours, I will NEVER root for them. EVER.

Aside from all that, I kind of have an outside affinity for the Lions. Jim Schwartz being a baby doesn't make me like the Lions less, just Jim Schwartz. I like a lot of the players on that team, it's not their fault their coach overreacted. The Lions team plays tough, nasty football. If our team had a "dirty" label, none of us would care.

On top of all this, anyone who is 49ers fan should be rooting for Detroit to win this game, because Green Bay losing would put us in 1st place in the NFC.

Good call, OTC. Rooting for the Packers just isn't an option. So, Jim Schwartz was a baby about "the handshake". Their fans could use a nice boost on Thanksgiving for a change.........................and it would make us the #1 seed if we win as well.

The biggest point I'd like to continue to point out is the bolded. A lot of people say the same thing about us -- that we're arrogant fans. Newsflash -- every fanbase is going to have a lot of arrogant fans when they're doing well. You didn't hear a peep from them when they sucked, and rightfully so. That means they're really not that arrogant.

On the other hand, Cowboys fans think their team is hot you-know-what no matter how TERRIBLE they are. THAT is true arrogance and just another reason to LOATHE the Cowboys above all others. But the Lions? Come on. No one talked about them being "arrogant" until this year and the handshake....
Originally posted by valrod33:
Lions, then I want them to lose the rest of their games

+1
Originally posted by HearstFan:
I was a fan of the Lion's (mainly Megatron and Suh) until Swartz acted like a little baby with his post-handshake tantrum. Now I want to see that team lose every game just so Swartz can keep up his wining!

Still like Calvin Johnson and Suh as individual players -- wish we had CJ, and I don't think Suh is dirty, I like his mean streak on the field. I like it when we have a player like that!! Lott, Gogan, Haley -- loved those guys.

Okay - I have to take part of this back. Suh acted like an *ss today. Not a fan of him now.

Ha, Ha - The Lions played just like their cry baby coach today. Although I would have like to see the Packers get the key loss.

I hope the 49ers play like their coach today - smart, tough, relentless.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Ether:
You guys who talk about wanting to go to Green Bay and beating them to prove something DO realize you are not the ones on the field, right?

Whaaaaat? You mean they won't let us play? Dayum. OK well in that case.....

Yes, ignore the rest of my post and comment on the very first sentence that acts as only a lead to my point.
Share 49ersWebzone