LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Broncos waive Kyle Orton

Shop 49ers game tickets
If Orton was cut anytime before week 3 or maybe 4 I would want Orton in SF. I wouldn't have minded Orton coming to SF now as a back up and give Smith actual competition again next year for the starting job while CK continues to develop.
[ Edited by fister30 on Nov 23, 2011 at 2:34 PM ]
Originally posted by fister30:
If Orton was cut anytime before week 3 or maybe 4 I would want Orton in SF. I wouldn't have minded Orton coming to SF now as a back up and give Smith actual competition again next year for the starting job while CK continues to develop.

That'd be a case where the backup makes more than the starter (Orton almost $9 million, Smith less than $5 million.) Instant QB controversy.
Originally posted by fastforward:

That'd be a case where the backup makes more than the starter (Orton almost $9 million, Smith less than $5 million.) Instant QB controversy.

I'm not heart broken over orton. I'm heart broken over Palmer.
Let's.........oh wait....it's not 2010
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mike:

But I think the Chiefs will get him. At 4-6 in their division their season is not completely lost(2 behind the raiders) and after already losing Jamaal Charles they need a half decent passing game to win games. With a guy like Bowe catching passes it wouldn't take much for someone to go in and be successful there.
Called it.

Lol.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Alex Smith is WAY better then Orton on his best day.
Going to be an interesting final week of the season when Orton returns to Invesco for the final game of the season. Don't think either team will be fighing for a playoff spot at the time, but weirder things have happened.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Yeah, playing like he is right now I'd much rather have smith. Although I can't believe I'm saying that since I was rooting for trading for orton during the short offseason. I was never necessarily a smith hater, just figured smith himself would want to move on and the feeling would be mutual. It really is a miracle that smith has lasted through all those crappy coordinators.
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Yeah, playing like he is right now I'd much rather have smith. Although I can't believe I'm saying that since I was rooting for trading for orton during the short offseason. I was never necessarily a smith hater, just figured smith himself would want to move on and the feeling would be mutual. It really is a miracle that smith has lasted through all those crappy coordinators.

Dude is tough.
Share 49ersWebzone