LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Broncos waive Kyle Orton

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's hard to see anyone picking him up off waivers with an $8.8 million dollar salary. After clearing waivers, it's anyone's guess as to where he goes. If it's just a deal for this season only that he is primarily look for/being offered, then ANY team becomes an option. If it's more than that, then you have to think he's looking at a contender.

Current options include:
Colts - he's obviously better than Painter. Painter can't get it done with Wayne, Garcon, Clark, etc. .. Not good.
Chiefs - Palko will be lucky to win a game right now with Cassel done.
Texans - If Leinart stinks it up, the Texans won't want to keep going with a guy that will jeopardize their division title chance.
Bears - Obvious choice based on former connection with the club. However, if Hanie does great, there will be no need for Orton.

My pick if I'm Orton: If not the Texans (should make the playoffs easily with Andre back), then the Chiefs. Why? Because technically they still have a chance at the division title. Orton is probably as not as efficient as Cassell, but they're not too far apart in overall ability. If he signs there is able to lead them to a playoff berth, he'll be praised and could get a new contract to compete as a starter elsewhere. Orton would have a LOT to work with in Kansas City -- Dwayne Bowe, Breaston, Jon Baldwin among others.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 22, 2011 at 4:40 PM ]
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
So how many zone members still want him?

Susweel.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
So how many zone members still want him?

Susweel.

Yes sign him asap and cut Alex.
Originally posted by susweel:

You really try hard to maintain your reputation, don't you?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fastforward:

I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
Originally posted by fastforward:

I always tell the truth, even when I lie.

Oye chico
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's hard to see anyone picking him up off waivers with an $8.8 million dollar salary. After clearing waivers, it's anyone's guess as to where he goes. If it's just a deal for this season only that he is primarily look for/being offered, then ANY team becomes an option. If it's more than that, then you have to think he's looking at a contender.

Current options include:
Colts - he's obviously better than Painter. Painter can't get it done with Wayne, Garcon, Clark, etc. .. Not good.
Texans - If Leinart stinks it up, the Texans won't want to keep going with a guy that will jeopardize their division title chance.
Bears - Obvious choice based on former connection with the club. However, if Hanie does great, there will be no need for Orton.

My pick if I'm Orton: If not the Texans (should make the playoffs easily with Andre back), then the Chiefs. Why? Because technically they still have a chance at the division title. Orton is probably as not as efficient as Cassell, but they're not too far apart in overall ability. If he signs there is able to lead them to a playoff berth, he'll be praised and could get a new contract to compete as a starter elsewhere. Orton would have a LOT to work with in Kansas City -- Dwayne Bowe, Breaston, Jon Baldwin among others.

I agree that KC is his best fit. If I were KC I would risk a waiver claim on him (don't think they have to pay his full salary), and if no one does, and I'm Orton, I do what I can to get to KC. He knows the division, they have a legit shot at a playoff spot, and it would be a fairly mutually beneficial situation.

I actually think Palko did alright, all things considered, but its unlikely they can stay in that race with him, and its a very winnable division.
The Texans should be interested. Orton isn't Matt Schaub but he is a huge step over Matt Leinart.
Redskins should sign him, he would immediately put them back in the nfc east race.
I really don't want to type it but what if alex got hurt??? ill take or ton over kappernik anyway

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Current options include:

Actually now that I think about it, Colts should sign Orton.

Cut or trade manning
draft luck
have orton as vet qb on roster
??
profit.
whoa

If he goes to the Dolphins, the fins get a Non Luck high draft , .....whoa.
he's going to the texans or back to the bears
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7269812/sources-chicago-bears-put-claim-qb-kyle-orton
Share 49ersWebzone