Not a member? Register Now!

Broncos waive Kyle Orton

DEN/CHI in Cahoots i tell ya !!!
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Maybe he reunites with the Bears since Cutler is out

Houston makes more sense, Leinart is garbage

PLUS! he'll have a good RB in Foster and AJ coming back this week and Owen Daniels.
Originally posted by VDSF:

PLUS! he'll have a good RB in Foster and AJ coming back this week and Owen Daniels.

Miami makes the most sense for him longterm and they tried trading for him already. sign him let him play the year out, still can draft a QB next year and let him sit behind Orton
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VDSF:

Miami makes the most sense for him longterm and they tried trading for him already. sign him let him play the year out, still can draft a QB next year and let him sit behind Orton

Wow. You would think they could have at least gotten a late round pick from the Bears for him. Crazy.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Wow. You would think they could have at least gotten a late round pick from the Bears for him. Crazy.

Trade Deadline passed.
Matt Moore is playing fine and the Dolphins are on a good streak. Doubt they bring in Orton now.

Leinart has been with the team and knows the offense. That team is too close to being a contender to bring in some dude off the street at the last minute. They'll sink or swim with Leinart handing off to Tate and Foster.

The Colts are in full blown suck for luck mode. Why risk Orton playing better than Painter?

The Bears staff knows Orton and in theory could integrate him quickly into the scheme. Hanie played ok in the NFCCG though, so maybe they have some faith there.

I think the Bears will try to get him, but I wouldn't be surprised if KC goes after him, too. He knows the division, and while maybe one game in Foxboro isn't enough to judge Palko on, I don't think anyone feels confident that Palko has what it takes to keep that team afloat in a very winnable AFC West.
I want him to go to the Bears jsut for the fact that the Broncos and Bears play in couple of weeks. Orton vs Tebow
I want him to go to the Bears jsut for the fact that the Broncos and Bears play in couple of weeks. Orton vs Tebow

that's why the Chiefs should grab him. Orton vs Tebow for the division championship!!!
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Trade Deadline passed.

Well.. duh. I should have known that. THanks.
Originally posted by thedude:
Indy would be wise to grab him...that is, if they wanted to win any games.

Why?

Matt Moore is doing well. There is no reason to abandon him for a guy who has not been a winner.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
f**king morons should have traded him when they had the chance

Elway has probably been kicking and screaming against Tebow starting until it's too late. (Not that I disagree with his doubting Tebow being the answer for the Broncos.)
Originally posted by fastforward:

Matt Moore is doing well. There is no reason to abandon him for a guy who has not been a winner.
and Matt Moore has?
and Matt Moore has?

The point wasn't about Matt Moore. There is nothing for the Dolphins to gain this season by getting Orton, and assuming the rest of his $8 million contract this season.