• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
I think Harbaugh will win and all of the other guys will get votes

Harbaugh
Lewis
McCarthy
Fox

I think Andy Dalton is more deserving of Rookie of the Year than Lewis is deserving of HC of the Year.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Did Billichek get coach of the year with the pats, and Shula with the Dolphins in those years? I don't remember

Yes, Belichick in 2007 and Shula in 1972.
No matter what happens it should be Harbaugh, without being biased. If Packers go undefeated it's a great accomplishment but not an amazing victory for a coach that already had a superbowl winning team. With Fox in Denver, the thing that looks bad to me is that they are doing great now that the D has stepped up and Tebow is doing his thing, but at the beginning of the year, Fox didn't want to play Tebow. He didn't think he was ready and Orton was the guy. It's a good rebound on Fox's part but he made the wrong call at first. It would go further with me if he had gone with Tebow from the get-go. The bengals have done this song and dance before. Have a bad year, think that Lewis is going to lose his job and then pull a miracle season to save it. They already had their head coach in place and we beat them on their turf.

2nd best record in the NFL and everyone laughed at us and said we would pick 1st in the draft... or suck for Luck. No training camps, giving the playbook to an unsigned Alex, turning Alex into a QB, top ranked D, breaking records every week. THIS ISN'T EVEN CLOSE!
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
No matter what happens it should be Harbaugh, without being biased. If Packers go undefeated it's a great accomplishment but not an amazing victory for a coach that already had a superbowl winning team. With Fox in Denver, the thing that looks bad to me is that they are doing great now that the D has stepped up and Tebow is doing his thing, but at the beginning of the year, Fox didn't want to play Tebow. He didn't think he was ready and Orton was the guy. It's a good rebound on Fox's part but he made the wrong call at first. It would go further with me if he had gone with Tebow from the get-go. The bengals have done this song and dance before. Have a bad year, think that Lewis is going to lose his job and then pull a miracle season to save it. They already had their head coach in place and we beat them on their turf.

2nd best record in the NFL and everyone laughed at us and said we would pick 1st in the draft... or suck for Luck. No training camps, giving the playbook to an unsigned Alex, turning Alex into a QB, top ranked D, breaking records every week. THIS ISN'T EVEN CLOSE!

Can anyone list at least 5 things that truly constitutes a "coach of the year". Or is it just based on team season record? lol
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by King49er:
Right now...

1)McCarthy
2)Harbawesome
3)M.Lewis
4)G.Kubiak

Just because McCarthy has a great team doesnt mean hes coach of the year. It means he has the best QB in football making him look good.

Jim Harbaugh took over a 6-10 team, had to install a new playbook during a lockout, and had a small handful of weeks to prepare for being an NFL HC for the first time through these issues. the fact that were 8-1 against a tough schedule is MUCH more impressive than McCarthy being 8-0.

Tell that to the voters, you think I actually believe that he's the COY?? Because he's NOT. Clearly Jim Harbaugh is the COY and should get it, but all voters aren't Niner fans from the zone and will look at the 16-0 record and run with that.

I was just being realistic
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
...and it is not like he had nothing to work with. His team is the Super Bowl champion AND got a ton of players back from injuries.

I think Harbs is the better "feel good" story and gets the nod.

No, he shakes hands and backslaps to hard, and throws challenge flags that annoy the refs and coaches, did I forget anything?
  • buck
  • Veteran
I believe that Harbaugh should get coach of the year.

His coaching has been absolutely essential to the rise of the 49ers.
That is to say his coaching has had the biggest impact in the NFL.

But, the bottom line is I am an unabashed homer.
Tell that to the voters, you think I actually believe that he's the COY?? Because he's NOT. Clearly Jim Harbaugh is the COY and should get it, but all voters aren't Niner fans from the zone and will look at the 16-0 record and run with that.

Realistically voters who aren't niner fans don't associate the Packers record with McCarthy. They associate it with Rodgers.

Doubt if Harbaugh gets coach of the year. It would be an insult to Nolan and Singletary who put together the team. All kidding aside, those two likely have friends who will be anti 9ers.
Originally posted by Niner3030:

Realistically voters who aren't niner fans don't associate the Packers record with McCarthy. They associate it with Rodgers.

They didn't seem to have that problem when it came time to vote for Belichick and Shula when they went undefeated though... just sayin
Right now...

1)McCarthy
2)Harbawesome
3)M.Lewis
4)G.Kubiak

What has Mccarthy done? He has a great team. A great coach takes a little and makes it a lot. Mccarthy takes incredible and keeps it very good. Hardly remarkable. Harbaughs team was 6 - 10 last year. The same guys. With his coaching they are making an incredible run.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Right now...

1)McCarthy
2)Harbawesome
3)M.Lewis
4)G.Kubiak

What has Mccarthy done? He has a great team. A great coach takes a little and makes it a lot. Mccarthy takes incredible and keeps it very good. Hardly remarkable. Harbaughs team was 6 - 10 last year. The same guys. With his coaching they are making an incredible run.

lol that was like 4-5 weeks ago when I said it. I only based on the presumption that McCarthy would be the frontrunner because of Bellicheat and Shula winning COY when they had undefeated teams.

I assumed this would be the case as well, but it's really hard to argue at this point that Harbaugh is easily the COY, but I'm worried voters will get caught up in the 16-0 hype but praying that's not the case.
Share 49ersWebzone