The Coach of the Year thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by King49er:
Right now...

1)McCarthy
2)Harbawesome
3)M.Lewis
4)G.Kubiak

Just because McCarthy has a great team doesnt mean hes coach of the year. It means he has the best QB in football making him look good.

Jim Harbaugh took over a 6-10 team, had to install a new playbook during a lockout, and had a small handful of weeks to prepare for being an NFL HC for the first time through these issues. the fact that were 8-1 against a tough schedule is MUCH more impressive than McCarthy being 8-0.
After beating the Giants and if we continue to win (permitting 2-3 losses) Harbaugh hands down will win coach of the year
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I think at this moment, it's Harbaugh vs John Fox. Harbaugh was the runaway winner until 3 weeks ago, but if the Broncos win the rest of their games and the division, I actually think he might take the prize.
I'd wait till the end of the season to see the body of work of a coach. G. Bay's coach does merit consideration, especially if they win the SB cause it is hard in these times to repeat with FA. Plus if they indeed do go undefeated (incldes SB) which will be a first since the league went to a 16 game season.
Originally posted by WildBill:
I'd wait till the end of the season to see the body of work of a coach. G. Bay's coach does merit consideration, especially if they win the SB cause it is hard in these times to repeat with FA. Plus if they indeed do go undefeated (incldes SB) which will be a first since the league went to a 16 game season.

I think the awards are announced before the super bowl and I think voting ends at the end of the regular season
If the pack go 16-0 McCarthy deserves the award that's a HUGE feat in the the NFL today. And those who say he isn't a good coach come on man open your eyes he's a great coach. There's a reason he has been crazy successful. And he had a big impact on Arods development
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
If the pack go 16-0 McCarthy deserves the award that's a HUGE feat in the the NFL today. And those who say he isn't a good coach come on man open your eyes he's a great coach. There's a reason he has been crazy successful. And he had a big impact on Arods development

Meh, 16-0 has already been done.
Harbaugh deserves it hands down. First year headcoach, had no training camp, salvaged Alex Smith's career, won the NFC West when the last one came 9 years ago, currently has the second best record in the league, etc. If he doesn't win, it'll be an absolute joke.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:48 AM ]
I think its more Rodgers being the MVP rather than McCarthy being COY. Take Rodgers out and you have a mediocre team.

This.
Undefeated team gets coach of the year. Any other year, Harbaugh is the man.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Undefeated team gets coach of the year. Any other year, Harbaugh is the man.

Did Billichek get coach of the year with the pats, and Shula with the Dolphins in those years? I don't remember
Originally posted by valrod33:

But not 16 +SB, Packers must be stopped, it should be the niners legacy to go 19-0 first
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

...and it is not like he had nothing to work with. His team is the Super Bowl champion AND got a ton of players back from injuries.

I think Harbs is the better "feel good" story and gets the nod.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
if mccarthy goes undefeated, he may get the nod

This.

• DJD
  • Veteran
Bronco's HC John Fox is in the discussion now I understand due to his success with turning the O on it's head mid-season to accommodate Tebow and immediately start winning.
Share 49ersWebzone