There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Manning farfetched, but a possibility

Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Trade manning, get a high first or 2nd, and get luck... sounds win win to me.

Manning pay would blow the roof off many teams' cap.

Anyteam that gets manning after he gets cut will give him a huge incentive contract, if he is traded I bet the team will try to renegotiate the contract first.
I think they renegotiate the contract.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Assuming he's healthy, with no significant risk of reinjury, I'd be all for getting Manning IF we can also get a decent OL. No QB that immobile could succeed with our scrubs blocking for him, giving him 2.1 seconds to throw. And that's why Manning would never come here.
Peyton won't work for the guy he replaced, lol.
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
Who thinks that this exact team with Manning wouldn't win the Super Bowl... This guy is worth 10 to 12 wins to the Colts who have no D and no run game... you put him on this current team and we would go back to back with a chance at a 3peat ... THE TIME IS NOW! All this talk about the cap and to expensive... who cares I don't pay the bills I look at it this way if we get him we go from 5 to 7 or 8 Super Bowls before he retires and this franchise would be hands down the best in NFL history ..... THATS WHAT COUNTS!!!!! If he's availible give up a 1st for him and whatever else it takes... the neck will be fine and he's got 3 to 4 elite seasons left in him.

PIPE!!!! But im down with this...
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
Originally posted by iceberg450r:
Who thinks that this exact team with Manning wouldn't win the Super Bowl... This guy is worth 10 to 12 wins to the Colts who have no D and no run game... you put him on this current team and we would go back to back with a chance at a 3peat ... THE TIME IS NOW! All this talk about the cap and to expensive... who cares I don't pay the bills I look at it this way if we get him we go from 5 to 7 or 8 Super Bowls before he retires and this franchise would be hands down the best in NFL history ..... THATS WHAT COUNTS!!!!! If he's availible give up a 1st for him and whatever else it takes... the neck will be fine and he's got 3 to 4 elite seasons left in him.

PIPE!!!! But im down with this...

I feel the same way.
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
It's not that crazy IMO after watching this video.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8250ec41/Irsay-People-assume-a-lot-of-things

The Colts are almost a lock for the #1 pick. The colts owner talks about getting Peyton's heir apparent in place.
The a**hole la confora made some good points Peyton wants to win now, they are 0 - 16 they lack talent star players are likely leaving.
He thinks Peyton will be traded on draft day if the colts get andrew luck. Let's assume he does get traded what teams will Peyton want to go to?

Eliminated teams that already have a Franchise QB/paid a lot of money to a QB
Arizona - Kolb, Atlanta - Ryan, Buffalo - Fitzpatrick, Chicago - Cutler, Cowboys - Romo, Green Bay - Rodgers, Houston - Schaub, Kansas CIty - Cassel,
New England - Brady, New Orleans - Brees, New York Giants - Manning, Oakland - Palmer, Philadelphia - Vick, Pittsburg - Roethlisberger, San Diego - Rivers.

Eliminated teams that already started building around young qb's that are doing well or are top pick rookies
Baltimore - Flacco, Carolina - Newton, Cincinnati - Dalton, Detroit - Stafford, Jacksonville - Gabbert, Minnesota - Ponder, New York Jets - Sanchez,
St.Louis - Bradford, Tampa Bay - Freeman, Tennessee - (both departments) Hasselbeck/Locker,

That only leaves 7 teams left:
Cleveland - coach that selected McCoy already fired, Denver - Tebowmania can't last forever, Miami - solid but they just fired their Head Coach,
San Francisco - seems to be only a good passing team away from contending for the Lombardi, Seattle - didn't break the bank on Jackson, Washington.

If Manning wants a chance to win now, we have the best record of these 7 teams and really the best formula, Denver is the only other team with a shot at the playoffs but they have an inconsistent formula of winning that only works if Tebow is playing. Thoughts?
Originally posted by EdEs:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8250ec41/Irsay-People-assume-a-lot-of-things

The Colts are almost a lock for the #1 pick. The colts owner talks about getting Peyton's heir apparent in place.
The a**hole la confora made some good points Peyton wants to win now, they are 0 - 16 they lack talent star players are likely leaving.
He thinks Peyton will be traded on draft day if the colts get andrew luck. Let's assume he does get traded what teams will Peyton want to go to?

Arizona - Kolb, Atlanta - Ryan, Buffalo - Fitzpatrick, Chicago - Cutler, Cowboys - Romo, Green Bay - Rodgers, Houston - Schaub, Kansas CIty - Cassel,
New England - Brady, New Orleans - Brees, New York Giants - Manning, Oakland - Palmer, Philadelphia - Vick, Pittsburg - Roethlisberger, San Diego - Rivers.

Eliminated teams that already started building around young qb's that are doing well or are top pick rookies
Baltimore - Flacco, Carolina - Newton, Cincinnati - Dalton, Detroit - Stafford, Jacksonville - Gabbert, Minnesota - Ponder, New York Jets - Sanchez,
St.Louis - Bradford, Tampa Bay - Freeman, Tennessee - (both departments) Hasselbeck/Locker,

Cleveland - coach that selected McCoy already fired, Denver - Tebowmania can't last forever, Miami - solid but they just fired their Head Coach,
San Francisco - seems to be only a good passing team away from contending for the Lombardi, Seattle - didn't break the bank on Jackson, Washington.

If Manning wants a chance to win now, we have the best record of these 7 teams and really the best formula, Denver is the only other team with a shot at the playoffs but they have an inconsistent formula of winning that only works if Tebow is playing. Thoughts?

Out of the 7 teams you posted, denver probably has the best Oline, manning would want to be protected. I think manning would pull a hasselbeck and say our oline and WR's suck, and not want to come here.
the colts will not let him go next season. If anything, 2 seasons from now.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
the colts will not let him go next season. If anything, 2 seasons from now.

they said that about joe montana and brett favre to
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by EdEs:

Out of the 7 teams you posted, denver probably has the best Oline, manning would want to be protected. I think manning would pull a hasselbeck and say our oline and WR's suck, and not want to come here.
do you see who manning's wrs are/were?? there is no doubt in my mind if manning was throwing to ours they would have career yrs because manning will throw them open and throw the ball in tight windows. but once manning sees our s**t oline he will probably pass, we gotta find olinemen who can get the job done and convince him that were an elite qb away from winning a sb or more
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/12339/the-possible-destinations-for-one-peyton-manning

I agree with his assesment. Not sure that Luck and Manning can't coexist for atleast a season or two, but it's fun to speculate.

Oh and I apologize in advance to those who believe Alex will lead us to multiple Super Bowls.
Originally posted by LateNightAction:
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/12339/the-possible-destinations-for-one-peyton-manning

I agree with his assesment. Not sure that Luck and Manning can't coexist for atleast a season or two, but it's fun to speculate.

Oh and I apologize in advance to those who believe Alex will lead us to multiple Super Bowls.
A QB coming off neck surgery behind our O line
Peyton Manning with Michael Crabtree, and Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker and Kyle Williams, and Josh Morgan