LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Manning farfetched, but a possibility

Shop 49ers game tickets
With manning gone it frees up the colts to use some of his salary to help fill holes. They need more help then just Manning.
Decent thread, however i find it hard to believe the 49ers would be in the running to get a player like Payton on the decline. (Neck injury at that) ..
Im sure there are other teams that would trade half the team for a player like Payton.
Alex Smith has been doing a decent job (ofcourse he is no Payton) but if the Niners go deep into the playoffs why would we break bank on a player like Payton? it would just go to show we could upgrade the position (if Alex is not the answer) with someone else with more of a future.
Possible Suitors for Payton
Dallas Cowboys
Washington Redskins
2 owners who will throw tons of money for a player of his caliber .. more so Jerry Jones who knows all he is missing is a Elite QB.
Payton would have a running game, 3 Quality WR's ready to go.

Just my 2 cents.
-DW
I am tired of all this manning and luck talk with the colts.
Is Manning a west coast offense type of guy?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

manning can run whatever offense, but the thing is he isnt very mobile.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

manning can run whatever offense, but the thing is he isnt very mobile.

Oh I agree, the question I was really asking is "would manning want to be in a west coast offense?"
Trade manning, get a high first or 2nd, and get luck... sounds win win to me.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Trade manning, get a high first or 2nd, and get luck... sounds win win to me.

Manning pay would blow the roof off many teams' cap.
Who thinks that this exact team with Manning wouldn't win the Super Bowl... This guy is worth 10 to 12 wins to the Colts who have no D and no run game... you put him on this current team and we would go back to back with a chance at a 3peat ... THE TIME IS NOW! All this talk about the cap and to expensive... who cares I don't pay the bills I look at it this way if we get him we go from 5 to 7 or 8 Super Bowls before he retires and this franchise would be hands down the best in NFL history ..... THATS WHAT COUNTS!!!!! If he's availible give up a 1st for him and whatever else it takes... the neck will be fine and he's got 3 to 4 elite seasons left in him.
[ Edited by iceberg450r on Dec 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I am tired of all this manning and luck talk with the colts.

what whitey said

If Manning became I niner I will go ape s**t!! You never know what can happen.
Madden striked again
Not.

Going.

To.

Happen.

Originally posted by King49er:
Madden striked again

Originally posted by King49er:
Madden striked again

Peyton Hillis?
Share 49ersWebzone