LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Any chance we bring Lloyd back?

Shop 49ers game tickets
no, going to Tennessee
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
Lloyd and Crabs in the same lockerroom? The estrogen levels would go through the roof.

Does he block, no so yea, no would also be my answer.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
don't want, lol.
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
NOOOOOOOOOO

Why NOOOOO? that is foolish!!! we need a WR and he is more mature than he was then! a 5th is pretty cheap price. I hear that the Bills are trying to get Reggie Wayne for a 4th. I would also look into that. I mean... why not? I don't want T.O., Housh or any of those collecting dust!!! makes plenty of sense considering we now have a 73.4 pct chance of winning the division and with good depth and if Rodgers, Brees, Calvin were to get hurt we could make a deep playoff run!!! :) just sayin'
Originally posted by baltien:
Lloyd and Crabs in the same lockerroom? The estrogen levels would go through the roof.

Originally posted by stunder49:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I'm pretty sure I remember watching this
[ Edited by Magzarillious on Oct 14, 2011 at 6:19 AM ]
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fricker:
id welcome him back for a 5th.. We are kind of hurt right now and honestly after his catch this past weekend .. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-countdowns/09000d5d822ff224/Week-5-Top-5-catches thats one thing he has always done is make spiderman like catches.. But if its the old him dont depend on him to get out of bounds when the game is on the line and we need the clock stopped!

Hahahahaha, wasn't that against the Rams? The pain of a decade.
You know Lloyd had a great year last year. But he is disappearing in games right now. I think he is a system guy. He clearly excelled at what his last coach wanted him to do. But good recievers don't dissapear in games. Seriously he had one catch last week. 1. He remains an enigma to me. Not worth it.
As I recall he wanted to be a rapper, somehow he's transformed. If a receiver can't block I don't think the 49ers would sign him.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by VA49er:
You know Lloyd had a great year last year. But he is disappearing in games right now. I think he is a system guy. He clearly excelled at what his last coach wanted him to do. But good recievers don't dissapear in games. Seriously he had one catch last week. 1. He remains an enigma to me. Not worth it.

This. He's way too up and down. Not interested.

• MarkD
  • Veteran
Hell yeh. I thought he was a great receiver from day one. I also think that when he saw how T.Owens acted when he was in San Fran it ruined his work ethic and attitude. I remember stories of Owens not practicing and taking naps during practice and Lloyd following his example. Anyone remember his catch against the Seahawks from Jeff Garcia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q31BRc3RgyE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VcqJJ4HcSQ
I would offer a 5th for him ...

He is a solid veteran receiver and would give us great depth and another target for Alex ..by grabbing him it would make us more wide open on offense and create more space for the other receivers.

a 5th might be a steep price for a one year rental, but it would give us another weapon to make a serious run at the playoffs, we could be a serious contender and Lloyd could thrive in Harbaughs system.

I'm all for bringing him back, more talent at receiver is never a bad thing
No way. Crappy attitude. We still need to work on crabtree. Crabtree's body language is horrid. Especially when he breaks the huddle.

Crabtree reminds me of a Chris webber
The thought of Lloyd returning crossed my mind too.. Denver traded Marshall and kept Lloyd because of his play making ability.

That video of him ducking a pass makes it hard to say yes bring him back.......
Not a chance.

Unlike Owens who had his best years here. I'd be willing to bet coming back to SF would be one of his last choices, also, he is no where near physical enough in the run game for Harbaugh/Roman
Share 49ersWebzone