There are 133 users in the forums

Any chance we bring Lloyd back?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by stunder49:

This!
Don't think there is any shot of it happening. With our injuries at WR and that we don't know what we will really get out of BE this year, I wouldn't be against it.

But I don't think he fits Harbs idea of what he wants out of a WR, nor do I think we would be willing to give up more than some other teams to get him.

Given that, it's a HUGE longshot.

He would be a nice stop gap to add depth at WR though. Even if he's half what he was last year, he's a much better WR2 than Ginn, Williams, Swain or anyone on the PS.
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by VA49er:
You know Lloyd had a great year last year. But he is disappearing in games right now. I think he is a system guy. He clearly excelled at what his last coach wanted him to do. But good recievers don't dissapear in games. Seriously he had one catch last week. 1. He remains an enigma to me. Not worth it.

This. He's way too up and down. Not interested.

This times two, though I think some of his lack of production this year may be partially due to QB play and playcalling. However, he is a highlight reel all by his lonesome. Some of his catches almost defy physics. Very entertaining to watch.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
He's a great WR and always has been. People can discount him all they want but he's a natural and has become a great route runner as well. That said, I don't think he fits our offense but if he can be had for cheap, I got no problems.

he fits the same way a Ginn would..except he isn't as fast and has better hands..oh and no special teams. I wouldn't mind having him...but I wouldn't break the bank for him and I won't cry if we don't.

I would almost prefer to pick him up in the off season than now.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Oct 14, 2011 at 10:58 AM ]
IF EDWARDS DOESNT RETURN, THEN WAT??????? BACK TO AN UNDERACHIEVING CRABTREE, GINN, AND MORGAN....I THINK NOT, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WAT HE WOULD DO FOR THE RUN GAME, AND EVEN BIGGER FOR DELANIE AND VERNON...WE DONT HAVE TO HAVE ALL THE DRAFT PICKS ANYMORE, WISE UP WE CAN NOW START TO TAKE THE BEST PLAYERS AVAILABLE......NO REASON TO NOT TAKE HIM EVEN FOR A 3RD
Originally posted by baltien:
Lloyd and Crabs in the same lockerroom? The estrogen levels would go through the roof.

but i bet they would collaborate on a dope rap album.

personally, if the asking price was right...
Originally posted by JPREZ2XXL:
IF EDWARDS DOESNT RETURN, THEN WAT??????? BACK TO AN UNDERACHIEVING CRABTREE, GINN, AND MORGAN....I THINK NOT, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WAT HE WOULD DO FOR THE RUN GAME, AND EVEN BIGGER FOR DELANIE AND VERNON...WE DONT HAVE TO HAVE ALL THE DRAFT PICKS ANYMORE, WISE UP WE CAN NOW START TO TAKE THE BEST PLAYERS AVAILABLE......NO REASON TO NOT TAKE HIM EVEN FOR A 3RD

IF LLOYD DOESNT RETURN THEN WHAT? WE DIDNT GIVE UP ANYTHING FOR EDWARDS SO IF HE LEAVES THEN HE LEAVES. IF WE TRADE FOR LLOYD AN HE DECIDES TO SIGN SOMEWHERE ELSE NOT ONLY DID WE LOSE LLOYD BUT WE ALSO LOST THE DRAFT PICK OR PICKS WE TRADED FOR HIM.

NO TO LLOYD
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Don't think there is any shot of it happening. With our injuries at WR and that we don't know what we will really get out of BE this year, I wouldn't be against it.

But I don't think he fits Harbs idea of what he wants out of a WR, nor do I think we would be willing to give up more than some other teams to get him.

Given that, it's a HUGE longshot.

He would be a nice stop gap to add depth at WR though. Even if he's half what he was last year, he's a much better WR2 than Ginn, Williams, Swain or anyone on the PS.

PREACH
Originally posted by JPREZ2XXL:

If you think you need to use the caps lock function to get your point across please refrain from attempting to get your point across.

I'd assume much like myself, most others here, didn't even bother to read that nonsense. It was probably a pointless statement anyways.
I hope not!

If bringing him in made us a serious contender, I would do it.

However we are the same team with or without him. I say no. We are a young team and don't need to bring in a 30 year old WR.
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
RT @zacharywgreen do you think #49ers would consider bringing Brandon Lloyd back for a mid-round pick? > No way, no how.
F**k No thanks!! Lloyd is bad effect our team because he is mess up our team!! he is not worth a person!! i don't want trade him our team.. no way.. no Thanks!! I don't want him as Niners our team... please!!!
Broncos receiving interest from the Patriots and Rams (have McDaniels who improved Lloyd's #s last year in Denver)
what happened in less than a year?

Is he a cancer?
Share 49ersWebzone