There are 168 users in the forums

Why is everyone (ESPN - analysts/commentators) riding the Detriot Lions' nuts?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
who named him Megatron ?

valrod
Originally posted by 76Razor:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

who named him Megatron ?

when roy williams was there. i believe he dubbed himself optimus prime and calvin as megaton.
That's hilarious. One guy giving himself and another a nickname but only the other guys' stuck.
Detroit isn't on the east coast or considered east coast. not sure why folks are saying east coast bias.
Good let them.........I like how some media are still keeping us down by not saying much which is good......i love the underdog role....
roy williams called calvin johnson megatron because of calvin johnson's large hands (via wiki).

wow it is crazy that detroit went 6-0 in 1956 by beating 9ers.....
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/det/1956.htm
[ Edited by ninersush on Oct 11, 2011 at 1:44 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Detroit isn't on the east coast or considered east coast. not sure why folks are saying east coast bias.

They are on the eastern part of the continent and on top of that, they are near other football cities. MI is nearly adjacent to NY. Not sure what you are talking about. Anything on the West side of the Mississippi gets over looked for the most part.
Let's see... top 5 in scoring offense, top 10 in passing yards per game, 4th in the league in points given up per game... one of the top rated QBs in the league... one of the best D-lines in the league, probably the best WR in the game right now... oh yeah and they are 5-0. I'm confused... what's the issue? If the 9ers are able to expose any of what the analysts/commentators are saying by beating the Lions this week; great, but until then, and furthermore if the 9ers can't beat the Lions, then they deserve as much if not more praise than the Packers. We all expected the Packers to be great...

Let me say this... if the 9ers beat the Lions this week I would make the argument that they should be rated one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the league. If the Lions beat the 9ers, then there is no question... they, and Greenbay (assuming they stay undefeated) are the top dogs in the NFL.
Originally posted by Micky6:
Let's see... top 5 in scoring offense, top 10 in passing yards per game, 4th in the league in points given up per game... one of the top rated QBs in the league... one of the best D-lines in the league, probably the best WR in the game right now... oh yeah and they are 5-0. I'm confused... what's the issue? If the 9ers are able to expose any of what the analysts/commentators are saying by beating the Lions this week; great, but until then, and furthermore if the 9ers can't beat the Lions, then they deserve as much if not more praise than the Packers. We all expected the Packers to be great...

Let me say this... if the 9ers beat the Lions this week I would make the argument that they should be rated one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the league. If the Lions beat the 9ers, then there is no question... they, and Greenbay (assuming they stay undefeated) are the top dogs in the NFL.
Micky6!! where have you been these past few years? great to hear from you!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
They haven't been this good since 1956.

Also, in 1956 they became 6-0 by beating the 9ers at Kezar

what are the odds of this, crazy

Wow! 56 years for a payback. Lovin' it!

And BTW, the Lions deserve it more than we do in terms of overall ineptitude for so many years including the history making 0-16. Yea, they deserve it.
the have won 9 on a row!! that pretty good if u ask me!!!

i like the lions and after going 5-0 they really deserve it. their fans have been through hell and back
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
They are on the eastern part of the continent and on top of that, they are near other football cities. MI is nearly adjacent to NY. Not sure what you are talking about. Anything on the West side of the Mississippi gets over looked for the most part.

You guys and your west coast inferiority complex. Detroit is no more east coast than Texas. Last I checked Dallas got more hype than anyone and they aren't any good. It's the midwest. There are more regions than east and west coast. They are getting coverage because they are really good.
Because, Detroit has been a perennial LOSER and is this year's version of a Cinderella team. On top of their freaking beast front 4- D-line.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by Joecool:

You guys and your west coast inferiority complex. Detroit is no more east coast than Texas. Last I checked Dallas got more hype than anyone and they aren't any good. It's the midwest. There are more regions than east and west coast. They are getting coverage because they are really good.
I see you are probably heavily emphasizing "coast" in this statement. DET, longitudinally, is lined up with Florida, not TEX.

And TEX...you mean the state that is known for football, lives, breathes and dies for football? That state? Not exactly the same as Missouri.
don't worry, they will be 5-1 soon, let the media semer down.
Share 49ersWebzone