There are 209 users in the forums

Why is everyone (ESPN - analysts/commentators) riding the Detriot Lions' nuts?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NickSh49:

who named him Megatron ?
Detroit is a great story if you ask me, all the mediocrity they were put through and how they've been able to turn it around by finally getting the right picks in the first round (Stafford, Megatron, Best, Suh) is remarkable, they're 5-0 and have been balling since pre-season, we didn't have a breakout game til last week, let them live their moment, what matters is that we a chance to take them down on Sunday
Yawn, I hope they're ready to be 5-1. NINERS!!!
undefeated. best wr in the league. best defensive tackle in the league. well deserving.
It's because they're the Lions a.k.a one of the worst franchises of all time, but now they have stars and are winning. If the niners were 5-0 and had won in the same fashion against the same teams, I'm convinced they'd call us pretenders.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
They haven't been this good since 1956.

Also, in 1956 they became 6-0 by beating the 9ers at Kezar

what are the odds of this, crazy

Ut oh .
undefeated thus far. that gets you press. but hey, cleavland thinks otherwise.

Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Yawn, I hope they're ready to be 5-1. NINERS!!!

That's what I'm talkin' bout!!!
Lions didn't look like a complete football team yesterday. Yeah they had big plays, but other than that they looked very average. We have a great chance to go in Detroit and get a win.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

who named him Megatron ?

when roy williams was there. i believe he dubbed himself optimus prime and calvin as megaton.

Originally posted by Num1player16:
Lions didn't look like a complete football team yesterday. Yeah they had big plays, but other than that they looked very average. We have a great chance to go in Detroit and get a win.

They'll be riding our nuts after we beat the Lions!
Is this a joke?
i live in chicago and have been watching detroit at least twice a year for as long as i can remember now (close to 20 something years). they have been a horrendous team for most of that time. their organization was so atrocious that it basically forced one of the best running backs ever to retire early. not to mention the 0-16 season, the seemingly decades long run that matt millen had, the wrs he kept drafting, and continued utter putrid play most every season save for a few here and there on top of the 0-16 season. so the point being the misery that detriot fans have been through and the city itself has been through has created a great deal of interest in seeing a team that was really down on their luck turn things around. plus they have ridiculous play makers like SUH, Megatron, Stafford, Best, Vanden Bosch, etc....i'm glad they are getting the spot light and love. the fans deserve it. imagine if we had a 10 year suckfest and started playing well and got some love for it.....oh wait....
we're gonna smash them in the mouth
Share 49ersWebzone