There are 188 users in the forums

Favre on Rodgers

Shop 49ers game tickets
you fellas should watch NFL Turning Point on versus....They had Rodgers miked up....but at the end of the show they also showed Last year's Playoff game against the Falcons and had Falcons' Coach Mike Smith miked up.

he was speechless on the sidelines at what Rodgers was doing to his team....to the point where all he said to his coaches was "he hasn't thrown an in-completion yet, has he" in the most deflated type of way.

I was laughing my arse off!
Originally posted by Afrikan:
you fellas should watch NFL Turning Point on versus....They had Rodgers miked up....but at the end of the show they also showed Last year's Playoff game against the Falcons and had Falcons' Coach Mike Smith miked up.

he was speechless on the sidelines at what Rodgers was doing to his team....to the point where all he said to his coaches was "he hasn't thrown an in-completion yet, has he" in the most deflated type of way.

thats what Montana was known for.....making the other teams leaders accept defeat before the game was even over
Originally posted by TimeToRock:
Jordy Nelson is a Lance Moore or Austin Collie? Exactly. What has Collie done this year without Manning? They are system guys that can run a route. You put any of those bums with us and take out Crabtree and our pass offense suddenly becomes a lot worse.

James Jones doesn't stretch the field. He has slightly above average speed but mainly is known for being a physical player. Again, on most teams he would be a #3.

Driver used to be quite good but he has clearly lost a step.

Jennings isn't what I would call elite, he is good with stretches of very good. He isn't a Calvin or an Andre or a Fitz where he takes over the game himself.

Also remember that Rodgers for a few years played behind a TERRIBLE line. it has gotten better lately but his first few years they sucked.

Rodgers is the best QB in the league right now. LMAO @ the idiots hating. Again, this is the same cat that played in a pro style offense at California and completed 22 straight passes against USC that year. He's always been a baller and a beast. he was always a much more gifted QB than Alex Smith. The only reason we took Alex is because he didn't question Coach Suit in the private workouts leading up to the draft.

GET. OVER. IT. We had our shot at a stud and failed.

Let's get one thing straight. I took nothing away from Aaron Rodgers. He is a top 5 quarterback in this league. He's still got more work to do before he takes over the number one spot. Manning, Brady, Brees have done the same thing Rodgers has and have done it longer.

Jennings is elite. You're obsessing over size, and guys who can pluck the ball over double coverage. He's every bit as good as Reggie Wayne or Tori Holt or Marvin Harrison. For his size he's as good as it gets.

Jordy Nelson is Green Bay's 2nd - 3rd receiver and you're comparing him to our first. Really? You put Jordy Nelson on the 49ers and Alex Smith is a better quarterback. Whose our 3rd receiver? Delanie Walker.plays more time than our 3rd receiving option in our offense. I'm going to ignore that you brought up why Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter can't operate Indy's offense. I think that would be pretty obvious but I guess it isn't.

Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson don't tell me you wouldn't take that as our 2-4 receivers. I guarantee you 28 franchises minimum would take that crew.

Look if you want to ignore that Rodgers went to a team that went to the NFC title game the year before be my guess, but the fact remains true. Green Bay has an elite defense, and very good offensive talent around Rodgers. Smith went to a team that went 2-14 the year before, no talent whatsoever, and then had 7 coordinators in 7 years to help him. Rodgers is a better quarterback than Smith, he is a top 5 quarterback, but it's a fact that he fell into a great situation. Rodgers is Steve Young. Everything was already there for him to succeed.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 7, 2011 at 6:22 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Otto Graham a dude no one knew about til the hall of fame inducted him a few years back because they didnt have anyone else and had to throw in an old guy.
I nominate this for the most ignorant post of the week. Maybe month. Maybe since the Colt Brennan supporters or Pat white fans.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by TimeToRock:
Jordy Nelson is a Lance Moore or Austin Collie? Exactly. What has Collie done this year without Manning? They are system guys that can run a route. You put any of those bums with us and take out Crabtree and our pass offense suddenly becomes a lot worse.

James Jones doesn't stretch the field. He has slightly above average speed but mainly is known for being a physical player. Again, on most teams he would be a #3.

Driver used to be quite good but he has clearly lost a step.

Jennings isn't what I would call elite, he is good with stretches of very good. He isn't a Calvin or an Andre or a Fitz where he takes over the game himself.

Also remember that Rodgers for a few years played behind a TERRIBLE line. it has gotten better lately but his first few years they sucked.

Rodgers is the best QB in the league right now. LMAO @ the idiots hating. Again, this is the same cat that played in a pro style offense at California and completed 22 straight passes against USC that year. He's always been a baller and a beast. he was always a much more gifted QB than Alex Smith. The only reason we took Alex is because he didn't question Coach Suit in the private workouts leading up to the draft.

GET. OVER. IT. We had our shot at a stud and failed.

Let's get one thing straight. I took nothing away from Aaron Rodgers. He is a top 5 quarterback in this league. He's still got more work to do before he takes over the number one spot. Manning, Brady, Brees have done the same thing Rodgers has and have done it longer.

Jennings is elite. You're obsessing over size, and guys who can pluck the ball over double coverage. He's every bit as good as Reggie Wayne or Tori Holt or Marvin Harrison. For his size he's as good as it gets.

Jordy Nelson is Green Bay's 2nd - 3rd receiver and you're comparing him to our first. Really? You put Jordy Nelson on the 49ers and Alex Smith is a better quarterback. Whose our 3rd receiver? Delanie Walker.plays more time than our 3rd receiving option in our offense. I'm going to ignore that you brought up why Kerry Collins and Curtis Painter can't operate Indy's offense. I think that would be pretty obvious but I guess it isn't.

Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson don't tell me you wouldn't take that as our 2-4 receivers. I guarantee you 28 franchises minimum would take that crew.

Look if you want to ignore that Rodgers went to a team that went to the NFC title game the year before be my guess, but the fact remains true. Green Bay has an elite defense, and very good offensive talent around Rodgers. Smith went to a team that went 2-14 the year before, no talent whatsoever, and then had 7 coordinators in 7 years to help him. Rodgers is a better quarterback than Smith, he is a top 5 quarterback, but it's a fact that he fell into a great situation. Rodgers is Steve Young. Everything was already there for him to succeed.

Yes everything was there for him and still is. These guys are unrealistic that he doesn't have anything. He has a great team around him.
Favre is a bitter old man who's crying because after Rodgers hangs it up, WI is going to be saying, "Favre who?"
Originally posted by Afrikan:

f**k rodgers and the stupid ass packers. If you were a real 90s fan during the 90s I dont see how you could root for them.
F*ck Brett Favre, he's a piece of sh*t prima dona that needs to shut up. Hes a hater and he's jealous of Aaron Rodgers.
Really think that Favre was misunderstood. He was trying to compliment Rodgers. The media got into dissecting every word and put an irreverant spin on it. Like the media does on almost everything.
Share 49ersWebzone