There are 153 users in the forums

Favre on Rodgers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CrabTheSwagKing:
Against Denver, who made Andy Dalton look like Peyton Manning. Expected.

Ah good point, I need sleep everyone is proving me wrong and making good points tonight, lol.
To people that really think Rodgers has this "great" receiving core that makes him look good. Do you even watch football?

He has 1 "good" receiver and a very good TE. You actually think guys like Jordy Nelson, James Jones, etc.. would start on other teams? Laughable. Rodgers makes stiffs like those guys look great because he is the most accurate QB in the league. He is the KING of the back shoulder throw, excellent at throwing his receivers open, and his pocket presence is very good as well. Crabtree is probably better than 3 of their guys, Nelson, Jones, and even Driver. This is why Ted Thompson had Crabtree rated as the best player on his board in the 09' draft. Decided to go with Raji because there would have been a "not enough balls to go around" issue.

You put a guy like Crabtree or even Braylon on the Packers instead of someone like Donald Driver or Jordy nelson and that offense goes from "scary" to "possible record setters". All because they have a great playcaller and the best QB in the league right now.

It's a top 8 receiving core at the very worse. Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jermichael Finley. What you're saying about Rodger's is 100% correct but that's a talented receiving core as well.

Greg Jennings is an elite receiver not a good one. Donald Driver is a vet ala Hines Ward. Always reliable. James Jones stretches the field. Jordy Nelson is a Lance Moore or Austin Collie. Hate on his skills all you want he's a beast in that system. Finley was hurt last year so I'll forget just how talented of a tight end they have too.

Brett Favre took Jennings and Driver to the NFC title game the year before Rodgers started. Matt Flynn put up 27 points 257 yards, 100 rating against New England. You can hate on Green Bay's lack of a rushing attack. That's all but gone. They also suffered more criticial injuries than anyone else last year. Rodgers is every bit as good as you guys are implying, but the fact remains that he landed in the best situation possible.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 6, 2011 at 9:59 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
To people that really think Rodgers has this "great" receiving core that makes him look good. Do you even watch football?

He has 1 "good" receiver and a very good TE. You actually think guys like Jordy Nelson, James Jones, etc.. would start on other teams? Laughable. Rodgers makes stiffs like those guys look great because he is the most accurate QB in the league. He is the KING of the back shoulder throw, excellent at throwing his receivers open, and his pocket presence is very good as well. Crabtree is probably better than 3 of their guys, Nelson, Jones, and even Driver. This is why Ted Thompson had Crabtree rated as the best player on his board in the 09' draft. Decided to go with Raji because there would have been a "not enough balls to go around" issue.

You put a guy like Crabtree or even Braylon on the Packers instead of someone like Donald Driver or Jordy nelson and that offense goes from "scary" to "possible record setters". All because they have a great playcaller and the best QB in the league right now.

It's a top 8 receiving core at the very worse. Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Jermichael Finley. What you're saying about Rodger's is 100% correct but that's a talented receiving core as well.

Greg Jennings is an elite receiver not a good one. Donald Driver is a vet ala Hines Ward. Always reliable. James Jones stretches the field. Jordy Nelson is a Lance Moore or Austin Collie. Hate on his skills all you want he's a beast in that system. Finley was hurt last year so I'll forget just how talented of a tight end they have too.

Brett Favre took Jennings and Driver to the NFC title game the year before Rodgers started. Matt Flynn put up 27 points 257 yards, 100 rating against New England. You can hate on Green Bay's lack of a rushing attack. That's all but gone. They also suffered more criticial injuries than anyone else last year. Rodgers is every bit as good as you guys are implying, but the fact remains that he landed in the best situation possible.

He landed in an amazing situation. He has tremendous talent around him. These guys overly romanticise Rodgers.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He landed in an amazing situation. He has tremendous talent around him. These guys overly romanticise Rodgers.

That argument is so lame. Name me a SB winning QB that didn't have a good team

It's called a damn TEAM for a reason.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

That argument is so lame. Name me a SB winning QB that didn't have a good team

It's called a damn TEAM for a reason.

Yeah and you have to give credit to Rodgers for putting them over the edge. He gives that team a clear identity.
I don't mind what Favre said. Do i agree with it? Maybe a little but I'd rather him say that than some generic answer. If thats how he feels then so be it.
Favre still cant get over the fact that GB management took a QB in the 1st round. boo mother f**king hoo

Jordy Nelson is a Lance Moore or Austin Collie? Exactly. What has Collie done this year without Manning? They are system guys that can run a route. You put any of those bums with us and take out Crabtree and our pass offense suddenly becomes a lot worse.

James Jones doesn't stretch the field. He has slightly above average speed but mainly is known for being a physical player. Again, on most teams he would be a #3.

Driver used to be quite good but he has clearly lost a step.

Jennings isn't what I would call elite, he is good with stretches of very good. He isn't a Calvin or an Andre or a Fitz where he takes over the game himself.

Also remember that Rodgers for a few years played behind a TERRIBLE line. it has gotten better lately but his first few years they sucked.

Rodgers is the best QB in the league right now. LMAO @ the idiots hating. Again, this is the same cat that played in a pro style offense at California and completed 22 straight passes against USC that year. He's always been a baller and a beast. he was always a much more gifted QB than Alex Smith. The only reason we took Alex is because he didn't question Coach Suit in the private workouts leading up to the draft.

GET. OVER. IT. We had our shot at a stud and failed.
Originally posted by TimeToRock:

Jordy Nelson is a Lance Moore or Austin Collie? Exactly. What has Collie done this year without Manning? They are system guys that can run a route. You put any of those bums with us and take out Crabtree and our pass offense suddenly becomes a lot worse.

James Jones doesn't stretch the field. He has slightly above average speed but mainly is known for being a physical player. Again, on most teams he would be a #3.

Driver used to be quite good but he has clearly lost a step.

Jennings isn't what I would call elite, he is good with stretches of very good. He isn't a Calvin or an Andre or a Fitz where he takes over the game himself.

Also remember that Rodgers for a few years played behind a TERRIBLE line. it has gotten better lately but his first few years they sucked.

Rodgers is the best QB in the league right now. LMAO @ the idiots hating. Again, this is the same cat that played in a pro style offense at California and completed 22 straight passes against USC that year. He's always been a baller and a beast. he was always a much more gifted QB than Alex Smith. The only reason we took Alex is because he didn't question Coach Suit in the private workouts leading up to the draft.

GET. OVER. IT. We had our shot at a stud and failed.

Tom Brady is the best QB in the league and dont you forget it mister

Originally posted by valrod33:

I don't disagree, but he was put in the best situation. You show me the HC of the era, and I will show you the luckiest QB of that same era.

Montana and Brady landed in better spots than Rodgers.

I have Montana at 1 and Brady at 2, but Rodgers has all the makings of what it takes to beat out Brady as my number 2 all time
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by valrod33:

I don't disagree, but he was put in the best situation. You show me the HC of the era, and I will show you the luckiest QB of that same era.

I have Montana at 1 and Brady at 2, but Rodgers has all the makings of what it takes to beat out Brady as my number 2 all time
Tom Brady and Joe Montana are way better looking than Aaron Rodgers therefore he will never crack my top 10 unless he wins 4 consecutive superbowls

Rodgers has what it takes to beat out montana.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Rodgers has what it takes to beat out montana.

nope he is wearing the wrong colors. I ain't gonna lie. Somebody is going to have to put to rest ALL doubt for me ever to have Montana dethroned in my eyes
nope he is wearing the wrong colors. I ain't gonna lie. Somebody is going to have to put to rest ALL doubt for me ever to have Montana dethroned in my eyes

Why is Montana a God in your eyes?

Just asking, not flaming. A few years of losing has made me appreciate players of all teams, so I know rodgers is wearing the wrong colors, but dude is still a baller.

My only real knock on rodgers, is he isn't the best at leading comebacks IMO.
[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Oct 7, 2011 at 2:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone