Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Favre on Rodgers

He will have more rings than Favre
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

good Favre is a douche
Originally posted by Niners99:
agreed. It sounds rude, but Rodgers really fell into a great situation.

nobody is saying he isnt a great QB, but when you look at how his career has went, thats pretty much how ANY young QB would paint the perfect scenario to start a career. get to join a great, well run organization with a history of success. get to sit on the sidelines and learn the playbook for 3 years behind a Hall of Fame QB. Then when its time to step in (after the team planned it out by letting Favre leave over the offseason, not throwing him into the game in the 3rd quarter after an injury), you have a great set of WR to help you out in Greg Jennings and Donald Driver, a decent OL, a decent running game to balance the offense, and a defense that keeps you in every game. not to mention the same playbook your entire career.

Im so tired of all the cynical Niner fans with no common sense who keep lamenting about how the 49ers missed out on a HOF QB when they picked Smith over Rodgers. as perfect a scenario it was for Rodgers, it was as terrible a situation for Smith in SF. poorly run organization, worst team in the NFL, he was thrown into the fire during his rookie year. 7 new playbooks in 7 years. no WR, no OL. etc. Alex Smith is still learning a NEW playbook in his 7th season with a wristband, when Aaron Rodgers has been able to master his over the last 7 years.

/rant

wrong, see Favre said he is good. He didnt say great, hell he didnt say very good. He said good.
Looking back at farve's and Rodger's histories, would any team really want somebody that in twenty years will win one super bowl or a guy who does it in his third year as a starter?

Rodgers has a chance to be elite while Farve will be remembered as the guy who never went away.
to me his comments read as if Farve was trying to say "If I was there we would have won multiple superbowls with that talent."
Originally posted by ads_2006:
to me his comments read as if Farve was trying to say "If I was there we would have won multiple superbowls with that talent."

thats what the f**k he was saying. People need to wise up to that. dude is arrogant.
Originally posted by cornbread:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

thats what the f**k he was saying. People need to wise up to that. dude is arrogant.

I'm with you guys.
Used to like favre, lol
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Possibly. Super Bowls aren't easy to win though. Yeah Rodgers was phenomenal last year, but they had one of the best defenses in the league last year to pair with him. If that takes a step back (and it's looking that way) so does Green Bay.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Everyone knows that A Rodgers had a ferrari of a football team handed to him.

The game winner of the last Super Bowl was a Green Bay pick six and steller defense, yet Aaron got the MVP nod.

pshhhh.

You have to be kidding me. Rodgers threw for 300 yards against a DICK LEBEAU defense, no picks, and also had quite a few drops by Jordy nelson.

Set aside all the "he fell into a great situation" stuff. Yes it is true, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Rodgers is the most accurate QB in the league right now, to go along with a rocket arm. This is the same guy that in 2004 on a much worse Cal team had 22 straight completions against a USC defense that had many NFL players on it.

Rodgers is already much better than Favre ever was Favre wishes he has Rodgers' rare blend of Power and touch, along with his decision making.
To people that really think Rodgers has this "great" receiving core that makes him look good. Do you even watch football?

He has 1 "good" receiver and a very good TE. You actually think guys like Jordy Nelson, James Jones, etc.. would start on other teams? Laughable. Rodgers makes stiffs like those guys look great because he is the most accurate QB in the league. He is the KING of the back shoulder throw, excellent at throwing his receivers open, and his pocket presence is very good as well. Crabtree is probably better than 3 of their guys, Nelson, Jones, and even Driver. This is why Ted Thompson had Crabtree rated as the best player on his board in the 09' draft. Decided to go with Raji because there would have been a "not enough balls to go around" issue.

You put a guy like Crabtree or even Braylon on the Packers instead of someone like Donald Driver or Jordy nelson and that offense goes from "scary" to "possible record setters". All because they have a great playcaller and the best QB in the league right now.
Originally posted by CrabTheSwagKing:
To people that really think Rodgers has this "great" receiving core that makes him look good. Do you even watch football?

He has 1 "good" receiver and a very good TE. You actually think guys like Jordy Nelson, James Jones, etc.. would start on other teams? Laughable. Rodgers makes stiffs like those guys look great because he is the most accurate QB in the league. He is the KING of the back shoulder throw, excellent at throwing his receivers open, and his pocket presence is very good as well. Crabtree is probably better than 3 of their guys, Nelson, Jones, and even Driver. This is why Ted Thompson had Crabtree rated as the best player on his board in the 09' draft. Decided to go with Raji because there would have been a "not enough balls to go around" issue.

You put a guy like Crabtree or even Braylon on the Packers instead of someone like Donald Driver or Jordy nelson and that offense goes from "scary" to "possible record setters". All because they have a great playcaller and the best QB in the league right now.

Not only that, but whoever is calling plays for him, or all the awesome audibles he calls, those "substandard" wr's are usually open as hell, and it makes no sense to me.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Not only that, but whoever is calling plays for him, or all the awesome audibles he calls, those "substandard" wr's are usually open as hell, and it makes no sense to me.

It's called "throwing receivers open". Foreign to most around here as it hasn't been done in awhile. Now granted, A-Rod has the benefit of having an outstanding playcaller whereas our QB's have not, but it is laughable to discredit this guy when he consistently displays ridiculous accuracy.

It's quite similar to New England. Is Wes Welker REALLY some amazing receiver? No. He's a good slot receiver with quickness who happens to catch passes from another stud quarterback.
Originally posted by CrabTheSwagKing:
It's called "throwing receivers open". Foreign to most around here as it hasn't been done in awhile. Now granted, A-Rod has the benefit of having an outstanding playcaller whereas our QB's have not, but it is laughable to discredit this guy when he consistently displays ridiculous accuracy.

It's quite similar to New England. Is Wes Welker REALLY some amazing receiver? No. He's a good slot receiver with quickness who happens to catch passes from another stud quarterback.

he does throw his Wr's open, but if you watched that game last week on some of those TD throws, it looked like the Wr's werent even being covered.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
he does throw his Wr's open, but if you watched that game last week on some of those TD throws, it looked like the Wr's werent even being covered.

Against Denver, who made Andy Dalton look like Peyton Manning. Expected.