There are 133 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Favre on Rodgers

• Paul
  • Veteran
ESPN said today that Rodgers in his 3rd season won a super bowl, it took Favre 5 yrs as a starter... hm, how bitter is this guy?
Favre's obviously bitter. Then again we all know Joe's got some bitterness towards Steve Young too. It's pretty understandable.

Oh yeah and I apologize for using Brett Favre and Joe Montana in the same analogy. I'm just stating that no legendary quarterback is going to like the guy that took his job.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 5, 2011 at 7:54 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
out of greater haterism (with no regard for stats, SB appearances etc.) , i would take Favre over Kurt Warner

i like Moon. but if i HAD to choose... i'd take fav-ro

.....it's my list

Fair enough.....

I think there is an argument for both of them to be top 10.

Ill be honset too......

Farve ends Superbowl runs by throwing interceptions.

He is anti clutch.

Montana
Young
Marino
Brady
Manning

Are a given

There is no way he is in my top 5 and 6 to 10 is damn crowded.

Guys like Jim Kelly drew brees warren moon and Kurt warner did it or are doing it with thier arms

Guys like troy aikman and big Ben have rings and were clutch

There are ALOT of arguments to be made for alot of QBs
f**k Favre. I couldn't care less what he has to say about anything. He can go s**t in his wranglers for all I care.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
"I'm really kind of surprised it took him so long," Favre said. "In the early part of last year season, it hadn't quite clicked yet, and I didn't know it would. I just kind of figured when they hit their stride, they're going to be hard to beat. And that's what happened."

He just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he's a good player. I don't think there's any pressure on him now, the talent around him is even better than when I was there.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7061578/brett-favre-asks-why-aaron-rodgers-super-bowl-title-ring-took-long

Well he had the chance to say a quick and easy Aaron is a good QB statement, and instead back door suggested Favre would have done it quicker.

Favre is all class! I know many will read it different, but this is how I see it.
Farve is a idoit, im leaving you because the talent sucks and i want another ring... 2 teams removed and a retirement and he got to watch rodgers get his first. Good now that is karma!
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Nothing makes me happier to see the way Favre ended his career. An interception record which will never be touched, a choker, can't make a decision just like a female, no class, flashing pervert, burning bridges and throwing the same picks he did earlier in his career.

The only thing special about Brett Favre is that he is an iron man and he managed just enough magic to make you forget what a horrible gun slinger he can be. He was absolutely no different at the end as he was in the beginning, the man learned absolutely nothing his whole time in the NFL.

Anybody who has him as a top 10 all time QB is a moron imho
brett favre carved us up so many times that i cant even remember. i hate the b*****d but hes definitely a top 10 QB of all time. name 10 guys youd put in front of him?

well to be more accurate, I really don't understand those who have him in top 5. Top 12-15 is where I see him. Not in order

Montana
Young
Brady
Manning
Marino
Elway
Len Dawson
Johnny Unitas
Troy Aikman
Otto Graham

lol Len Dawson? Marino the most overrated QB of all time that never won s**t and Otto Graham a dude no one knew about til the hall of fame inducted him a few years back because they didnt have anyone else and had to throw in an old guy. Favre is a huge piece of s**t, i hate his guts but hes definitely a top 10 QB, id put him in front of Aikman too. probably tied with Elway in the middle of the top 10 even tho i hate favre and elway was one of my favorite non niners. gotta give credit when its due and not blindly hate, i know this is the zone but logic has to come in to play atleast sometimes on here.

I am using logic. Logic dictates its freaking hard to pull off being the historical INT leader and somehow being one of the best all time. Please tell me what is illogical about that? I am giving him his due, I am giving him a top 10-15 spot All Time. Please give me your logic how that qualifies as "not giving him his due" At no point did I state he was not a great QB

I am also using the logic based on his lack of development. He never stopped being a cowboy gunslinger, he never let his past failures mold him into a better QB. Again, please tell me how these statements are founded in hate as opposed to logic. He had more WTF what were you thinking picks than anybody else on my list...had he learned to curb those through time he would have been among the all time top 5....but he didn't. Again, please educate me on this missing logic.

For the record, all of the off the field stuff I said about Brett Favre, counted for exactly ZERO of my analysis on his All time ranking. His ranking comes down to the sheer number of WTF were you thinking INT's he threw at all stages of his career.

i base mine off of who he beat and when he beat them. he owned us in the 90's when we were in our prime for the most part, he beat the cowboys a few times. he may be a gunslinger but that came with being able to hit on TDs most of the time. its on his coach to tell him to hold it back if he didnt trust him to throw the ball, they obviously saw something in him and trusted him to throw the ball. not gonna go over the reasons he deserves to be named in the top 10 since you are in the vast minority of people who think hes not worthy of a top ten spot. i cant believe im defending this prick
Rodgers won the super bowl last year with a team that had more starters injured than any other team in the entire league.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Fair enough.....

I think there is an argument for both of them to be top 10.

Ill be honset too......

Farve ends Superbowl runs by throwing interceptions.

He is anti clutch.

Montana
Young
Marino
Brady
Manning

Are a given

There is no way he is in my top 5 and 6 to 10 is damn crowded.

Guys like Jim Kelly drew brees warren moon and Kurt warner did it or are doing it with thier arms

Guys like troy aikman and big Ben have rings and were clutch

There are ALOT of arguments to be made for alot of QBs

Awesome... Warren Moon was a really good QB that had most of his best years in either the CFL or the USFL, I can't remember. Moon should be considered on any list. The run and shoot will always place a cloud on Moon's numbers but the guy could throw.
Rogers is already a better QB than Favre was at his peak.
  • flow
  • Veteran
Nothing makes me happier to see the way Favre ended his career. An interception record which will never be touched, a choker, can't make a decision just like a female, no class, flashing pervert, burning bridges and throwing the same picks he did earlier in his career.

The only thing special about Brett Favre is that he is an iron man and he managed just enough magic to make you forget what a horrible gun slinger he can be. He was absolutely no different at the end as he was in the beginning, the man learned absolutely nothing his whole time in the NFL.

I agree. Off the top of my head...

Quarterbacks who are definitely better than Favre:
Joe Montana
Johnny Unitas
Sammy Baugh
Steve Young
Otto Graham
John Elway
Bart Starr
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Kurt Warner
Terry Bradshaw
Bobby Layne

Quarterbacks who could be better than Favre eventually:
Ben Roethlisberger
Drew Brees

Quarterbacks who may or may not be better than Favre:
Troy Aikman
Roger Staubach

What do you guys think?
[ Edited by flow on Oct 6, 2011 at 12:23 AM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Whats the big deal? What he said was true

agreed. It sounds rude, but Rodgers really fell into a great situation.

nobody is saying he isnt a great QB, but when you look at how his career has went, thats pretty much how ANY young QB would paint the perfect scenario to start a career. get to join a great, well run organization with a history of success. get to sit on the sidelines and learn the playbook for 3 years behind a Hall of Fame QB. Then when its time to step in (after the team planned it out by letting Favre leave over the offseason, not throwing him into the game in the 3rd quarter after an injury), you have a great set of WR to help you out in Greg Jennings and Donald Driver, a decent OL, a decent running game to balance the offense, and a defense that keeps you in every game. not to mention the same playbook your entire career.

Im so tired of all the cynical Niner fans with no common sense who keep lamenting about how the 49ers missed out on a HOF QB when they picked Smith over Rodgers. as perfect a scenario it was for Rodgers, it was as terrible a situation for Smith in SF. poorly run organization, worst team in the NFL, he was thrown into the fire during his rookie year. 7 new playbooks in 7 years. no WR, no OL. etc. Alex Smith is still learning a NEW playbook in his 7th season with a wristband, when Aaron Rodgers has been able to master his over the last 7 years.

/rant
Originally posted by flow:

I agree. Off the top of my head...

Quarterbacks who are definitely better than Favre:
Joe Montana
Johnny Unitas
Sammy Baugh
Steve Young
Otto Graham
John Elway
Bart Starr
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Kurt Warner
Terry Bradshaw
Bobby Layne

Quarterbacks who could be better than Favre eventually:
Ben Roethlisberger
Drew Brees

Quarterbacks who may or may not be better than Favre:
Troy Aikman
Roger Staubach

What do you guys think?

lol anti-Cowboy bias.

Favre is hard to rank. you kinda have to throw all his total TD's and YDS, etc records out the window, because he played for a million years. or, you could look at that as something that made him better than others, being able to play that long.

I personally think hes overrated. Although outside Montana and maybe Elway, theres probably no other QB id rather have when im down in the 4th quarter. He was just too reckless with the football. threw too many stupid picks. didnt protect the ball. made dangerous shovel passes, etc. Hes still a top 15 QB probably, but for being so great for so long, only having 1 ring to show for it doesnt really match all the praise he was given.

Its hard to compare QB's from different eras. every old timer is going to tell you Otto Graham was the best there ever was. the next group will say Johnny Unitas. the next will say Montana (who really is), and this generation will probably say Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.
Truth hurts?
Originally posted by backontop:
Truth hurts?

What he said is true. Rodgers is in one hell of a situation. On a powerhouse team. It's hardly all him. There is tons around him.