LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

Favre on Rodgers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by danimal:
Nothing makes me happier to see the way Favre ended his career. An interception record which will never be touched, a choker, can't make a decision just like a female, no class, flashing pervert, burning bridges and throwing the same picks he did earlier in his career.

The only thing special about Brett Favre is that he is an iron man and he managed just enough magic to make you forget what a horrible gun slinger he can be. He was absolutely no different at the end as he was in the beginning, the man learned absolutely nothing his whole time in the NFL.

Anybody who has him as a top 10 all time QB is a moron imho

I'm taking a wild guess that you don't like Favre
Nothing makes me happier to see the way Favre ended his career. An interception record which will never be touched, a choker, can't make a decision just like a female, no class, flashing pervert, burning bridges and throwing the same picks he did earlier in his career.

The only thing special about Brett Favre is that he is an iron man and he managed just enough magic to make you forget what a horrible gun slinger he can be. He was absolutely no different at the end as he was in the beginning, the man learned absolutely nothing his whole time in the NFL.

brett favre carved us up so many times that i cant even remember. i hate the b*****d but hes definitely a top 10 QB of all time. name 10 guys youd put in front of him?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

brett favre carved us up so many times that i cant even remember. i hate the b*****d but hes definitely a top 10 QB of all time. name 10 guys youd put in front of him?

*disclaimer* the following list is in no particular order and is NOT my person opinion of all time ranks for QB's *disclaimer*

1. Montana
2. Young
3. Manning
4. Brady
5. Unitas
6. Marino
7. Elway

um....... (haterism reaching....)

8. Staubach
9. Graham

um........ (more haterism...)

10. Aaron Rodgers.

well to be more accurate, I really don't understand those who have him in top 5. Top 12-15 is where I see him. Not in order

Montana
Young
Brady
Manning
Marino
Elway
Len Dawson
Johnny Unitas
Troy Aikman
Otto Graham
Farve barely makes the top ten during his time period. There is no way that hes in the top ten of all time QB's. He had just as many really bad seasons as good seasons.

There were really good QB's during every time period. The only way Farve makes a top ten list is if we start to put parameters on the selection criteria e.i. must have won a super bowl or voted mvp type of crap.

Just naming a coupe of modern QB's, I would have brady, manning and brees ahead of farve. I can do this for just about any time period.
Originally posted by fister30:
Farve barely makes the top ten during his time period. There is no way that hes in the top ten of all time QB's. He had just as many really bad seasons as good seasons.

There were really good QB's during every time period. The only way Farve makes a top ten list is if we start to put parameters on the selection criteria e.i. must have won a super bowl or voted mvp type of crap.

Just naming a coupe of modern QB's, I would have brady, manning and brees ahead of farve. I can do this for just about any time period.

Faver um... plays the game like it's supposed to be played!!!!!! ya!!!!

all time INT's..... lol.

well to be more accurate, I really don't understand those who have him in top 5. Top 12-15 is where I see him. Not in order

Montana
Young
Brady
Manning
Marino
Elway
Len Dawson
Johnny Unitas
Troy Aikman
Otto Graham

lol Len Dawson? Marino the most overrated QB of all time that never won s**t and Otto Graham a dude no one knew about til the hall of fame inducted him a few years back because they didnt have anyone else and had to throw in an old guy. Favre is a huge piece of s**t, i hate his guts but hes definitely a top 10 QB, id put him in front of Aikman too. probably tied with Elway in the middle of the top 10 even tho i hate favre and elway was one of my favorite non niners. gotta give credit when its due and not blindly hate, i know this is the zone but logic has to come in to play atleast sometimes on here.

Montana
Young
Brady
Manning
Marino
Elway
Len Dawson
Johnny Unitas
Troy Aikman
Otto Graham

lol Len Dawson? Marino the most overrated QB of all time that never won s**t and Otto Graham a dude no one knew about til the hall of fame inducted him a few years back because they didnt have anyone else and had to throw in an old guy. Favre is a huge piece of s**t, i hate his guts but hes definitely a top 10 QB, id put him in front of Aikman too. probably tied with Elway in the middle of the top 10 even tho i hate favre and elway was one of my favorite non niners. gotta give credit when its due and not blindly hate, i know this is the zone but logic has to come in to play atleast sometimes on here.

I am using logic. Logic dictates its freaking hard to pull off being the historical INT leader and somehow being one of the best all time. Please tell me what is illogical about that? I am giving him his due, I am giving him a top 10-15 spot All Time. Please give me your logic how that qualifies as "not giving him his due" At no point did I state he was not a great QB

I am also using the logic based on his lack of development. He never stopped being a cowboy gunslinger, he never let his past failures mold him into a better QB. Again, please tell me how these statements are founded in hate as opposed to logic. He had more WTF what were you thinking picks than anybody else on my list...had he learned to curb those through time he would have been among the all time top 5....but he didn't. Again, please educate me on this missing logic.

For the record, all of the off the field stuff I said about Brett Favre, counted for exactly ZERO of my analysis on his All time ranking. His ranking comes down to the sheer number of WTF were you thinking INT's he threw at all stages of his career.
[ Edited by danimal on Oct 5, 2011 at 4:12 PM ]
He did fall into a great situation. He has a great O Line, great WR's / TE's and a fantastic Defense backing him up and holding down the other team. You guys overly romanticize Rodgers.

HE DID FALL INTO A GREAT SITUATION!

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He did fall into a great situation. He has a great O Line, great WR's / TE's and a fantastic Defense backing him up and holding down the other team. You guys overly romanticize Rodgers.

HE DID FALL INTO A GREAT SITUATION!

Everyone knows that A Rodgers had a ferrari of a football team handed to him.

The game winner of the last Super Bowl was a Green Bay pick six and steller defense, yet Aaron got the MVP nod.

pshhhh.
I'll never get the whole arguement that because a QB had a good team around them, somehow they are less talented.

By you Rodgers-haters logic, Montana wasn't very special, he had a great team around him after all. (Even more so with Young).
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
*disclaimer* the following list is in no particular order and is NOT my person opinion of all time ranks for QB's *disclaimer*

1. Montana
2. Young
3. Manning
4. Brady
5. Unitas
6. Marino
7. Elway

um....... (haterism reaching....)

8. Staubach
9. Graham

um........ (more haterism...)

10. Aaron Rodgers.

I dont see moon on that list......

Don't see Kurt Warner either
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Everyone knows that A Rodgers had a ferrari of a football team handed to him.

The game winner of the last Super Bowl was a Green Bay pick six and steller defense, yet Aaron got the MVP nod.

pshhhh.

Yea I hate when a 300 yard 3td performer gets the nod on a team who lost there best rushing and ref's threat....
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I dont see moon on that list......

Don't see Kurt Warner either

out of greater haterism (with no regard for stats, SB appearances etc.) , i would take Favre over Kurt Warner

i like Moon. but if i HAD to choose... i'd take fav-ro

.....it's my list
[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Oct 5, 2011 at 6:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone