LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 137 users in the forums

Eli Manning says he's in the same class as an elite QB as Tom Brady

Shop 49ers game tickets
Not even close! He was close to being a bust before the earth-wind-fire RB crew + Plexico salvaged his career to get him some confidence. He was one dropped interception away and a miraculous catch from just being average. Not to mention the defense won that season for them. He is good, not elite, and will never sniff the HOF.
Eli Manning wears velchro shoes
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Eli's apparently taking a photoshop class with Brady.

lol he looks like payton with down syndrom. I'd rather have his brother and his defense then him. hell i'd take philp rivers over him any day of the week.
I don't get the hate of Eli. Dude is a 2nd tier QB and thats not bad to have. Hell we haven't had one on over a decade.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I don't get the hate of Eli. Dude is a 2nd tier QB and thats not bad to have. Hell we haven't had one on over a decade.

He wouldn't be "hated" if he didn't make silly comments. There are a LOT of QBs in this league I would rather have than Eli, apart from the obvious, Manning, Brady etc. I would also rather have Ryan, Freeman, Stafford (if he could stay healthy) and possibly even Bradford (on potential).

He is good, but I don't think he is anywhere near Elite!
Originally posted by stonecold590:
Eli Manning wears velcro shoes
Originally posted by SanFranMan:
GTFO Eli!

That dude could be paralyzed.....

P.S....I agree. Eli Manning should of said he is in the same class as T.Jackson, Jason Campbell and Alex Smith.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by aman49:
F*** Eli.

Least favorite non-rapist QB in the NFL (after Roethlisberger and Sanchez)

What is Eli supposed to say? "oh yeah he is better than me by a lot, I am not a consistent QB and at times I get INT happy while Tom Brady is god and I worship the ground he walks on"? Seriously?

Yes scotr bro he should say that! He knows he aint brady calliber! Nor is he paytons league neither
Originally posted by 5280High:
Not even close! He was close to being a bust before the earth-wind-fire RB crew + Plexico salvaged his career to get him some confidence. He was one dropped interception away and a miraculous catch from just being average. Not to mention the defense won that season for them. He is good, not elite, and will never sniff the HOF.

Can't say I disagree.
Eli is a scrub. Though he made a very clutch play in the Super Bowl, the Giants defense and monster running game is what got them there (think Trent Dilfer). Eli isn't the best QB in his division, draft class, or even in his family. The only reason he went number one is because his last name just happens to be Manning, and everyone was hyping him up to be the second coming of Peyton.

I bet the Giants are kicking themselves over trading Phillip Rivers. With him, they could have had three Super Bowls by now.

Eli is a very good QB, and I wouldn't put too much stock into last year's INT numbers. He didn't have much help for a lot of last year with injuries to Nicks, Steve Smith, Manningham, Bradshaw, O'Hara, Seubert, and more. Giants were beat up all over the place -- WR, RB, OL.

All that said, he's not on Brady's level, but he doesn't have the supporting cast of Brady either. He's probably in or close to the top third of the league as far as QB's go.
Eli is a straight up dork,but he's looking really accurate right now.
Eli went for $1 in my 12 person $200 fantasy auction draft
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by aman49:
F*** Eli.

Least favorite non-rapist QB in the NFL (after Roethlisberger and Sanchez)

What is Eli supposed to say? "oh yeah he is better than me by a lot, I am not a consistent QB and at times I get INT happy while Tom Brady is god and I worship the ground he walks on"? Seriously?

You are right,, this is the kind of s**t they talk about on sport talk radio,,,,, we are supposed to be real football fans on the webzone...
No way - no how. Way, way, way over-rated.
Share 49ersWebzone